PDA

View Full Version : Oasis request

kirk
10-30-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm looking at buying a car. Would someone be interested in running a couple of Oasis reports for me?

1FTCR10U1NUB78558

Thanks

Mr. Man
10-30-2016, 01:05 PM
I bite, whatcha thinking about buying?

kirk
10-30-2016, 01:26 PM
I bite, whatcha thinking about buying?

The first one is a 2005 Montego Premier with 128k, in stunning condition.
The other is a 1992 Ranger XLT standard cab long bed with cap. It has 77k.
Both of these are on the same lot.
Just started looking, but I really like this Montego.

Mr. Man
10-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Is the Montago the equivalent of the Ford 500? I assume you are looking for a DD.

kirk
10-30-2016, 02:57 PM
Is the Montago the equivalent of the Ford 500? I assume you are looking for a DD.

Yes on both counts.

Spectragod
10-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Last time 1MEFM42115G611955 was at the dealer was may 2011, for a dash light issue. That was at 48845 miles.

Last time 1FTCR10U1NUB78558 was December of 1992 with 5603 miles

kirk
10-31-2016, 05:05 AM
Last time 1MEFM42115G611955 was at the dealer was may 2011, for a dash light issue. That was at 48845 miles.

Last time 1FTCR10U1NUB78558 was December of 1992 with 5603 miles

Well, that's something.

Thanks

Spectragod
10-31-2016, 06:47 AM
Well, that's something.

Thanks

There's not a lot there, were you looking for something specific? OASIS is not like a car fax.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

kirk
10-31-2016, 08:07 AM
There's not a lot there, were you looking for something specific? OASIS is not like a car fax.

Reports I've gotten in the past included where it was sold, when it was sold, any work done by Ford, etc.

Spectragod
10-31-2016, 08:12 AM
Reports I've gotten in the past included where it was sold, when it was sold, any work done by Ford, etc.

That is in there for the most part, on the newer cars, OASIS on goes back so far. I couldn't even get a build sheet for the 92, and 2005 is pushing it as it is 12 model years behind. I can save all of it to a document, but I'd have to email it, as they are general to large to post or PM.

kirk
10-31-2016, 08:27 AM
That is in there for the most part, on the newer cars, OASIS on goes back so far. I couldn't even get a build sheet for the 92, and 2005 is pushing it as it is 12 model years behind. I can save all of it to a document, but I'd have to email it, as they are general to large to post or PM.

If you could email the info on the 2005 that would be great (SuperMarauder@yahoo.com). I know the 1992 was a stretch, and I'm probably not going there anyway. I really like this Merc and will be going to look at it closely today.

Thanks

kirk
11-01-2016, 07:50 PM
I bought the Montego Premier.

Everything works. Black car with black leather. Nice match for the 2003 Marauder.

A little time and few miles need to pass before I know whether I REALLY like it as much as I think I do.

Sully008
11-02-2016, 06:31 AM
I bought the Montego Premier.

Everything works. Black car with black leather. Nice match for the 2003 Marauder.

A little time and few miles need to pass before I know whether I REALLY like it as much as I think I do.

The Montego is a nice car. My parents bought an '06 Montego 2 years ago. Watch out for the infamous A/C problem where it won't blow cold anymore. Most shops will want to replace the A/C compressor, but the problem lies in a $30 valve within the compressor itself. I had to replace this last year. Easy peasy. Other than that the car's been a really comfortable and reliable car. The interior is huge.

kirk
11-02-2016, 06:46 AM
The Montego is a nice car. My parents bought an '06 Montego 2 years ago. Watch out for the infamous A/C problem where it won't blow cold anymore. Most shops will want to replace the A/C compressor, but the problem lies in a $30 valve within the compressor itself. I had to replace this last year. Easy peasy. Other than that the car's been a really comfortable and reliable car. The interior is huge.

Thanks. I checked the AC yesterday (mid 70s here for a day) and it seems to work, but that info will be good down the road.

I'm liking it so far.

kirk
11-04-2016, 06:31 AM
Well the honeymoon's over. Bought it Tuesday (as is) and have driven it every day since. This morning had major electrical issues on the way to work. I hate buying used cars. Oh well.

Sully008
11-04-2016, 07:22 AM
Man that sucks. What kind of problems are you having? I'm knocking on wood that so far my parents' car has only had a few bulbs go out on it.

kirk
11-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Man that sucks. What kind of problems are you having? I'm knocking on wood that so far my parents' car has only had a few bulbs go out on it.

Had charging system warnings, then TC warnings, (both on/off a few times) then lost virtually all of the interior, tail lights and turn signals. I'm thinking it might all come back after I hit the key again, but haven't tried that yet.

Update: Yep, everything works now.

This is not good.

Sully008
11-04-2016, 07:49 AM
There seems to be quite a few TSBs out for electrical on the Montego. Some mention the battery light and cluster. Hopefully you can get this sorted out. Another FYI, check the backside of the throttle body for carbon deposits. That'll cause loss of power and stumbling. This too happened on my parents' car. Cleaned it and hasn't come back.

kirk
11-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Looks like this is the issue;

2005 Ford: gauge..turn signals dont work either..electrical problem
This answer was rated:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Periodically, all the gauge needles on my 2005 Ford 500 drop to the bottom and "quiver". When this happens, the turn signals don't work either. Obviously, this is an electrical problem, but I don't know where to look. Can you give me any advice?
Share this conversation
Expert: davehop replied 7 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JA, the ford 500 has a tsb, technical service bulletin to replace the instrument cluster for your exact problem and i have replaced about 6 of them for your same concern, the circuit board in the cluster overheats and as a result, the solder loosens and causes a high resistence in the circuit board, and that is the reason the guages go crazy. Have the instrument cluster replaced, if you need to reference the tsb, it is #06-17-09

FORD: 2005-2006 Five Hundred, Freestyle
MERCURY: 2005-2006 Montego

This article supersedes TSB 06-6-2 to update the Service Procedure.
ISSUE:

Some 2005-2006 Freestyle/Five Hundred/Montego vehicles built before 02/17/2006 may exhibit intermittent instrument cluster concerns with one of the following symptoms:

Very temporary intermittant condition at which time the Instrument Cluster pointers will intermittently "home" randomly after the ignition switch is in the run position. This is when all pointers travel to the low end of gauge travel, jitter for two to four seconds, and then recover. This condition may be more likely to occur as the vehicle drives over rough road surfaces.

During hard fault or prolonged intermittant condition, most functionality of the cluster will cease operation as soon as the issue is present, including all gages becoming inoperative.

While the fault exists, multiple warning lights will be illuminated, Cluster High Speed Controller Area Network (CAN) or Medium Speed CAN network communication with other module(s) will be inoperative, and reverse lights will stay on. If the fault discontinues, the tachometer and speedometer gauges will sweep and then reset. Look for U1900 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in other electronic modules, as well as P0462/P2067 in the powertrain control module (PCM).

These symptoms could be the result of a defective solder joint on the printed circuit board in the instrument cluster.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

Attempt to reproduce the symptoms in the vehicle, and document results on repair order. If the specific symptoms described above are present, check for DTCs in all high speed and medium speed CAN modules. Record and perform appropriate pin point test (PPT) in Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 418-00. Check for proper function of powers and grounds to the Instrument Cluster. Monitor generator output during concern for possible under / over charging concern. If PPT(s) do not identify an issue due to intermittant condition, and there are no network communication DTCs (U codes) in the instrument cluster, replace the cluster.
If the symptoms and diagnostics described above require an instrument cluster replacement, refer to WSM, Section 413-01. Otherwise, complete all applicable pinpoint tests and repair as specified.

NOTE: CLUSTER SHOULD NOT BE REPLACED FOR INDIVIDUAL WARNING LIGHT TROUBLE OR WHEN COMMUNICATION CANNOT BE ESTABLISHED WITH AN INDIVIDUAL MODULE.

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
061709A 2005-2006 Five Hundred, Freestyle, Montego: Check Diagnostic Trouble Codes And Replace The Instrument Cluster (Do Not Use With 12650D, 10838A, 10887A, 0447A) 0.9 Hr.
MT061709 Claim Additional Labor Required As Actual Time Or Use SLTS Operation If Available Actual Time

DEALER CODING

BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
10849 28

davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience: Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company