PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat Charger vs Mercury Marauder

DrZ
12-01-2016, 04:35 AM
I drove a new Charger Hellcat that a friend owns this past summer. I like the performance because there is nothing shy of perfection. But I still like my Marauder better. I couldn't my finger on it except I really don't like the dash. it is too busy for my taste-I like spartan simple. Then I realize that the UPS guy always complains to me I buy too many tires. He wants to know if I have a race car which I don't but I kill tires. Then this same friend becomes offended that I like my Marauder better then his Dodge. I know the 70G car is better then my car in every possible performance category period. I still I swear like my Marauder better. It is bigger, handles just as well, has more space, turns just as much heads, don't make me sick from looking at the dash/gauges and the UPS guy would just die from hauling tires. I sorry if any of you disagree especially if you owned both a Marauder and a Charger. I will buy a Charger or 300 when they get it right for me but it looks like that won't happen. Maybe driving down the highway and cars moving over isn't important to you but I still love it!:D
Happy Holidays

Pat
12-01-2016, 05:42 AM
You just reiterated why there are so many different car models, something for everybody.

I, on the other hand, can't get enough instrumentation. I would prefer my dash to look like the instrument panel of an Fighter plane.

However, we do agree that our Marauder are a treasure greater than Silver or Gold.

I met a colleague yesterday, from times past, while walking to my car and the subject quickly turned to our rides. He nearly fainted when he saw my Marauder and it' S/C'd engine compartment. Machinery, not cladding.

Cheers,

88LTDCV351
12-01-2016, 10:11 AM
I'm a simpler dash old school kind of guy myself also. And I still love my Marauder more than a Charger. Just wish the Marauder had the same kind of performance though. My sister's husband has a newer body style Charger so I have ridden in one before. It was not a hellcat though.

Black&Gifted
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Haven't driven one but wondered how the 700hp (crank) gets to the ground. HP numbers to me is just a **** showing contest. Useable power on where it comes on in the powerband is where it is at.

1Marauder
12-01-2016, 10:55 AM
I have rented the 300, and with the old hemi, a new shaker hood... and a tail fin cause the rear is fugly, to me it is the only modern car that is even close to the bigger feel of the Marauder. The drivers view is diminished in the 300/challenger/charger though, where the Marauder has perfect driver vision and sight lines. And agreed, to me it is not the guages themselves , but the dash is ugly and cheep looking.

And I guess I'd add the older 740IL landshark version... beefed up it was a sweet adult ride.

Black&Gifted
12-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Ultimate adult driver's car = e60 M5. Not even debatable.

Close second is second gen cts-v. Cadillac did a nice job on that, particularly the handling category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus
12-01-2016, 01:49 PM
I want more power in my Marauder too, but feel the style of the newers cars just don't excite me. I like the traditional American big 4 door V-8 look and feel of our cars, yet they handle so nicely. I call mine the "Gentleman's hot rod."

justbob
12-01-2016, 03:08 PM
The dash is what you see every single time you drive so I get it. I'm with you on the overall shape and styling of the dash. It looks too much like a RAM. And I can't stand how high the dash is in newer cars either, I almost feel like a midget. But this is a small list compared to things I don't like about Marauders.

Other than that I would prefer the Hellcat Charger over a Marauder any day. Just no monies.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

burgundy04
12-01-2016, 03:33 PM
When I saw this thread, I had to mention this. I put my Marauder up for sale locally a couple weeks ago. I had a guy come down one evening to look at it, and it turns out he's driving a 15 or 16 Hellcat Charger. He's modded it many ways, even has a set of "summer" wheels and tires for it. Showed me a video of doing about a block long burnout on them. I find out this is his second Hellcat, and he's had 3 Marauders through the years. He's a very big guy and uses much of the room the Marauder offers when he's behind the wheel. In the end, he didn't take my car because we were $250 off on price. He probably burned up more than $250 worth of rubber in the video he showed me!

Spectragod
12-01-2016, 03:54 PM
I like Hellcats......they're quite tasty 😋 .... Salty and sweet at the same time. Hope to see more victims, er, I mean Hellcats at Woodward again.....here kitty kitty kitty 🐱 :burnout:

Shaijack
12-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Here. Goat and sheepy

DrZ
12-01-2016, 07:11 PM
I will test a 2017 Lincoln Continential next week at a dealer in Staten Island, NY Dana Ford. Not a Hellcat or a Z06 but a possible addition to my fleet. The sticker on the window will also decide if Ford can have more of my money- the engine/tranny must be made in the USA! :D

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-02-2016, 06:49 AM
The dash on the charger is too bulky for my taste, and the 300 is a bit minivan ish but not as bad. I think I will look at getting into either an f10 bimmer 550i or a latest gen Chrysler 300s 5.7 (to mod the hell out of) as a daily.