PDA

View Full Version : Saturn SL Is Most-Stolen Vehicle in U.S.

SouLRioT
05-25-2004, 09:35 AM
http://customwire.ap.org/photos/NYET25605251414-big.jpg

For more info Click here (http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MOST_STOLEN_VEHICLES?SITE=FLPA P&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Ross
05-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Amazing! Only American cars on the list are the Saturn and the Tahoe. Good! Maybe no scumbag will want to steal my MM!

2003 MIB
05-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Amazing! Only American cars on the list are the Saturn and the Tahoe. Good! Maybe no scumbag will want to steal my MM!

Just the wheels, Ross- just the wheels... ;)

Dr Caleb
05-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Strange. Seems like every day 10 Neons and 10 Caravans are stolen in town here. I wonder why that trend isn't carrying on down south ??

2003 MIB
05-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Strange. Seems like every day 10 Neons and 10 Caravans are stolen in town here. I wonder why that trend isn't carrying on down south ??

Good taste? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Doc, couldn't resist...

Patrick
05-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Good taste? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry Doc, couldn't resist...
:stupid: :bows: :bows: :bows:

junehhan
05-25-2004, 09:55 PM
People who steal cars are just really scummy. I personally would like to force a car theif to live in the interior of an Acura Integra for 4 months as their punishment. Of course, that would be considered very cruel.........

I'll be happy as long as they stay away from our Marauders. Heck, even these rims have the Mercury logo in the center cap, so how useful could they be to thieves?

Patrick
05-26-2004, 02:43 AM
People who steal cars are just really scummy. I personally would like to force a car theif to live in the interior of an Acura Integra for 4 months as their punishment. Of course, that would be considered very cruel.........

I'll be happy as long as they stay away from our Marauders. Heck, even these rims have the Mercury logo in the center cap, so how useful could they be to thieves?
:nono: :nono: :nono: Live in a Pacer or do I say Yugo!!!!

Cooper
05-26-2004, 05:09 PM
One of the two main reasons I didn't buy a Marauder was because I work and park in a pretty "bad" section of Boston where I was afraid it would be stolen. Considering the list above and what the thieves are attracted to, I probably had nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

Dr Caleb
05-27-2004, 06:58 AM
I might be wrong here, but I've never heard of a Panther vehicle (Crown Vic, Grand Marquis, MM, Town Car) being stolen. Other than the numptys who leave them running outside the 7-11.

rookie1
05-28-2004, 06:23 AM
Saturn body panels are ridiculously expensive to manufacture compared to standard steel stampings. That's why Saturn interior and drivetrain packages are so cheesy. They have to decontent to make up for the cost of the body panels. May also be be why they're on the stolen list.

junehhan
05-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Saturn body panels are ridiculously expensive to manufacture compared to standard steel stampings. That's why Saturn interior and drivetrain packages are so cheesy. They have to decontent to make up for the cost of the body panels. May also be be why they're on the stolen list.

How in the world can those plastic body panels cost more than steel?