PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Aviator owners in here.

jmsa540
11-13-2016, 10:58 PM
Pros and cons please? I'm possibly considering one for my family.

Ms. Denmark
11-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Loved mine! Had an '03. At about 150,000 miles began having transmission and other issues so traded it in on the MKX which is not the same animal at all. :( My Aviator was comfortable, V8 power (premium gas) and a great daily driver in all weather. I miss it, but at this point I'd probably look at a used Navigator for my current lifestyle.

Black&Gifted
11-14-2016, 11:31 AM
I have an AWD 03. Currently has 142k. Owned it since new. Only major item replaced was the transfer case at around 130k, although it may need the timing guides and tensioners replaced soon. Other items replaced in ownership have been wheel bearings and radiator, and normal wear stuff like brakes and shocks.

Have to echo Ms. Denmark's statements. Very comfortable. Nice interior. Good power. It is what I consider a perfect size SUV. While newer SUVs have much more electronics, I just don't find them as appealing or worth spending the money for the "upgrade." To me, the design with the bumper cover, hood and body molding make it still a very stylish vehicle. Although a lot of people will tell you it is just a dressed up Explorer, but it is not even close. 4.6 DOHC v8, 5 speed transmission, interior is plush, etc.

I have all the greyish exterior textured parts painted body color soon after delivery, and also just had the entire vehicle repainted. It is a slick and beautiful SUV. Have had many offers from people asking me to sell it but keep turning them down.

For SUVs, I also own a Porsche Cayenne, and personal preference is still to drive the Aviator.

Ourobos
11-14-2016, 11:51 AM
I'm on my 2nd, it's an 05 with 101k.. Absolutely love it.. Don't buy one for the gas mileage, I get 13/17.. Also a nice Eaton swap candidate if desired.

Black&Gifted
11-14-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm on my 2nd, it's an 05 with 101k.. Absolutely love it.. Don't buy one for the gas mileage, I get 13/17.. Also a nice Eaton swap candidate if desired.

Is there room for an eaton swap? I've thought about it on and off but engine bay looks pretty tights and not sure if there is clearance with the hood closed. Could be wrong...

Ourobos
11-14-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd imagine with minimum fabrication it'd be no more difficult than a Marauder swap.. My hood clearance looks spacious, more so than my Marauder when I put the Eaton on it.

Ms. Denmark
11-14-2016, 01:48 PM
Should also mention that my rear window struts gave way and shattered the glass. It took almost 2 months for the dealer to get the Lincoln quiet glass to replace it. As Black&Gifted said, it's no Explorer....SO much better than that! (except in MPG)