PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ford Fusion?

johnnyrauder
10-12-2016, 01:44 PM
i need to replace my DD looked at this 09 fusion a friend of a friends. its got 95k mi.its a SEL..a little dirty, but the caefax looks good. he wants 5k. anyone ever own one? ty

mongoosebynight
10-12-2016, 02:34 PM
That doesn't sound like a horrible price if it doesn't need tires or anything else. I have driven scores of Fusions in that body style in various stages of their lives. Any time one has not passed our inspection was do to transmission problems...some with as little as 100K miles regardless of it having a 4 or 6 cyl. Every car has a weakness(es). The transmission is the Fusions biggest. Stress the trans a little without pi**ing off the guy.

larryo340
10-12-2016, 02:54 PM
I manage a large taxi fleet and we have a lot of Fusions '06-'14's and we normally don't see transmission problems before 175k and up. issues become more common 200k and up, but remember these get hard use as a taxi with some double shifted running 24-7. We see the weakest part of them is the suspension...again vehicles driven hard and always loaded with people.

In fact I recommend it to a friend of mine out in Arizona who was having a lot of problems with his Altima to check out the Fusion....he ended up buying a new 2011 and loved it, so much that he just traded it in for a new 2017 Fusion which he feels is better than the older body style.

I would not hesitate to buy one to use as a daily driver especially for the price and reliability that you should see.

johnnyrauder
10-12-2016, 03:16 PM
ahh very good info ty

SpartaPerformance
10-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Fusions, all generations are very reliable. I do not like the 3.0L only for the fact they do have concern where the PCM and coils at the same time making for a very expensive repair.

johnnyrauder
10-12-2016, 09:18 PM
yea i just looked that up,having never heard of it. it looks like plenty of trouble. thats something to think about.