PDA

View Full Version : Panther Interceptor badge

RAMRAUD81
10-18-2016, 01:14 PM
I'm sure its a longshot as the one thread I saw was very old. But does anyone know if you can still get the panther interceptor badge?

RF Overlord
10-18-2016, 01:20 PM
I think most people were ridiculed for that so no one will admit to it...

fastblackmerc
10-18-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm sure its a longshot as the one thread I saw was very old. But does anyone know if you can still get the panther interceptor badge?

You mean "Police Interceptor"?

Why would you put one on a Marauder?

The Marauder is neither.

RF Overlord
10-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Jim, there was a Panther Interceptor badge at one time...not really any less wack.

Chayton
10-18-2016, 01:43 PM
You mean "Police Interceptor"?

Why would you put one on a Marauder?

The Marauder is neither.

He means panther interceptor

fastblackmerc
10-18-2016, 02:31 PM
Jim, there was a Panther Interceptor badge at one time...not really any less wack.

He means panther interceptor

OK so even a "Panther Interceptor"..... The Marauder isn't an interceptor vehicle so why down grade your Marauder.... it's better than an "interceptor"........

03Merc
10-18-2016, 02:32 PM
I had the panther interceptor badge on My old Marquis. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
10-18-2016, 02:36 PM
I had the panther interceptor badge on My old Marquis. Haha

Did you have "Cobra" & "SVT" badges also?

Port holes???? :eek: Landau irons????? :eek: Coach lamps????? :eek:

:neener:

Bad_S55
10-18-2016, 03:17 PM

Don't go making fun of landau tops!

CoreyM75
10-18-2016, 03:54 PM

Don't make fun of portholes. They add horsepower, lots of horsepower or they did on Duesenbergs and Cords.

03Merc
10-18-2016, 03:57 PM

SVT badge after I got rid of the Panther one. Seriously. Haha

loud2004marquis
10-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Weren't there some Marauders assigned to Florida highway patrol that had superchargers or tuning on them from rheinhart? Sounds interceptor-ish....

RF Overlord
10-18-2016, 05:27 PM
AFAIK none of them had superchargers, but yeah I guess the FHP cars would be only ones acceptable to wear a Police Interceptor badge.

Shornaday
10-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Tom Doan had some made up back in 2004-2005, however he was gone a lot with his work so he gave them to Wes Chain to sell. They were made in the same material as Zack's gods head badges. I have attached a picture of one that I saw some time ago. I was interested in getting one just for fun. So I did a little research and that is how I know about Tom and Wes. Here is a quote from Tom back in 2003. They were being sold for $9.95 and Wes still had some up to 2006.

:coolman: No, It's just a silly tag I had made up for 1200.00 to stick on the back of your MM to look cool and to get waved through the drag net that's at the NC-VA boarder. Works too, I gave them to Wes to sell when I had to go to China for months, but you know all about that from reading "The Shanghai Blab" letters in the lounge section here. Tom :coolman:

akr619
10-18-2016, 08:21 PM
its on ebay, highly advise against it.

RubberCtyRauder
10-18-2016, 09:03 PM
Just say "No"...leave it as a Marauder all by itself

Shornaday
10-19-2016, 05:02 AM
its on ebay, highly advise against it.

Did a search on EBAY, not there, however the "Police Interceptor" is.

I just wanted to get one for the novelty of it, but probably would not put it on the MM. Would go with all of the other memorabilia that I have. Much of which was created by personnel on this forum. Just as the "Panther Interceptor" badge was. I would think that unless a member on this forum has one to sell they would not be available as Tom Doan was the one that had them made up.

I would still like to get hold of some of the items that Wes Chain had made up. Like the following;

Marble Paperweight - I have the Black and the Clear, Sold for $20 each
Locking Gods Head Valve Caps - I have, Sold for ????
Marauder Ink Pens - I do not Have, Sold for ????
Marauder note pads - I do not have, Sold for ????
Shot Glasses - I don't have, Sold for $7
Stemless wine glasses - I do not have, Set of 4 sold for $50 or 1 for $15
Huge Glass Mugs - I do not have, Sold for $30

Plus anymore that I do not have.

Same goes for other items that other members have made. Makes a nice collection. However, because they are "RARE" (God I am increasingly hating that word) prices seem to dramatically increase. Ah well you see why I was wanting one.

Some other items I have are:
Mercury Marauder zippo lighter
Frontline magazine May/June 2002 Introducing the Marauder.
Marauder Travel Mug
Marauder Hat that you could get along with the jacket.
Of Course the MM leather Jacket.
Many magazines that had MM advertisements in them + a number of Articles that were torn from magazines.
Of course the other MM Hats that were made by someone,
All of the Greenlight MM die cast models.
And on and on and on. I need to inventory the stuff I have so I know what I have.. .

Shornaday
10-19-2016, 05:19 AM
Some other pics of items I have, plus many more. OK I will quit for now:

Spectragod
10-19-2016, 05:41 AM
OK so even a "Panther Interceptor"..... The Marauder isn't an interceptor vehicle so why down grade your Marauder.... it's better than an "interceptor"........

No worse an idea than those crappy watch's you passed off on member's.

I took a picture of your junker next to a nice piece of jewelry.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=72&pictureid=1065

So really, it's someone else's car, if they want to put a emblem on it, why degrade them?

RAMRAUD81
10-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Thanks to the people who replied with useful info about these badges. I assure you I don't slap BS on my vehicles I just thought the badge was cool wasn't even sure if id put it on the car.

Shornaday
10-19-2016, 07:00 AM
Thanks to the people who replied with useful info about these badges. I assure you I don't slap BS on my vehicles I just thought the badge was cool wasn't even sure if id put it on the car.

I was amazed that someone else was looking for the same thing that I was for what ever reasons.

Don't worry we all have our own taste when applied to the Marauder. I like to keep them mostly stock with the possibility of some performance modifications.

Others like them with pink interiors, 26 inch rims, lowered, with stripes, darkened rims, windows almost blacked out, as drag cars with roll cages, superchargers sticking thru the hood and so on. When I look at a limited production vehicle I really hate to see them turned into something else. "MY OPINION" and each to their own.

Ms. Denmark
10-19-2016, 08:06 AM
^^PM sent...

fastblackmerc
10-19-2016, 08:34 AM

So really, it's someone else's car, if they want to put a emblem on it, why degrade them?

I assume no one thought the watch would be Rolex quality, as it was not represented as such.

BTW... I have a few left if anyone is interested.

tbone
10-19-2016, 11:40 AM
I had it on mine for a while. Whatever. Who cares?

vkirkend
10-19-2016, 12:37 PM
I have one on my Black Marauder. And it's because I wanted one......

fastblackmerc
11-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Thanks for mentioning the watch... sold 2.... :D:

Spectragod
11-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Thanks for mentioning the watch... sold 2.... :D:

No shortage of Hillary supporters with low expectations, they won't be disappointed with that watch.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

CoreyM75
11-02-2016, 05:47 PM
I'd buy one of the Panther Interceptor badges for my tool cart. I've got a decent collection of Ford emblems from the last 25 years so it would fit in with those.

chief455
11-08-2016, 05:15 PM
No shortage of Hillary supporters with low expectations, they won't be disappointed with that watch.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

:banana::rolleyes:......