PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Marauder owners don't use this forums

Davco
12-03-2016, 03:26 PM
I have seen 3-4 marauders the past couple of weeks but it seems like they don't use mercurymarauders.net. I post up about a sighting and get crickets in return. I saw a female driven Marauder today with an aftermarket spoiler. Crickets?

Turbov6Bryan
12-03-2016, 03:58 PM
I have seen 3-4 marauders the past couple of weeks but it seems like they don't use mercurymarauders.net. I post up about a sighting and get crickets in return. I saw a female driven Marauder today with an aftermarket spoiler. Crickets?

Same goes here in Kansas City
I've seen 10 other marauders locally and only 1 guy knew of the site... Even he doesn't visit the site, says he's just not interested. AND after talking with that guy, he really knew his marauder tech and history

To a lot of folks, these are just cars

Granddaddy Marq
12-03-2016, 04:50 PM
I use this forum. But not as much as I should. I check in every day but I don't post alot.

Davco
12-03-2016, 08:16 PM
turbov6Bryan, you are probably right. Some people don't get as excited about seeing these cars on the road. As much as I love my Marauder, I love the idea of a community even more. I have always loved owning a car the came with a group of people that love the cars (part of the reason I loved my old foxbody).

Granddaddy, I'm with you. I don't post a lot but I do check in regularly. I'm just always excited to see another marauder on the road. I always check the forum to see if they are part of this community. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it.

Donald
12-03-2016, 10:49 PM
At one time someone here offered a pack of business cards with the web address for people to put under windshields, pass out in person, etc.

justbob
12-04-2016, 12:02 AM
Same goes here in Kansas City

I've seen 10 other marauders locally and only 1 guy knew of the site... Even he doesn't visit the site, says he's just not interested. AND after talking with that guy, he really knew his marauder tech and history

To a lot of folks, these are just cars

Same story but even more cars. I've given up on trying to talk to them. After so many years go by and you find yourself carding the same car.. It's time to quit.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Turbov6Bryan
12-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Same story but even more cars. I've given up on trying to talk to them. After so many years go by and you find yourself carding the same car.. It's time to quit.

Yup. Was in my black MM all slicked up looking nice, driving down the road and caught up to another MM all black. We drove down side by side, guy waved, wouldn't roll down the window to chat

I turned off ahead to the grocery store and he drove right around me...
Stuck up son of a ......

Ken
12-04-2016, 07:33 AM
Yup.

Stuck up son of a ......Not everyone is into the same thing. I had a 98 SVT Contour back in the day, I never joined their site, even though I used it as a reference site, if I had an issue.

To each his own...:alone:

Ms. Denmark
12-04-2016, 07:58 AM
Not everyone is into the same thing. I had a 98 SVT Contour back in the day, I never joined their site, even though I used it as a reference site, if I had an issue.

Ditto. (except it's Lincolns in my case). Their site is useful for reference if needed. I stop by Lincolns of Distinction tent at Carlisle since it's right down the hill from us every year and that's as far as it goes.

The mayor of our town has owned a SB Marauder since forever. I've met his wife several times and given her info about mm.net and even invited them to upcoming meets but it's not something they are interested in.

Turbov6Bryan
12-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Not everyone is into the same thing. I had a 98 SVT Contour back in the day, I never joined their site, even though I used it as a reference site, if I had an issue.

So what you are saying is if your driving down the road side by side with another Marauder, you won't roll down the window to say hello or pull over and greet the other party? Just because you don't think they are "car" people? I think you focused on the wrong portion of what I said... the guy was a stuck up sob for NOT saying hello and rolling down his window, he wasn't a SOB for not being on a website???? Lmao

I'm just saying that a lot of people out in the general public who own a marauder just treat it as a regular car, to them it's just transportation

I could care less if they visit this site or get on the internet, if I see another Marauder going down the road, I would hope for the same enthusiasm as I have for the MM. When I'm driving one of my GN's or Firebirds, I always get stopped to chat and talk...

Have a good day :)

justbob
12-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Imagine if us F150 owners were to engage into conversation at every sighting. [emoji50]

It would be the end of transportation as we know it!

Ken
12-04-2016, 11:44 AM
So what you are saying is if your driving down the road side by side with another Marauder, you won't roll down the window to say hello or pull over and greet the other party? Just because you don't think they are "car" people? I think you focused on the wrong portion of what I said... the guy was a stuck up sob for NOT saying hello and rolling down his window, he wasn't a SOB for not being on a website???? Lmao

I'm just saying that a lot of people out in the general public who own a marauder just treat it as a regular car, to them it's just transportation

I could care less if they visit this site or get on the internet, if I see another Marauder going down the road, I would hope for the same enthusiasm as I have for the MM. When I'm driving one of my GN's or Firebirds, I always get stopped to chat and talk...

Have a good day :)Where did I say that? Don't go putting words in my mouth.

To each his own...:alone:That is fine, if that is your thing. But not everyone is that trusting of a stranger that wants them to pull over, or has the time to chat. Just accept people for who they are

Turbov6Bryan
12-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Where did I say that? Don't go putting words in my mouth.That is fine, if that is your thing. But not everyone is that trusting of a stranger that wants them to pull over, or has the time to chat. Just accept people for who they are

Exactly I said he was a stuck up SOB Pretty common for the area I was driving in. Lots of snobs

:)

jsignorelli
12-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Not everyone who owns a special car appreciates what they have. Some people don't appreciate loved ones as much as they should either. To some, a car is only metal, plastic and leather. To others, it is a work of art. I choose not to judge others less they find reasons to judge me. I accept that a beautiful car may receive rough handling from an owner.
Then, some day, I might be in a position to rescue that car and bring it back to its full glory. I say enjoy what you have, and understand the ways of those who don't share our tastes.

Davco
12-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Imagine if us F150 owners were to engage into conversation at every siting. [emoji50]

Lol. We also own a Honda Odyssey. No one gets a wave from me...and I only visit the forums when something is broken on the van.....and I hate our van!

Car people love to talk about cars. Not every Marauder owner is a car person. Every car person doesn't own a car worth talking about. I'm cool with this...just sad about it in Alabama.

RF Overlord
12-04-2016, 01:33 PM
I understand that not all people are into joining forums, but why buy an expensive limited-edition car if you're going to treat it like an ordinary car?

lji372
12-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Imagine if us F150 owners were to engage into conversation at every sighting. [emoji50]

Need like button :lol:

JBeezy
12-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I've put up several sightings with no response as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ms. Denmark
12-05-2016, 03:51 AM
I understand that not all people are into joining forums, but why buy an expensive limited-edition car if you're going to treat it like an ordinary car? Bob, not sure if you mean Marauders, but when I ordered mine from the dealer I didn't think I was buying an "expensive" car and no one was calling it a "limited edition". I just wanted the same size and room as my CV but with more cow bell and Mr. Man told me that's what I'd get in a Marauder. I drove it from 2003 to 2008 before joining mm.net and learning that my Marauder was turning into a cult classic. :D

mattdohc
12-05-2016, 12:47 PM
i love this site. thanks to this site and jerry ive had 2 supercharged marauders!!! and martyo!!! soon to be #3 lol

jsignorelli
12-05-2016, 01:34 PM
I didn't even know that a Marauder existed. I went to the 2004 NY AutoShow and saw the MM on the floor. I fell in love. That Thursday, I went to my dealer and tried to order my Silver Birch baby. The salesman never heard of a marauder, even though I explained that the auto show had one on the floor. I even explained that 2004 was year #2 of that model. Finally, he found a brochure about the car, and I placed my order. The exact car I wanted was in a dealership in Boston. Five days later, it was at my dealers facility. The dealer saw the car, also fell in love, and ordered one for himself. That was the only two Marauders that went through that dealership in two years. Talk about under exposure of a model....WOW!
I still have a love affair with my car.

MGDriver
12-07-2016, 01:37 PM
I imagine a lot of people are in the same position as me and just don't have the time to check into a forum regularly. I wish I could post here more often but I rarely find the time to do it. Sometimes after work I read a little bit of what has been posted but mostly I find myself being too exhausted from the work day to actually bother replying to a thread and tell myself to do it later which of course never happens most of the time.

itsgreenmoney
12-07-2016, 10:36 PM

How's it going? I doubt you've seen me but I'm an Alabama marauder owner. I'm located in Montgomery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the fat bastid
12-07-2016, 11:26 PM
At one time someone here offered a pack of business cards with the web address for people to put under windshields, pass out in person, etc.

Where are you guys seeing all these marauders? After 13 years I'm finally down to my last one!

I forget who made them. I think they also made a pad of paper that fit in the ohc and a pen.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45 045&stc=1&d=1481178782

Mr. Man
12-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Where are you guys seeing all these marauders? After 13 years I'm finally down to my last one!

I forget who made them. I think they also made a pad of paper that fit in the ohc and a pen.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45 045&stc=1&d=1481178782
Never saw that card. There used to be a place here, maybe archives where you could download the card data and print your own.

RF Overlord
12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
The business cards, pens, pads of paper, etc. were made by "Slowpoke"...haven't seen him post in a long time, but he did come to MV12 in Chicago.

JustRight
12-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Having owned many different car brands and attended their perspective forums for insider information, what turns most people off is very simple. There always seems to be at least one or more forum Rambos that just insists on sharing his childish, volatile personality. That puts a bad taste in the mouths of most.

It even happens here. :nocomm:

The worst attitude, record holding site is "Ratsun" for Datsun vehicles and is delivered daily by the administrator himself. :rolleyes:

RF Overlord
12-08-2016, 11:18 AM
I didn't think I was buying an "expensive" car and no one was calling it a "limited edition".MSRP was $34k, so it was expensive for a glorified Grand Marquis, but you're right; when new, no one realised they'd end up being a "limited edition". Still, with the lack of awareness of the car by the public, I would think that someone would buy one because they wanted "that" car, not just "a" car.

Ms. Denmark
12-08-2016, 11:26 AM
... I would think that someone would buy one because they wanted "that" car, not just "a" car.

That was me! I bought it because Mr. Man told me I wanted that car.:P Never even considered anything else...

Best advice he ever gave me...except for convincing me I wanted to marry him.

Mr. Man
12-08-2016, 11:47 AM
The business cards, pens, pads of paper, etc. were made by "Slowpoke"...haven't seen him post in a long time, but he did come to MV12 in Chicago.
Mary put the business card download somewhere on here. Maybe next time she's on she can point out where she hid it.:)

Motorhead350
12-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Honestly, I don't even tell people about the site anymore and had it with "Communities". Too many friendships I developed on here went south or slowly faded away. Same can be said with most people in my life and I know I'm not alone on that one.

It's good to have a few people on here who are here for the love of the car, even if we can't get along off the site.

wannaMM
12-08-2016, 04:50 PM
I live here in AL. and I have seen the APATHY,,,,
Don't know what I've got.....And don't care that you've got one too.....
I LOVE being able to "spank" the BMW's,Mercedes, and DODGES (mostly)
on the interstate where I drive mine, as they think they're invincible.....
Funny thing....A Mercedes employee drives a 2003 black and he drives daily...
So don't think we are not here..Just having fun as the cars will allow

Richy63
12-08-2016, 06:53 PM
I live near Pcola but mine is a garage King