PDA

View Full Version : 2ND annual Eastern Regional @Cleveland

Hack Goby
05-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Berry you mentioned that the next one might be in New England,Well who ever going to take on the hosting duties will have a hard time topping this.Thank you and Jessica(and Gage) for being the ultimate hosts.You had every angle covered,and to everyone who showed up it`s great to place the names and faces together.I will be looking forward to more of the Buckeye events.Iwill post more pics on the gallery soon.

martyo
05-23-2004, 07:47 AM
Did you guys (and gals) get a track night in?

Who would have thought that Bob (RF Overlord) would look so good in shorts. The women must have been going wild!!!

Hack Goby
05-23-2004, 07:52 AM
Did you guys (and gals) get a track night in?

Who would have thought that Bob (RF Overlord) would look so good in shorts. The women must have been going wild!!!We were a half hour from going to the dragstrip when the rains hit.However the alternative was just as good(Whitey`s booze and burgers)

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2004, 08:14 AM
We had a blast, that's for sure!

Friday we toured the Rock Hall and and had lunch on a lake barge. After lunch we toured the WWII sub USS Cod. While in the sub, and preparing to exit, the tour guide on the deck looked in on us and said "stay in there!, something bad is coming!" He then promply shut the hatches and half of us were locked in.

Hmm, we walk to the aft and crawl up to the observatory and poke a head out the hatch....it was dark as night! One of those rogue thunderstorms came in off the lake and all hell was breaking loose! Heavy rain, strong winds, and yes, more hail. What a blast weathering a storm in a sub, and that thing got to rocking quite nicely. Some folks were hiding in the marauders, and poor Doc sought refuge under a small tent and got soaked.

Needless to say, it took the overall storm 40 minutes to subside, and in 2.5 hours the sun was out again. Unfortunately, all the tracks had closed, and Dragway42 had over a foot of water in lane two. No racing. So we went to a local bar and partied on.

Saturday was great weather, and great socializing. We ate, ate, ate...
I did inventory this morning, and was surprised to see we went though 35 burgers, 30 hot dogs, 8 lbs of beef tenderloin, 14 lbs of top sirloin steaks, 12 lbs of Black Grouper, and one pot each of beans and potatoes. There were a ton of deserts, I missed out on those, but saw lots of empty trays!

We killed a super rare bottle of aged Scotch Haggis brought. A bottle of vanilla Absolut, and from what I can gather, 70-80 beers. I have waaaay too much beer left! Someone come and help me finish it!!!

We traded mucho stories and examined cars. Took test drives, and laid burnouts!

Too much fun, can't wait for Indy, and can't wait for EAMM-III

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2004, 08:26 AM
I have requested a gallery section in the events section for the 2nd Annual Eastern Regional meet from Logan this morning.

Therefore hold those pics for just another short while, and let's get them into a catergory like we did with Hershey!

Thanks again in advance to Logan.:D

mpearce
05-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Barry and Jessica,

Thank you very much for the invitation...Heather and I enjoyed every minute. Putting all the faces with the "handles" was very interesting. We hope to see as many of you as possible in Indy...can't wait to meet everyone on the highway and cruise west in a big group! Talk to you all soon.

-Mat & Heather

mpearce
05-23-2004, 09:02 AM
P.S.

Haggis - Thanks for the ride in Kenny Brown #8!! I have awesome video from that ride...hope I can find a way to post a link to that video so others can enjoy! You now must bring real "Haggis" to every other get together we have. I enjoyed it! Talk to you soon.

-Mat & Heather

SergntMac
05-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Yes...We did all that, and a lot more than y'all are reporting on here...

One great weekend!

Thanks!

Zack
05-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Definitely a kisk ass time for all who attended.
As Ive said before to some, the reason this event was so good is because we left the hoods closed for 99% of the event and focused on BS and getting to know each other.
A perfect time indeed.

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Some pics showing up....!

HERE (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showgallery.php/cat/3022/password/)

mpearce
05-23-2004, 05:29 PM
----------

CRUZTAKER
05-23-2004, 07:37 PM
More comments...

We attended the 2nd Annual Eastern Regioinal Event this week end and what a great event it was. Everything was perfect except for the late Friday Afternoon Storm that wiped out the Drag Racing for Friday Evening. I want to Thank Barry for putting on such a enjoyable event, Jessica for all of the great dishes that she prepared, and Gage for letting me play in his Sand Box.
It was nice to match faces with names on the net. Looking forward to Marauderville II.

Later Dale

A big THANK YOU to Barry, Jessica, and Gage for a wonderful weekend. Gordon and I had a great time. It was great seeing you and all of our Marauder family.

It took us 5.5 hours to get home. That's better than the 9 hours to get to Cleveland on Thursday night after getting stuck on I-70 in Ohio for two + hours. We weren't moving due to an accident 4 miles ahead. The three guys in the pickup next to us asked "What kind of car is that?" SO ... we popped the hood and Gordon started telling them about the car. A few minutes later, the truck drivers were coming over to see what all was going on. Isn't it incredible all the attention the Marauder gets.

SixAppeal
05-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Like Mat said.. we had a fantastic time meeting everyone on Saturday. Barry and Jessica your home is beautiful, thanks so much for everything!!! Can't wait for Maruaderville. Mack thanks for the keys.. you rule

Heather

Ladyhawke
05-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Like Mat said.. we had a fantastic time meeting everyone on Saturday. Barry and Jessica your home is beautiful, thanks so much for everything!!! Can't wait for Maruaderville. Mack thanks for the keys.. you rule

Heather

Hey Heather! Welcome to the site! Gordon and I enjoyed talking with you and Mat on Saturday. Look forward to seeing you guys in Indy!

Have you seen Mat's video yet?

Ken
05-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Diane and I met a great group of friends this weekend. We enjoyed the camaraderie, along with the good food, cold beer, fast cars, etc... :beer: Thanks to all involved, especially Barry and Jessica for all the work and planning, not to mention the re-work and cleanup after all the storms that kicked up last week. You were excellent hosts. Thanks for the invitation. Hoping we get to see everyone again soon.

Ken

Bigdogjim
05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
I am now certain that these local meets add the "special" touch to the Marauder.

Marauder are machines, it's the people behind the wheel that add the missing dimension:)

Never miss a chance to attend:):):)

Haggis
05-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I am now certain that these local meets add the "special" touch to the Marauder.

Marauder are machines, it's the people behind the wheel that add the missing dimension:)

Never miss a chance to attend:):):)

Amen Jim. It is always good to meet old friends and make new ones.

This past weekend was a big success due to the hospitiality of Barry and Jessica. They were kind enough to open their house and pool for us on Saturday and treated everyone there as family. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it to go around, I was still stuffed the next morning.

To Dale & Nellie and Mark & Mike, Chris and I were sorry that we did not get to say goodbye to, you must have left while we were giving test drives in KB#8.

Thanks for finally letting me drive your car Mac and I swear I do not know where the mud came from.

For those that did not make it you missed one h*ll of a good time!!

MarauderMark
05-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Sure wished i coulda came.... :bigcry: i like to have fun too.. :)

MM03MOK
05-24-2004, 03:00 PM
I'm glad everyone made it home safe! It was a pleasure catching up with longtime (1 yr. - seems like forever!) friends and meeting new ones. I can't believe it's been 7 months since Hershey!

Barry and Jessy - you outdid yourselves. Gage is a treasure! I truly appreciate all your efforts. Nothing was left undone. The pool was a blast. The food just kept coming!! You've certainly raised the bar for future Meets!!

Thank you one and all for making such great memories! Oh, and Patches? Thanks for the rides!! Almost makes up for a wet dragstrip.

the fat bastid
05-24-2004, 03:14 PM
wow, it was a hell of time and one of the best days i've ever had.
i could go on and on about how generous and nice everyone is but i'll sum
it up with a quote from my friend luke(doc).

"damn, these guys know how to party!"

damn right.

(i wish i had some of those steaks right about now... :up: )

CRUZTAKER
05-24-2004, 03:25 PM
....Thanks for finally letting me drive your car Mac and I swear I do not know where the mud came from.

Ahhh, cat's out of the bag now!:rolleyes:
Mac had asked to use the power wash, I saw all that mud and didn't think twice about it.

Yesterday I walked the main drive down to the street and a turf mark at the edge of the gravel and into the myrtle border about half way down the drive caught my eye...mmm, someone got a little off the beaten path whilst backing up and got a foot or so into the myrtle bed before correcting and moving over.

The mud, well, that's from the leach bed (septic) overflow from all the rain we got. Someone drove in shat!:P

SergntMac
05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Who's fault is all of this? Who can we blame for all this mayhem? Let us all take a hard look at this event, eh? Someone is responsible!

Thank you and Jessica (and Gage) for being the ultimate hosts. You had every angle covered, and to everyone who showed up it`s great to place the names and faces together. I will be looking forward to more of the Buckeye events. I will post more pics on the gallery soon.
Photographic evidence is best, Hack, I love real proof!

I did inventory this morning, and was surprised to see we went though 35 burgers, 30 hot dogs, 8 lbs of beef tenderloin, 14 lbs of top sirloin steaks, 12 lbs of Black Grouper, and one pot each of beans and potatoes. There were a ton of deserts, I saw lots of empty trays! We killed a super rare bottle of aged Scotch Haggis brought. A bottle of vanilla Absolut, and from what I can gather, 70-80 beers.
And we ate most of that with our hands!

My apologies, Barry, I thought I was keeping up my end. Next time, bud, I'll ease up on the beverages and eat a few more cheeseburgers, K?

Haggis - Thanks for the ride in Kenny Brown #8!! I have awesome video from that ride...hope I can find a way to post a link to that video so others can enjoy! You now must bring real "haggis" to every get together we have. I enjoyed it! Talk to you soon.-Mat & Heather
Oh, yeah? What about your drive in the #1x, Mat? LOL!

As I've said before, the reason this event was so good is because we left the hoods closed for 99% of the event and focused on getting to know each other. A perfect time indeed.
Yes...I've heard you say this...Over, and over, and over, on the ride home...I got it, Zack, K? LOL...

Like Mat said.. we had a fantastic time meeting everyone on Saturday. Barry and Jessica your home is beautiful, thanks so much for everything! Can't wait for Maruaderville. Mack thanks for the keys.. you rule! Heather
Ahhem...Y'all...

Y'all need to pay some attention here. Check this Lady's MM.Net screen name, and her sig as well. This lovely Lady is attached to Mat..."MPearce," and she drives an 11 second drag car, and flys airplanes! (I think maybe jets too, but I was on my third scotch...) Licensed to teach too! Welcome, Six Appeal! (Mat, you are one lucky dude!)

I am now certain that these local meets add the "special touch" to the Marauder.

Marauders are machines, it's the people behind the wheel that add the missing dimension. Never miss a chance to attend.
No...Never.
Never.
Never.
Never.

Amen, Jim. It is always good to meet old friends and make new ones. This past weekend was a big success due to the hospitiality of Barry and Jessica. They were kind enough to open their house and pool for us on Saturday and treated everyone as family. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it to go around, I was still stuffed the next morning. Dale & Nellie, and Mark & Mike, Chris and I are sorry that we did not get to say goodbye, you must have left while we were giving test drives in KB#8. Thanks for finally letting me drive your car Mac and I swear I do not know where the mud came from. For those that did not make it you missed one hell of a good time!
Yes, y'all missed one hell of of time. Don't sweat the mud, Gordon, it was gone before I left Barry's. Ummm...Maybe...Someone "landed" off center?

I'm glad everyone made it home safe! It was a pleasure catching up with longtime (1 yr. seems like forever!) friends and meeting new ones. I can't believe it's been 7 months since Hershey! Barry and Jessie - you outdid yourselves! Gage is a treasure! I truly appreciate all your efforts. Nothing was left undone. The pool was a blast! The food just kept coming!! You've certainly raised the bar for future Meets! Thank you one and all for making such great memories!
I hear you, Mary. This is the meet to beat.

Just when I was feeling like it was time to backpedal out of here a bit, I went on to this meet anyway, only to find myself refreshed in what being a Marauder owner is all about, and why.

I cannot steal quotes from those who did not post in this thread, but there are many who were present, who have not checked in here, not to mention who did not come visit with us.

To y'all, I ask to you to please post, or, promise to come back, or, come next time? We want you here among us, friend?

This was one hell of a weekend, no contest. I'm praying that MV-II will be half as entertaining, and for us...

All.

SergntMac
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Ahhh, cat's out of the bag now! The mud, well, that's from the leach bed (septic) overflow from all the rain we got. Someone drove in...
No *****...Dayum!

Jessica
05-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Thanx to everyone who came, honestly I was a little scared to be a co-host for this event, but it was successful thanks to everyone who came. It was really nice to sit down and BS with family. Can't wait to do it again.

jgc61sr2002
05-24-2004, 07:21 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it . :cry: Glad you had a wonderful time. :beer:

MM03MOK
05-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Just finished uploading 50 of my 182 pictures into our Gallery album. Enjoy!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/99.gif

I'd be glad to email anyone pictures (without the watermark.)

CRUZTAKER
05-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Those are some great pics!!! Thanks Hack, Bunny, and Ladyhawke.:rock:

More, more!!!