PDA

View Full Version : Yum coffee

MMBLUE
11-10-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm not seeing what the big deal is talking about coffee :confused:

I recently just switched brands. I wasn't too found of the other. It was starting to get boring and the taste just wasn't the same anymore. Of course at first, it was different. I gave it a chance. My father said to me once" Give it a chance, you might like it"

I also got a Kurig. Not sure how to spell it. man those K cups are expensive :mad2:

RF Overlord
11-10-2016, 08:28 AM
There's nothing wrong with talking about coffee...it's the thinly-veiled references to the Presidential election that are an issue. The TOS clearly states "no politics".

Turbov6Bryan
11-10-2016, 08:37 AM
I didn't even get to talk about my morning cup of coffee before my thread was locked up

stevengerard
11-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Keurig coffee is actually the worst (over roasted, and most do not allow for release of gases). The darker the roast the more burnt the beans, its just what us Americans have been raised with. You should try freshly light roasted beans. Many roasted beans are quite old, sit on the shelf for months. Best bet is to consume within weeks of roasting.

Granddaddy Marq
11-10-2016, 09:22 AM
In before the lock!

Spectragod
11-10-2016, 09:30 AM
A guy I work with does the keureg thing, told he buys the inserts in bulk, costs him 47 cents per cup. I'm thinking, I buy 3 pound folgers for around $7, it makes at least 30 pots of coffee, it has to be pennies a cup at that rate.

Even grinding my own beans wouldn't cost half a dollar a cup, more money saved is more money for mods.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

fastblackmerc
11-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Keurig coffee is actually the worst (over roasted, and most do not allow for release of gases). The darker the roast the more burnt the beans, its just what us Americans have been raised with. You should try freshly light roasted beans. Many roasted beans are quite old, sit on the shelf for months. Best bet is to consume within weeks of roasting.

Coffee beans start losing their "freshness" right after roasting them.

stevengerard
11-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Actually it takes about 24 hours for the initial de-gas.

Henry
11-10-2016, 10:34 AM
I see all this talk of coffee today after spilling my entire cup off coffee onto the passenger seat of my marauder this morning on my way to work. I hope nobody talks about hitting a deer or random car fires tomorrow...

Ms. Denmark
11-10-2016, 10:42 AM
Actually it takes about 24 hours for the initial de-gas.
Correct. I bought a coffee roaster several years ago and roast my own beans from time to time. The coffee is nearly tasteless if brewed immediately after roasting, but is great at between 10 days-4 weeks. BTW Most green beans have an optimal roasting time depending on the variety.

Turbov6Bryan
11-10-2016, 10:47 AM
I see all this talk of coffee today after spilling my entire cup off coffee onto the passenger seat of my marauder this morning on my way to work. I hope nobody talks about hitting a deer or random car fires tomorrow...

Lmao too funny!

MMBLUE
11-10-2016, 02:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with talking about coffee...it's the thinly-veiled references to the Presidential election that are an issue. The TOS clearly states "no politics".

Touchy aren't we.

The masses here are aware of the PC nature of MM.net

I happen to LOVE coffee :banana:

MMBLUE
11-10-2016, 02:39 PM

Hilarious.

Good thing you have leather, it wipes right off.

Blk Mamba
11-11-2016, 06:29 AM
IMHO I think political correctness is a lot of bull, if you are so thin skinned that you can't have a civil conversation about any subject without having to sugar coat every word, then maybe reality isn't for you.

MMBLUE
11-11-2016, 07:24 AM
IMHO I think political correctness is a lot of bull, if you are so thin skinned that you can't have a civil conversation about any subject without having to sugar coat every word, then maybe reality isn't for you.

Exactly :)

I love coffee :D

GO TRUMP !!!!!

IBTL :banned:

Turbov6Bryan
11-11-2016, 07:53 AM

Sounds pretty good to me

Control has flipped back and forth from republican to democratic to republican to democratic over the years. The out going crowd just needs to accept the new president. It's been this way since Reagan?? Carter?

The problem is now the children who all got trophies just for participating in games while growing up got a slap in the face of our reality.

Look at them protest lmao

RF Overlord
11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
The issue with mm.net isn't "political correctness"...I agree, there's way too much PC in the world. The problem is that political threads almost invariably get out of hand, and end up with each side accusing the other of causing the end of society as we know it.

stevengerard
11-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Sounds pretty good to me

Control has flipped back and forth from republican to democratic to republican to democratic over the years. The out going crowd just needs to accept the new president. It's been this way since Reagan?? Carter?

The problem is now the children who all got trophies just for participating in games while growing up got a slap in the face of our reality.

Look at them protest lmao

^ that's why

Because

1) a "civil" conversation is nearly impossible to have through a keyboard over the internet. Your first sentence its a fair statement - your second sentence goes right to throwing a whole group of people under the bus (I'm older than you so you didin't offend me).
2) generalizations are overused.
3) often opinions are presented as my way or no way
4) for every 5 people that present an opinion thoughtfully (whether educated or not) you always end up with one person who says something idiotic, racist or just plain offensive.
5) many times people have no idea how offensive what they said is (e.g. in another "for sale" thread you yourself used the "R" word when referring to a seller, I subtly tried to point that out - it went right over your head.

Turbov6Bryan
11-11-2016, 08:26 AM
What is the R word and which thread? I generally don't read your posts

stevengerard
11-11-2016, 08:34 AM
first post on top of page two

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102840&page=2

Turbov6Bryan
11-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Sorry if you take offense when I used the R word, I never claimed to try and be PC on a bulletin board.

The guy turned out to be a thief

stevengerard
11-11-2016, 09:19 AM
I appreciate that, thanks. My main point is that what you and I consider to be funny others may not. Around friend's, like you, I'm not always worried about being PC, but try to do my best and on the web try even harder - which sometimes isn't good enough.

Spectragod
11-11-2016, 09:50 AM
I thought that this thread was about coffee?

sailsmen
11-11-2016, 11:11 AM
The Mods have a very difficult task. Please keep that in mind.

Thank you.

Mr. Man
11-11-2016, 11:43 AM
I thought that this thread was about coffee?

Sent from my iThrone using TapatalkAs I near the bottom of my 3rd cupa I was thinking the same thing. The end is nigh.:eek:

Spectragod
11-11-2016, 12:53 PM
As I near the bottom of my 3rd cupa I was thinking the same thing. The end is nigh.:eek:

I can only drink 2 cups anymore, granted, they are 30 ounce cups[emoji3][emoji3]

Marauderjack
11-11-2016, 03:16 PM
I can only drink 2 cups anymore, granted, they are 30 ounce cups[emoji3][emoji3]

If I drank that much I could thread a sewing machine while it's RUNNING and I'd need a funnel to put my key in the ignition!!!:eek::shake: :confused:

Joe Walsh
11-11-2016, 04:04 PM
The issue with mm.net isn't "political correctness"...I agree, there's way too much PC in the world.
The problem is that political threads almost invariably get out of hand, and end up with each side accusing the other of causing the end of society as we know it.

True!
and unfortunate.

Now... I will say that I thoroughly enjoyed a cup of coffee while staying up late on Tuesday night.
I couldn't figure out why all of the 'unbiased' news reporters were losing their $h*t....????..... Rachel Maddow in particular!.....:D......:D.... :D

Maybe they all had way too much coffee!.....:banana:

junior
11-12-2016, 07:19 AM
This morning I had a nice couple of cups of black coffee. The sugar and cream don't think I'm inclusive though because I left them out.