PDA

View Full Version : Never enough power - Go Ford!

Lowndex
08-09-2016, 10:58 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/ford-next-mustang-shelby-gt500-195932013.html

RF Overlord
08-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Swell...now even MORE Mustangs will be crashed leaving Cars and Coffees... :shake:

lji372
08-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Swell...now even MORE Mustangs will be crashed leaving Cars and Coffees... :shake:

^^^^^^^^true story

as the story goes, if you build it they will buy it...............

Mr. Man
08-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Next gen Hellcat is rumored to be over 750hp so I'd imagine since the cat is out of the bag the Dodge boys will see if they can squeak a few more HP's extra from the Hellcat. Shouldn't be to had given the larger displacement. Be seeing a 1000hp for about 100K soon.

blkZooM
08-09-2016, 08:55 PM
Next gen Hellcat is rumored to be over 750hp so I'd imagine since the cat is out of the bag the Dodge boys will see if they can squeak a few more HP's extra from the Hellcat. Shouldn't be to had given the larger displacement. Be seeing a 1000hp for about 100K soon.

I honestly think that is the hellcat's true output, going off of the dynos numbers that thing makes well over the 707 the rated it at I highly doubt they did anything special. I remember reading that they were able to make close to 800 hp but had to tone it done due to emission. And with time those cars are running and reported power those cars are making with simple pulley swaps and tune I believe it.

I honestly don't care the amount the next Gt500 makes it isn't behind a 4 door car so I am not interested in it.

Mr. Man
08-09-2016, 09:03 PM
I honestly think that is the hellcat's true output, going off of the dynos numbers that thing makes well over the 707 the rated it at I highly doubt they did anything special. I remember reading that they were able to make close to 800 hp but had to tone it done due to emission. And with time those cars are running and reported power those cars are making with simple pulley swaps and tune I believe it.

I honestly don't care the amount the next Gt500 makes it isn't behind a 4 door car so I am not interested in it.

I've also read Dodge is sandbagging the numbers on the Hellcat.

Real full size 4 door sedans are going the way of the dinosaur unless you have buku bucks for Mercedes etc. The drone commuters want their CUV's and auto manufacturers are obliging.

cat in the hat
08-10-2016, 05:13 AM
You never, ever see any of these things on the street so it doesn't even matter. They are an interesting curiosity for magazine covers, like Lamborghinis or Sports Illustrated bikini models - they are not of this world.

lji372
08-10-2016, 06:03 AM
You never, ever see any of these things on the street so it doesn't even matter. They are an interesting curiosity for magazine covers, like Lamborghinis or Sports Illustrated bikini models - they are not of this world.

never see what? don't say hellcat.

we see them all the time around these parts. what we don't see much of are high end imports. i guess the detroit area still bleeds big3 even though they've found greener pastures..........

justbob
08-10-2016, 06:05 AM

I do, and they are always babied.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

guspech750
08-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Hellcats are a dime a dozen here. Hell I see more Lamborghinis and other exotics than another Marauder. I just saw a Marauder locally for the first time in many months.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

cat in the hat
08-10-2016, 08:41 PM
I can't speak for Harrison Twp, MI and North Aurora, Il., but I can tell you this - around Philadelphia, Mustangs are a dime a dozen (it is probably the #1 "Girl Car" here) but you never see one on the street higher than a base GT 5.0, or see a Challenger higher than a base model R/T. And damn few of the R/T's, at that. I have seen very few SRT's - like one or two per year, and Hellcats are pretty much a myth. And I am on the street all the time.

For high-dollar cars I do see a lot of top-of-the-line Caddys, and a fair number of the small Bentley coupes. Of course, BMW is the Chevy of the Suburbs.