PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Sensors

crouse
08-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying a second set of wheels for my daughter's 2013 Ford Focus so I can mount up some winter tires. I found a used set with tire pressure sensors for $190. What do I need to do to synchronize the new sensors to the car?

Thanks,
Curt

Turbov6Bryan
08-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying a second set of wheels for my daughter's 2013 Ford Focus so I can mount up some winter tires. I found a used set with tire pressure sensors for $190. What do I need to do to synchronize the new sensors to the car?

Thanks,
Curt

My 11 mustang uses one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322107842458

RubberCtyRauder
08-04-2016, 08:17 AM
if its like most, the sensors for each set of tires will have to be calibrated each season as the computer only recognizes one set at a time. I learned to live to live with the dash light with strategically placed electrical tape til spring.

I'm pretty sure you can not have two sets calibrated to one car at the same time.

crouse
08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
My 11 mustang uses one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322107842458

How does it work?

crouse
08-04-2016, 08:43 AM
if its like most, the sensors for each set of tires will have to be calibrated each season as the computer only recognizes one set at a time. I learned to live to live with the dash light with strategically placed electrical tape til spring.

I'm pretty sure you can not have two sets calibrated to one car at the same time.

Since my daughter will be driving it, I'd like her to see if a tire is low.

Turbov6Bryan
08-04-2016, 08:58 AM
How does it work?

On my 5.0 11 moostang. You buy 4 more sensors like you want to and install them onto second set of rims park the car away from the summer/ original wheels
Push the button and you calibrate the new winter set to the car

I was able to buy new tpms sensors off eBay for 65.00. Mine are not band style that wrap around the rim. Not sure on yours

190.00 seems extremely high

RubberCtyRauder
08-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Since my daughter will be driving it, I'd like her to see if a tire is low.

Yes, I understand..just letting you know you have to recalibrate each set at each season..

crouse
08-04-2016, 09:07 AM
On my 5.0 11 moostang. You buy 4 more sensors like you want to and install them onto second set of rims park the car away from the summer/ original wheels
Push the button and you calibrate the new winter set to the car

I was able to buy new tpms sensors off eBay for 65.00. Mine are not band style that wrap around the rim. Not sure on yours

190.00 seems extremely high

It's the wheels with tire pressure sensors for $190.00 total.

Thanks for the info on the calibrator. I'll for sure pick one up if I get these wheels.

EMAS
08-04-2016, 11:45 AM
Yup TPMS-19 is what you want. You'll have to look up the exact directions for that model to find how to put the car in learn mode. On my older Fords it is on-off-on-off-on step on the brake pedal off-on-off-on-off-on. You then see train LF tire. Place the tool near the sensor, either at the stem for stem mount or 180 degrees away for band mount and push and hold the button until the horn honks. Then work your way around the car.