PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an SCT tuner for sale?

Chayton
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
seems my xcal 2 took a crap. Need tuner asap..

martyo
11-13-2016, 06:59 PM
The 2s are obsolete garbage.

SCT no longer offers support for them.

I could reload your tune into a minty fresh x4 if you're interested.

Let me know.

Lowndex
11-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Go visit BRG Racing in Martinez. They will set you up.

martyo
11-13-2016, 08:06 PM
Go visit BRG Racing in Martinez. They will set you up.

Good point.

Their vast Marauder tuning experience will serve him well.

Lowndex
11-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Good point.

Their vast Marauder tuning experience will serve him well.

Try to assume positive intent. If he buys a tune from you, BRG Racing can install the tune for him with their equipment. Or load a tune he may already have that he wants used.

Granddaddy Marq
11-14-2016, 05:12 AM
I have an Xcal 3, with a Zack tune on it. It was on my 04. It was only used on my car. I went to a Xcal 4 and don't need it any more. In my opinion the X4 is the way to go. A lot more options with it.

RubberCtyRauder
11-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Try to assume positive intent. If he buys a tune from you, BRG Racing can install the tune for him with their equipment. Or load a tune he may already have that he wants used.

Why does BRG need to install a tune bought from MartyO?..Chayton needs a new SCT device, the SCT plugs into the OBDII port, the tune would be on it. BRG can stay out of the picture. They don't need to be involved.

Lowndex
11-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Always good to have choices.

RubberCtyRauder
11-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Always good to have choices.

are they a sct dealer? how long do they take to install a tune? im sorry that your car has taken nearly 20 months and still not done. i dont feel that is acceptable to recommend them. if martyo took 20 months to install a motor etc. not many if any would go to him or praise him.

martyo
11-14-2016, 01:10 PM

Chayton has my tune. In fact he has several of them.

He does not need BRG to load the tune. He can do that himself.

Although, I must say, I am curious how BRG would load mine, or anyone else's tune for that matter, using their equipment.

martyo
11-14-2016, 01:16 PM
are they a sct dealer? how long do they take to install a tune? im sorry that your car has taken nearly 20 months and still not done. i dont feel that is acceptable to recommend them. if martyo took 20 months to install a motor etc. not many if any would go to him or praise him.

Thanks Mark!

Chayton
11-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Chayton has my tune. In fact he has several of them.

He does not need BRG to load the tune. He can do that himself.

Although, I must say, I am curious how BRG would load mine, or anyone else's tune using they're equipment.

Yes I have Martys tune... very anxious to load it! Unfortunately I spent quite a bit of money on freshening up the motor and on the 3500 stall... So seeing what my options are... I dont mind an xcal3, doesnt make a difference to me as long as it loads the tune lol. If I cant find something local I will be ordering a fresh xcal 4 from marty :)

Ourobos
11-14-2016, 04:16 PM
A local to me has an unopened X4 for $300, that would save you a little, if on a tight budget. PM me a number if you're interested, I'll get him in touch with you

Chayton
11-16-2016, 08:42 AM
A special thanks to Granddaddy Marq for selling me his xcal3, and overnighting it to me. should be here today. You the man!

tbone
11-16-2016, 09:58 AM
I like my Xcal 2. I tell it to tune the car, it tunes the car. And it's paid for.

Gryphonzus
11-16-2016, 12:14 PM
I like my Marty tune no matter what it is in.

Chayton
11-16-2016, 01:20 PM
I like my Xcal 2. I tell it to tune the car, it tunes the car. And it's paid for.

right? Thats all I need. I dont need it to hold a bajillion tunes either. but Ive had nothing but trouble with this stupid xcal 2. Updated the firmware from their website and now its bricked. hopefully the 3 will be more intuitive.

Chayton
11-16-2016, 01:26 PM
I like my Marty tune no matter what it is in.

Tuner arrived today, Im going straight home after work to load this bad boy up and see what she does! very excited :cool:

tbone
11-16-2016, 02:03 PM
right? Thats all I need. I dont need it to hold a bajillion tunes either. but Ive had nothing but trouble with this stupid xcal 2. Updated the firmware from their website and now its bricked. hopefully the 3 will be more intuitive.

I bought mine used from a member here and it has been trouble free. :banana2:

Have fun!!

Chayton
11-17-2016, 09:48 AM
Just wanted to give a big shoutout to MARTYO for delivering yet another BAD ASS tune to go with my new 3500 stall! Shifts are firm and timed perfectly. After my new tuner shipped I excitedly rushed home after work, only to realize the tune was locked to my old handhelds serial. 6 months of no marauder and I was going to have to wait an ENTIRE DAY to finally be able to enjoy her! much to my surprise, less than 20 minutes after shooting MARTY a PM on here (keep in mind its 9PM his time) My car is tuned and running better than ever. Martin, Thanks again for another great tune, and even better customer service! You da man.

martyo
11-17-2016, 11:10 AM
My pleasure Chayton!!