PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Parts Numbers

bob35222
05-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Hello All,

Last week Sunday a 2004 Cavalier rear-ended my Marauder on the freeway. I visited with the insurance adjuster today. My company will pay for the repairs as, apparently, the other driver did not have insurance.

Since there are some folks here who seem to have great access and knowledge regarding part numbers I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I want to be sure I get Marauder parts.

Also, if I have the car repaired here in Birmingham, Al, anybody know a truly reputable body shop? I have heard Long-Lewis Ford is alright in that department.

In particular the right side exhaust needs to be replaced from in front of the rear axle (is that the cat or the muffler?) back to the tip. Any help deeply appreciated. If I figure out how, I'll put up a picture of the accident, it was pretty weird. I drove away but the Cavalier was pretty trashed.

Now my wife is convinced the Marauder is the greatest car in the world as I had her, her son, mom and sister all in the car and despite a good lick nobody was hurt a bit in the MM.

Thanks, Bob

Black Terror
05-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Muffler to tip RH - 3W3Z-5230-BA
Muffler to tip LH - 3W3Z-5230-BB

bob35222
05-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Bill, Thanks.

Donny Carlson
05-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello All,

Last week Sunday a 2004 Cavalier rear-ended my Marauder on the freeway. I visited with the insurance adjuster today. My company will pay for the repairs as, apparently, the other driver did not have insurance.

Since there are some folks here who seem to have great access and knowledge regarding part numbers I'm wondering if someone can help me out. I want to be sure I get Marauder parts.

Also, if I have the car repaired here in Birmingham, Al, anybody know a truly reputable body shop? I have heard Long-Lewis Ford is alright in that department.

In particular the right side exhaust needs to be replaced from in front of the rear axle (is that the cat or the muffler?) back to the tip. Any help deeply appreciated. If I figure out how, I'll put up a picture of the accident, it was pretty weird. I drove away but the Cavalier was pretty trashed.

Now my wife is convinced the Marauder is the greatest car in the world as I had her, her son, mom and sister all in the car and despite a good lick nobody was hurt a bit in the MM.

Thanks, Bob
Wow, Bob, sorry to hear about the accident.

If your car is drivable, I would take it to Team Collision in Marietta. I am so high on Team, I would have my car sent over on a flat bed hauler if it were not dirvable. No dealer in Birmingham is ever going to touch my car again. Team also has a Enterprise car rental, and I'm pretty sure Todd would be willing to help you out and introduce you to some great folks. It would also be a good excuse to meet Scott, Jason, Jeff, and Aric, who are some of the finest Marauder techs in the south.

In addition, Grand Muffler could go ahead an put in Magnaflows instead of OEM's (Team sends cars over there for the welding and finishing).

PM me or Todd for more info, if interested.