PDA

View Full Version : Part # for black strip taillights

Changinlatitude
07-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Anybody have that part number handy? I dusted off a set that's been sitting on a shelf in the garage for years, and honestly I can't remember where they came from. They are definitely OEM, and I think I remember reading that the taillights are tinted, like the reverse lights on the MM, but it's hard to tell if there's a tint on these. Regardless of what they came off, I'll be selling these. They're in perfect condition, but just need to know what to list them as. Thanks!

Turbov6Bryan
07-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Anybody have that part number handy? I dusted off a set that's been sitting on a shelf in the garage for years, and honestly I can't remember where they came from. They are definitely OEM, and I think I remember reading that the taillights are tinted, like the reverse lights on the MM, but it's hard to tell if there's a tint on these. Regardless of what they came off, I'll be selling these. They're in perfect condition, but just need to know what to list them as. Thanks!

Like S55 treatment over marauder tail lights?

RubberCtyRauder
07-26-2016, 04:01 PM
oem marauder specific taillights are obsolete from ford.

fastblackmerc
07-26-2016, 04:21 PM
OEM MM taillights are not tinted nor did they have the "S55" treatment. Sounds like yours have been modified.

Changinlatitude
07-26-2016, 06:13 PM
OK, let me rephrase my question: No treatment, S55 or otherwise. Just your average taillights with the black strip on the bottom. Not DTR strip, chrome strip, etc......just black like the kind on my completely average black 03 MM. These have Ford markings stamped on them, so I know they are OEM from SOMETHING, just wanted to know if they are MM or CV. I thought I read somewhere that the MM rear lights were tinted from the factory, like the reverse lights are, but I see that I obviously didn't remember that part correctly.

Spectragod
07-27-2016, 06:30 AM
The rear tail lights were advertised as tinted. I suspect what was done was on the reflector itself.

A part # will tell if it is a Ford or Mercury part. Then proceed to come up with a price.

MMBLUE
07-27-2016, 07:43 AM
ebay prices are all over the place on these.

For reference, I got a set delivered to my door aftermarket for 48 bucks. I did look for OEM ones but, just couldn't justify the average of $160 bucks or so plus shipping for OEM. They are a Ford CV taillight. Mostly used on Black police package applications. I put my aftermarket ones side by side to OEM ones and they are a exact match though and through to OEM. These are the ones I got http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2000-2011-Ford-Crown-Victoria-2-Bulbs-Model-Tail-Lights-Left-Right-Pair-/142005303498?hash=item21102cf8 ca:g:344AAOSwfZ1WbNJl&vxp=mtr

champ1173
07-27-2016, 08:10 AM
The bottom part of the light is painted to match the color of our cars.

Turbov6Bryan
07-27-2016, 08:57 AM
The rear tail lights were advertised as tinted. I suspect what was done was on the reflector itself.

A part # will tell if it is a Ford or Mercury part. Then proceed to come up with a price.

I've pulled marauder lights off cars and they are our ruby red color, not the cherry red off the CV. all have a ford stamped on them AND say crown Vic

Here's one

Turbov6Bryan
07-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Of course my phone died while using the flash

Op give us the part #. YOU have it, it's on the back of the dang light!