PDA

View Full Version : Little Caesars is really cheaping out..

justbob
10-15-2016, 07:33 AM
So a couple of years ago they quit giving out Parmesan cheese and I was not only shocked but kind of like WTF??

I used to eat there a couple of times a week for a quick lunch (I'm a sucker for their pepperoni) but that has probably tailored off to once a month any more out of protest and well because Parmesan, or lack thereof.

Enter yesterday, now no more ****ing crushed peppers? **** you! This has just went from unsatisfying to insulting!

They sell PIZZA! Every American uses Parmesan, peppers, or BOTH! We don't downsize, we upgrade everything! Would McDonalds even think about removing the ketchup for their patrons fries? I. Don't. Think. So..

So is this a corporate stunt? Shame on them. They should have raised the price..

Is this some high up executive's idea? Is he honestly still employed?

Is this just certain franchises? Why aren't they being monitored by someone? Is he/she still employed?

I just sent them a long winded email of how I truly feel and can't wait for their typical response of coupons and sorries just like any other business.. I can't be bought, until I hear the toppings are back, I'm done.

For those who ask why even eat their nasty pizza. Think quick lunch, readily available, and the price. DUH

I'll agree they really need an increase in price because they are probably the only one in two decades to not raise their prices. But don't take away the freebies! Charge more if need be, I seriously don't give a rats ass. Because if I'm not taking it straight home that means I'm eating the thing in my work van and I simply want the extras!

End rant.

Oh and what's the best oil to use on pizzas with no [emoji892]? [emoji6]

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Zack
10-15-2016, 08:04 AM
Little Ceasars is the equivalent of buying marauder parts from Reinhart.

RubberCtyRauder
10-15-2016, 08:12 AM

It gives you the Reinsharts?:D:eek:

Haggis
10-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Little Ceasars, really you eat that $h1t!!!!!

sailsmen
10-15-2016, 10:11 AM
It could be anyone of a number of things, customers are not using them, cost, etc.
I would ask them for it and who knows they may just provide it?

I know enough about the restaurant business to know that I want to stay far away from it.

You have to take a variable and make it into a constant.

And yes many restaurants shoot themselves in the foot. A bakery recently opened and their number one seller they changed the recipe. They are now out of business, probably have no idea why. A cafe changed the recipe on 2 of their signature items and they now have a fraction of the customers, also probably have no idea.

In both cases it was not due to an increase in the cost of ingredients, but resulted in a slight reduction in their labor costs.

Here come the robots.

Mr. Man
10-15-2016, 10:40 AM
I've had pizza from out your way.:puke: Unless you live in Chicago your better off sticking with the Waffle House Bob.:D

Joe Walsh
10-15-2016, 11:19 AM

LOL.....

Both of which leave you feeling sick with a sore butt the next day!

RF Overlord
10-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Never had Little Caesars...none near me. Papa John's sucks eggs. Papa Gino's food is good, but lousy help in the stores. Pizza Hut was the best, but they closed all the ones near me, so now I buy mom & pop...

Mr. Man
10-15-2016, 03:26 PM
Never had Little Caesars...none near me. Papa John's sucks eggs. Papa Gino's food is good, but lousy help in the stores. Pizza Hut was the best, but they closed all the ones near me, so now I buy mom & pop...
Pizza Hut? Seriously Baub? Remind me to bring you a can of Alpo next Carlisle.:P ;)

djcrook73
10-16-2016, 11:31 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/9eadb8bb0b20a7789c31991e3721c2 1a.jpg if it doesn't have both or either available it just ain't right. I sometimes do papa Gino's and would be pissed if they stopped supplying the parmesan and crushed peppers. so yeah bob f*¢k them !

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

RF Overlord
10-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Pizza Hut? Seriously Baub? Remind me to bring you a can of Alpo next Carlisle.:P ;)Hey...don't diss the Hut, man.

Mr. Man
10-16-2016, 01:19 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/9eadb8bb0b20a7789c31991e3721c2 1a.jpg if it doesn't have both or either available it just ain't right. I sometimes do papa Gino's and would be pissed if they stopped supplying the parmesan and crushed peppers. so yeah bob f*¢k them !

That looks like supermarket frozen pizza ^^:banned:

djcrook73
10-16-2016, 01:26 PM
That looks like supermarket frozen pizza ^^:banned:
ha ha it's local but It looks like it ! It's minus sauce with cheese, garlic and olive oil. I almost wouldn't eat it when my girl brought it home until I tried it. Actually pretty decent.

larryo340
10-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Here on Long Island I think even the worst pizzeria pizza is better than any fast food pizza. That stuff is only good for when it's late, you're drunk, and all the real pizzerias are closed :shake:

RF Overlord
10-16-2016, 01:55 PM
So which is better: New York pizza or Chicago pizza?

Mr. Man
10-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Best pizza is found in NJ but it's NY style.

justbob
10-16-2016, 03:06 PM
Only two posts that weren't describing the quality of food, or the increase in toilet paper? You guys are missing the entire point of the thread here...

So let's start over but this time simplified.

What would your reaction be at any pizza establishment that when asked for Parmesan and peppers the answer was "we don't offer those anymore"?

Yes, even if paying extra, they simply do not carry the two things that ALL others offer for FREE.

That is the point of the thread.

sailsmen
10-16-2016, 05:31 PM
To buy pizza from someone else.

Mr. Man
10-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Only two posts that weren't describing the quality of food, or the increase in toilet paper? You guys are missing the entire point of the thread here...

What would your reaction be at any pizza establishment that when asked for Parmesan and peppers the answer was "we don't offer those anymore"?

Yes, even if paying extra, they simply do not carry the two things that ALL others offer for FREE.

Sent from my iThrone using TapatalkFirst off Bob Parmesan is for pasta.

Red pepper flakes? I can take them or leave them but as someone pointed out they probably don't move and take up space. In today's world where Tabasco is considered muy caliente' by most it doesn't surprise me it's not on the menu. Just throw a small bottle of flakes in the glove box and Bob's your uncle and leave the Parmesan for the lasagna.

Guittard22
10-17-2016, 03:02 AM
I want to say about seven years ago ownership change hands with the different CEO since that quality has just gone away down over the five dollar pizza that's been sitting in a warmer for health inspection wise can't sit in there more than two hours - I guess it's what we pay for :/

fastblackmerc
10-17-2016, 04:48 AM

Spend your lunch money elsewhere.

Haggis
10-17-2016, 06:03 AM

F that $h1t, garlic is where it is at. That is the only thing that should go on pizza.

And Fred, nothing beats Jersey pizza.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-17-2016, 06:05 AM
Find a Nancy's pizza. Problem solved.

guspech750
10-17-2016, 06:24 AM
Buy a pizza puff and STFU Bob.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Fastbob
10-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Best pizza I ever had was in Anderson, Indiana at Art's Pizza. Their "Around the World" pizza is fantastic. http://www.eatatarts.com/ Little Caesars? Meh!

1Marauder
10-17-2016, 07:49 AM
Gotta have the parm and chrushed red.

They no longer carry them becasue 2 packets of parm cost more than a slice of thier pizza. The crushed red are fairly cheap. These items both cube out before the weight out, so freight is expensive too -- thus they are a costly free-be.

Dont diss the hut is right--this is the best chain pizza here.

PIZZA NUTTi in florence italy... hands down best pizza ever.

JustRight
10-17-2016, 10:20 AM
All of the Pizza places around here have cheapened out and most have closed because of it. I guess we'll have to take a ride up to NY to get a good one now.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-17-2016, 10:46 AM
Ricobenes on the south side still my favorite Chicago street pizza. Ain't nobody got time for that poverty lil ceasar's.

RF Overlord
10-17-2016, 11:19 AM
First off Bob Parmesan is for pasta. Correct, and red pepper flakes are for spaghett'...

Comin' in Hot
10-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Everyone here is missing the point, i'ts not really about the best pizza, its about cutting corners, and it seems that Little Caesar's is doing everything in its ability to say a nickel. It's a shame that they would lose customers over something so trivial.

HammerDown
10-17-2016, 12:04 PM
F that $h1t, garlic is where it is at. That is the only thing that should go on pizza.

And Fred, nothing beats Jersey pizza.

and the ONLY one to get in Joisey is Mack's on Wildwood Boardwalk

HammerDown
10-17-2016, 12:13 PM

Okay, I got off topic a bit, too. But you are so right. Really, can it cost all that much to keep two items that customers like? Even if they have to increase pizza price a bit. CRAZY STUPID stuffs

Mr. Man
10-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Everyone here is missing the point, it's not really about the best pizza, its about cutting corners, and it seems that Little Caesar's is doing everything in its ability to save a nickel. It's a shame that they would lose customers over something so trivial.
I'm sure they did a cost/benefit analysis before they decided to axe the Parm and pepper. Remember when you used to get food on a plane and they didn't charge you for luggage? Remember when yogurt containers were 8oz not 6oz? Remember when ice cream containers were 64oz not 48oz. The ever shrinking packaging to keep cost the same and raise profits.

Little Caesars probably spent 100K on a study to see if saving the nickel would be in their best interest. Luckily Bob has choices where to spend his lunch money, or he can bring his own condiments.

a_d_a_m
10-17-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't use parm or pepper on my pizza.

And while LC's regular pizza is garbage, those deep dish rectangle things are F'n great.

junior
10-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Okay, I got off topic a bit, too. But you are so right. Really, can it cost all that much to keep two items that customers like? Even if they have to increase pizza price a bit. CRAZY STUPID stuffs

I can't believe you're griping about a $6 pizza. I pay closer to $20-30 bucks for a decent pizza and they supply all the parm and pepper you want. Time to get a different kind of pizza if the only thing you like about it is the freebies. I imagine you don't like hotels that have limited offerings of shampoo either.:violin:

Bluerauder
10-17-2016, 03:47 PM
What a bunch of pizza snobs here. I like all pizza. Some more than others; but I can enjoy them all ... With or without Parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers. For Mr. Man, I have noticed that the pepperonis are 1/16 inch less in diameter than they used to be. And the chopped green peppers seem smaller too .... I don't care.

justbob
10-17-2016, 04:00 PM
I can't believe you're griping about a $6 pizza. I pay closer to $20-30 bucks for a decent pizza and they supply all the parm and pepper you want. Time to get a different kind of pizza if the only thing you like about it is the freebies. I imagine you don't like hotels that have limited offerings of shampoo either.:violin:

You spend $20-30 for lunch everyday? I wouldn't bring their garbage home to eat as a family meal.. For that we have plenty of places that serve up quality stuff and for five of us try around $45.

I don't stay at cheap hotels except for Louisville. I'm more of a resort guy. [emoji6]

jerrym3
10-17-2016, 04:21 PM
and the ONLY one to get in Joisey is Mack's on Wildwood Boardwalk

If you ever get up to North Jersey, I've got a real good place to recommend in Bergen County.

And, it's owned and run by I-talians.

junior
10-17-2016, 04:33 PM
You spend $20-30 for lunch everyday? I wouldn't bring their garbage home to eat as a family meal.. For that we have plenty of places that serve up quality stuff and for five of us try around $45.

I don't stay at cheap hotels except for Louisville. I'm more of a resort guy. [emoji6]

No matter how hard I try, I can't come back with a good reply. First off I was talking about the price for a pizza only (not salad/sticks/drink). I take leftovers or a sack lunch everyday and don't have to feed a crowd. I like resorts too, but sometimes you have to go on the cheap. :D
How can I get a spot on your crew? :beer:

justbob
10-17-2016, 05:47 PM
No matter how hard I try, I can't come back with a good reply. First off I was talking about the price for a pizza only (not salad/sticks/drink). I take leftovers or a sack lunch everyday and don't have to feed a crowd. I like resorts too, but sometimes you have to go on the cheap. :D
How can I get a spot on your crew? :beer:

LOL

We normally order the super stadium from White Cottage. The $45 gets you a delicious 24x36 oval two topping. We normally come really close to killing it, so no need for the extras! [emoji1303]

You want no part of being in my crew. It's NEVER quiet around here!

Mr. Man
10-17-2016, 06:01 PM
What a bunch of pizza snobs here. I like all pizza. Some more than others; but I can enjoy them all ... With or without Parmesan cheese and crushed red peppers. For Mr. Man, I have noticed that the pepperonis are 1/16 inch less in diameter than they used to be. And the chopped green peppers seem smaller too .... I don't care.So like I said every 16 pepperonis down the line BANG a freebie for the company. Pizza is a slice of life, so of course it generates snobbishness. NY style, Chicago deep dish and one of my favs Sicilian, all great styles, but some parts of the country are just better at making pizza than others. Is good pizza made in Va.? Sporadically I'd bet at most. I know you are well traveled enough to know the difference between great pizza and 'at least I'm not hungry anymore' pizza. Bet you'd care if Marlboro's came in a 15 pack for the 20 pack price. :)

HammerDown
10-17-2016, 07:42 PM
If you ever get up to North Jersey, I've got a real good place to recommend in Bergen County.

okay, NOTED!!!

Haggis
10-18-2016, 01:06 PM

Is Jerry's in Ft. Lee still open, that is where I went when I was growing up?

jerrym3
10-18-2016, 04:14 PM
Is Jerry's in Ft. Lee still open, that is where I went when I was growing up?

I don't know. (I assume you knew Callahan's hot dogs in Ft Lee?)

When I roamed the streets in the late 50/60's, we would stop at a place called Lenny's (?) on Bergenline Ave, West New York for a slice. After drive in dates in the early 60's, my girlfriend and I would go to Pizza Town, Elmwood Park, on Rt 46 west. 35 cents for a slice of pizza. (Pizza Town is still there.)

I drove a 55 Ford convert with rope tied around the passenger side outside door handle and the rear window handle on the inside so the door wouldn't fly open when I hit a bump. Body shop couldn't fix it. Frame damage.

Those were the good old days when I could eat a slice of pizza at 11:30 PM without gulping Pepto before going to bed.

Hamburgers? White Manna, Tonnelle Ave, Jersey City or Rutt's Hut, Clifton. Big milkshake? Try an Awful Awful at Bonds. (Drink three, and the third was free.)

When mom, dad, and I would go out for our big sit down dinners (pizza) with other family members, we'd go to Tedesco's also on Bergenline Ave.

Hanging around with the guys to talk cars? Shirley's Diner, West New York.

Ah, the good old days.

Bluerauder
10-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Ha, Ha, Ha ... New Jersey. Please post NJ Turnpike exit numbers for reference points.

Bluerauder
10-19-2016, 11:22 AM
So a couple of years ago they quit giving out Parmesan cheese and I was not only shocked but kind of like WTF??

Just for the heck of it, I checked out the price of Parmesan cheese at our local food store. It is $17.99 per pound in block form. I am sure that the grated version must be 25% more at least. At that price, you might as well ask for Lump Crabmeat or Lobster on your Pizza. Cost saving measure pure and simple .... Would you pay $3.00 extra for your 2 ounce Parmesan fix ??

junior
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
^^^ More like $.10 per packet. Funny how it's listed in grams.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Parmesan-Packets-Restaurant-refrigeration/dp/B00KGLRZUG

Bluerauder
10-19-2016, 12:24 PM
^^^ More like $.10 per packet. Funny how it's listed in grams.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Parmesan-Packets-Restaurant-refrigeration/dp/B00KGLRZUG

Must be the artificial stuff ... And do the math again. It's 34 cents for 3.5 grams (200 packets for $67.21). There are 453.6 grams in a pound. So, a pound gets you 129 packets. At 34 cents per packet, it works out to $33.86 per pound. Even worse than the block cheese. Math is your friend.

Haggis
10-19-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't know. (I assume you knew Callahan's hot dogs in Ft Lee?)

Callahan's was the best, hot dogs and YooHoo. We went there all the time, weekends, skipped school and anytime in between.

Charlie: No turnpike exit, last exit before toll both for GW Bridge.

junior
10-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Must be the artificial stuff ... And do the math again. It's 34 cents for 3.5 grams (200 packets for $67.21). There are 453.6 grams in a pound. So, a pound gets you 129 packets. At 34 cents per packet, it works out to $33.86 per pound. Even worse than the block cheese. Math is your friend.

Maybe you should read the website better! It's $19.21 shipped for 200 packets and it is real cheese. Reading comprehension is your friend. :flamer:

Bluerauder
10-19-2016, 12:44 PM

Exit 18E/18W. :)

Bluerauder
10-19-2016, 12:48 PM
Maybe you should read the website better! It's $19.21 shipped for 200 packets and it is real cheese. Reading comprehension is your friend. :flamer:

Point taken ... I misread the price when bundled with the extra virgin olive oil. Still works out to nearly $10.00 per pound in the packets.

Mr. Man
10-19-2016, 01:22 PM
You guys are talking about different qualities of Parm. Block cheese that makes it to market to be cut up by the monger is totally different than the cheese that will be used for mass consumption. Hence the big swing in prices.

Mr. Man
10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Exit 18E/18W. :)The Turnpike just ends a bit North of the tunnel exit and continues on as free I-95. I think Barney is talking about the Fort Lee exit which as I understand it has been closed by the Governor.:rolleyes:

jerrym3
10-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Callahan's was the best, hot dogs and YooHoo. We went there all the time, weekends, skipped school and anytime in between.

I used to take my maroon Harley to Callahan's and park it right in front of the outdoor take out counter. My cousin and I went partners on the bike, $150 each.

But, those were the days before electric starters (and required helmets). So, when I'd get ready to go, and some of the customers would gather round to see my bike (a real piece of junk), I'd get real nervous that 1) it wouldn't start, and/or 2) I wouldn't get one of those "kickbacks" from the kick starter.

Thankfully, I usually lucked out.

One day, I had the air filter cover off. A friend of mine was sitting behind me. I kicked it, she backfired, and almost lit up his jeans.

What school? I went to Memorial, West New York, and Anna L Klein, Guttenberg (grammar school).

Haggis
10-19-2016, 06:12 PM
I used to take my maroon Harley to Callahan's and park it right in front of the outdoor take out counter. My cousin and I went partners on the bike, $150 each.

But, those were the days before electric starters (and required helmets). So, when I'd get ready to go, and some of the customers would gather round to see my bike (a real piece of junk), I'd get real nervous that 1) it wouldn't start, and/or 2) I wouldn't get one of those "kickbacks" from the kick starter.

Thankfully, I usually lucked out.

One day, I had the air filter cover off. A friend of mine was sitting behind me. I kicked it, she backfired, and almost lit up his jeans.

What school? I went to Memorial, West New York, and Anna L Klein, Guttenberg (grammar school).

I probably saw you there. I was one of the young punks that went there without their parents. I went to Leonia High.

Christie is a horse's butthole and Chally no exit number you had to live there to understand.