PDA

View Full Version : Marauderless again

MMBLUE
12-06-2016, 04:15 PM
Well folks Marauderless again.

Marauder #3 is off to it's new and probably last owner.

A few thoughts :

MM #2 I had to sell because I had to send the kids to school. I had owned that car for almost 7 years. Lots of great memories in that car. Some of my best memories was driving back and forth from Mississippi to Florida when I was doing Army duty in Mississippi. Thank you Travis ( Musclemerc ) for sharing those times with me. Also, going to car shows and hanging out with Ron BC4E. I have met, and made so many great friends because of this car.

Growing through different stages of Mods was the best part of owning it. I was sad the day it had to see MM#2 go.

I went through almost two years being Marauderless after #2 was gone. I finally got in a position where I could get another one #3. Problem is, I didn't have enough $ to get what I really wanted. I looked for some before getting #3 but, just couldn't round up enough $.

Bottom line : I settled for MM #3 it just didn't capture the excitement for me anymore. It never felt the same. However, It was similar to MM#2.

I'm ready for something new. I have talked with a few members about buying another MM more to what I wanted to begin with before buying #3. But, just can't muster the excitement or willingness to spend a bunch of $ for one.

I guess I am in post MM depression of sorts.

Yet, really don't want another one. The car is antiquated, technology sucks. Just to name a few things.

I've been looking hard at a CTS-V or Chevrolet SS. Maybe it's time to turn the MM page altogether.

MOTOWN
12-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Ive been eye balling the 2012 CTS V sedan its a beast of a platform!

tobiasg1995
12-06-2016, 06:56 PM
^^^^^I second the motion for a V.

2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI

boatmangc
12-06-2016, 08:09 PM
CTS V
I don't miss my MM at all.
Especially after SSHS this year

8UWITH6
12-06-2016, 08:11 PM
See ya later ;)

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-06-2016, 09:29 PM
No question about it, the Marauder is antiquated when comparing to modern cars. I feel I have to keep modding it to keep it up to current times so to speak. A 6r80 or future 10r80 tranny retrofit would be real nice.

MMBLUE
12-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Ive been eye balling the 2012 CTS V sedan its a beast of a platform!

I really love them. They are chunk of money though.

^^^^^I second the motion for a V.

2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI

Love the sedan version best.

CTS V
I don't miss my MM at all.
Especially after SSHS this year

Yup. Love that 10.6 in the quarter :bows: I was talking with a guy with a 13 V sedan at the track two weeks ago, his runs a consistent 11.2 / 11.3. His best time was 11.1. Not to shabby for a production car with a tune and a few bolt ons.

See ya later ;)

Exactly what I would expect from you :flamer:

No question about it, the Marauder is antiquated when comparing to modern cars. I feel I have to keep modding it to keep it up to current times so to speak. A 6r80 or future 10r80 tranny retrofit would be real nice.

Agreed. I just wasn't enthused about MM#3

Maybe I'll venture into Jerry or Barry territory, and go for four or more :help:

L.Mark
12-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear, but a 69 Mustangs, Camaros and Hemi Cudas are also antiquated...just saying...

88CuttyClassic
12-07-2016, 09:21 AM
i mean what do you want out of a car that the MM can't do? unless they build a car with an on-board blow job feature, you can keep all the BS driver assist/stuff thats bound to break junk. If not for being in the rust belt i would probably daily like a 383 69 road runner or something like that. that is a drivers car... not something that does everything for you. I dunno , thats just me. I bought my MM cause i always wanted one not because i was worried about keeping up with someone or something. I never have a day where i think my MM is slow and mine its still pretty stock. I have other cars that are faster than it but i still find joy in it everyday.

tbone
12-07-2016, 09:37 AM
OLD SCHOOL is exactly why I like the car so much!!

Catfish
12-07-2016, 10:08 AM
I agree with Tbone. Not to mention I have a family of 4. The MM to me is both a family car and a muscle car. The best of both worlds!

tbone
12-07-2016, 10:10 AM
https://youtu.be/8tq2GYN8fc8

Now I want one of these Caddys too...

lji372
12-07-2016, 10:34 AM
" i want another marauder, i want another marauder."

"i finally got another marauder :woohoo: "

"i sold the 3rd marauder, it wasn't what i wanted in one but couldn't afford the one i wanted."

"don't think i want another one it's old technology."

"nothing newer fits the bill because it's way overpriced."

did i get this right? if so buy a marauder and update the radio and lighting :2thumbs:

gdsqdcr
12-07-2016, 10:42 AM
I have ups and downs with mine. Love it when i drive her, but those days are not as common with all the kids activities. I just will not drive the Marauder into a dirt/mud filled road to get to baseball, 3-4 times a week. I have a truck for that ... and the 3.5 twin turbo is addicting in a truck.

But, when I do drive her, I am so excited. I had a great drive with her on Monday and really got it a couple of times. That back end breaking traction shifting into second ... smiles all around. Even got a thumbs up from a newer/ish WRX sedan on Monday.

But a CTS-V ... yeah, that might convert me. Manual transmission ....

Black&Gifted
12-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Its all about perspective. Of course the marauder is dated. Its basically 14 years old for a 2003 300a. And ford wasn't exactly at the forefront of technology until a few years ago.

Wait until something breaks on a cts-v, or any other luxury performance car. or have to chase an electrical gremlin. you could own another marauder for the price to fix it. While no first hand experience with a cts-v except running against them on an open toll road, I do have a ton of experience with luxury performance cars. I've owned an e60 M5 (v10) and have unlimited access to a 911 Carrera S. Both are absolute blasts to drive, and the M5 is by far the best handling vehicle I've ever driven, particularly for a 4 door sedan. Out of warranty however, those cars are ridiculous to maintain.

There is always something faster and "better" out there.

All that said, I still get more looks and thumbs up in my marauder than I did with any other vehicle.

Again, all about perspective.

Ambitious1
12-07-2016, 01:38 PM
" ... if so buy a marauder and update the radio and lighting :2thumbs:

That's what I do. :)

tobiasg1995
12-07-2016, 01:44 PM
You can pick up an older one V for fairly cheap. This is my buddy's V. Giggle factor is off the chart, has an E-force SC, even though he just snapped a half shaft a couple weeks ago. My other buddy has an 05 putting down close to 700. He swapped in an Ls7. Drives it daily with fully functioning ac and heat. If I don't come across an MM I want, I'm going for a V, g8 or gto. No matter what car you decide on they all have pros and cons. Some just cost more to play with [emoji6]
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/80e52c36bef34219a033b88022f5cb 9c.jpg

2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI

Turbov6Bryan
12-07-2016, 01:49 PM
I've pondered the idea of what newer kind of car i would like in the next 5 years to replace my DD MM... I was thinking srt 8 jeep once it's 10 years old

Right now I have a newer 5.0 mustang that I've driven 3 times since buying my first MM, the MM is nice enough of a car to DD and is OK on power, it just suits my needs better than a few other cars I've owned

A friend of mine came over this summer with a 2005? Manual ctsv and it was "nice" ... I saw hail repair, painted panels, no floor mats, bald tires, fogged up head lights, like 7 previous owners.... When he told me he bought it with 95k and spent 18k on it I was floored he spent that much!! I guess people call us nuts for spending a lot for a marauder too lol

I really like the 2 door ctsv. But man they are expensive!

Good luck on your search for what ever you find,.. lots of options out there!!

justbob
12-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm bored and I've spent plenty getting there.

But I will say if you don't spend the right amount you'll be unhappy from day one..

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

lifespeed
12-07-2016, 03:06 PM
I've been looking hard at a CTS-V or Chevrolet SS. Maybe it's time to turn the MM page altogether.

Consider the CTS Vsport rather than the CTS-V. It is lighter, handles better, and the 420HP twin turbo is easily tuned to 500HP. They are amazing.

88CuttyClassic
12-07-2016, 03:07 PM
If I don't come across an MM I want, I'm going for a V, g8 or gto.

GTO and G8 are two of the worst cars to repair should you be unlucky to have to fix damage. My buddy works at a pretty major body shop in pittsburgh and they had to wait 8 months to get panels for a g8.

RubberCtyRauder
12-07-2016, 03:07 PM
all the cts v wagons on ebay are like $50k+

MMBLUE
12-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Consider the CTS Vsport rather than the CTS-V. It is lighter, handles better, and the 420HP twin turbo is easily tuned to 500HP. They are amazing.

I am turning that way but....I'm addicted to the sound of a V8

MMBLUE
12-07-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm bored and I've spent plenty getting there.

But I will say if you don't spend the right amount you'll be unhappy from day one..

I'll confess...I was drooling over embassy's car forever but could bring up enough cash to get it.

lifespeed
12-07-2016, 04:26 PM

You have to drive it. My brother has one and it is out of this world. I find the TT V6 sound is nice enough, but the performance and handling is what really makes me smile.

tobiasg1995
12-07-2016, 04:38 PM
GTO and G8 are two of the worst cars to repair should you be unlucky to have to fix damage. My buddy works at a pretty major body shop in pittsburgh and they had to wait 8 months to get panels for a g8.
That is good to know, thanks for the info. [emoji109]

2006 GMQ, 2010 CVPI

RubberCtyRauder
12-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Here you go..1 0f 500, only 336 miles. $25k discount off original sticker which was $75k and it's in FL.

http://www.naplesautocollection.com/vehicle-details/2014-chevrolet-camaro-z28-c762f75b08f743e68ba0d26ecafe99 a7/

Shaijack
12-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Detailed it and rubbed 5 coats of wax. It is waiting for you.

stevengerard
12-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Here you go..1 0f 500, only 336 miles. $25k discount off original sticker which was $75k and it's in FL.

http://www.naplesautocollection.com/vehicle-details/2014-chevrolet-camaro-z28-c762f75b08f743e68ba0d26ecafe99 a7/

Probably considered 1 of 1 as it was an official display model.

RubberCtyRauder
12-08-2016, 02:15 PM
and it's natural aspirated over 500 horsepower

Spectragod
12-09-2016, 11:49 AM

That car will need to be 20k for the OP. Think they'll roll off another 25k?

MMBLUE
12-09-2016, 02:27 PM

It's confirmed ladies and gentlemen. You are truly a sphincter muscle.

Turbov6Bryan
12-09-2016, 03:13 PM

Why is he a winkter mustle?

Spectragod
12-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Nope, I'm the whole azz.

But if your going to buy Barry's Whipple car, 20K won't do it for that one either.

Why is he a winkter mustle?

Because I tell the truth. I could post up a nice little story, one that took place when he was looking to purchase marauder #3. I think I still have the PM's, I'll have to look.

the fat bastid
12-09-2016, 04:10 PM

Ain't that the truth. Compromise just makes for disappointment.

As for the marauder, I find it is the right balance of new and old. Old enough that you can change and upgrade things without the car complaining yet modern enough to have a digital brain to work with.

But that is just me.

MMBLUE
12-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Nope, I'm the whole azz.

But if your going to buy Barry's Whipple car, 20K

If you only knew :P

I'm not sure why you feel like you've got to get in every one's business. You always got to put your two cents in. And most of the time it's not positive.

OH wait..... That's right.....your cars for sale......for 50 G's....Oh wait... I got parts to sell you.....5 times what they are really worth....ha ha look at me....I got something you want and you don't have it.....na ne na ne boo boo.

We've all been listening to that crap for years from you. Get a life and don't be boastful. For some reason you think you are holier than thou.

MMBLUE
12-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Ain't that the truth. Compromise just makes for disappointment.

As for the marauder, I find it is the right balance of new and old. Old enough that you can change and upgrade things without the car complaining yet modern enough to have a digital brain to work with.

But that is just me.

Agreed. And, patience is a virtue.

MMBLUE
12-09-2016, 06:26 PM

I would want that piece of crap anyway. Blind spots galore.

Merc-O-matic
12-09-2016, 06:28 PM

Jump on the Holden Chevy SS it will rekindle your spirit.....
but you need some "long bread".

Gotta Love It!:bandit:

Motorhead350
12-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Am I the only one without love fading for this car? 245,000 miles on mine from stock, to street machine to back to stock. I'm not sick of this car at all. Even when it seems like 10 little things tend to break at once about twice a year, I have never considered selling the car or trading it. Ever.

A day will come where I need a new daily driver, but right now, even given better finances, I wouldn't want another car. Not even another Marauder with 100,000 less miles. My car is my car.

You can keep your CTS's and CTS-Vs. While they are better for performance they are ugly to me and not as impressive when they are modified, because we all know from the start they are more capable and in my eyes, it's as impressive.

I hope you find a Marauder number 4. It seems like as the line of ownerships of these machines goes up, lack of care increases, in most cases.

Mine is one owner and it will remain that way until my death.

Happy Maraudering to all.

the fat bastid
12-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Am I the only one without love fading for this car?

I'm with you man. I love knowing that I know where my car has been for every mile on the odometer. Never giving it up. I give the steering wheel a hug whenever I get her back from having a rental.

Spectragod
12-09-2016, 09:45 PM
If you only knew :P

I'm not sure why you feel like you've got to get in every one's business. You always got to put your two cents in. And most of the time it's not positive.

OH wait..... That's right.....your cars for sale......for 50 G's....Oh wait... I got parts to sell you.....5 times what they are really worth....ha ha look at me....I got something you want and you don't have it.....na ne na ne boo boo.

We've all been listening to that crap for years from you. Get a life and don't be boastful. For some reason you think you are holier than thou.

No one is in your business, if you don't want people to know your business, don't post on a public forum.

My car is for sale, but not for 50k, and certainly not for the 20 you offered prior to buying your third MM. at least I got to hear your life story, and how you would keep it forever, as your a enthusiast blah blah blah. Apparently a year or less is forever.

Parts, yep once again, if you try to beg something from me that I don't want to sell, the price will be high, many on this board have gotten deals, but those were on parts I had that were spares, not 1 extra that I had for my car.

For certain I have something you'll never have, common sense.

MMBLUE
12-10-2016, 07:42 AM
No one is in your business, if you don't want people to know your business, don't post on a public forum. First of all what you are about to say in your next words was NOT posted on a public forum it was discussed in a private conversation with Barry. Which I thought was a private conversation. So you spewing at the mouth something that wasn't and still isn't any of your business is what I'm talking about. Apparently, your the ONE who doesn't have common sense enough to keep that to yourself.certainly not for the 20 you offered prior to buying your third MM. at least I got to hear your life story, and how you would keep it forever, as your a enthusiast blah blah blah. Apparently a year or less is forever. If you only knew what you were talking about. First off Mr. enthusiast, how would you like to have a Marauder that shook like crazy going down the street, had green doors on it, black paint peeling off, and a host of other stuff wrong with it. Ask yourself, would you be happy with it? When what you thought you were buying blind from somebody was a car that was crappier than you thought? I don't think so :flamer:

Parts, yep once again, if you try to beg something from me that I don't want to sell, the price will be high, Shame on those poor beggars, you should feel so Superior many on this board have gotten deals,I bet you really feel good about yourself that you could bring such satisfaction but those were on parts I had that were spares, not 1 extra that I had for my car.Ah such a boastful one you are

For certain I have something you'll never have, common sense.Like I said, you don't know the whole story behind #3. Now you know more of it. I bought it from a member here and don't feel as though I should run him though the mud about the car that I bought. Now that's common sense ;) !! What you don't have

Insulting my decision to move on with #3 because of what a beat up not to my liking car and spewing crap out of your pie hole that shouldn't been said from a private conversation, Just because you feel like you have to pound your chest and put your two cents in to feel better about yourself, isn't common sense.

You are a senior member on this forum, just as I am. I apologize if I don't fit the mold of your definition of enthusiast. I guess, owning three Marauders for the past 11 or so years driving them together for 200K miles, modding them and everything else, isn't sufficient for your liking. Needless to say, that type of rhetoric coming out of a senior member on this forum is disappointing.

blkZooM
12-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Buy another Marauder and LS swap the hell out of it, and call it a day. Those engines are just too impressive to ignore. They make good power N/A or Boosted and are now extremely easy to boost, with their version of an Eaton swap a Lsa blower swap. They easily fit in our cars, are cheap, can be found anywhere, easy to mod and can handle a ton of hp in stock form both engine and trans. Those engines with smaller pulley, cams normally make high 500 to low to mid 600 hp @ the wheels

The parts already exist to get it done, it's been done before so it's nothing new, and you get to still enjoy driving a Marauder everyday just with more power and money in your pocket. Matter of fact I'm most likely going to buy some Mustang to LS brackets tomorrow, throw them in a corner and continue to do research.

Buy an Appradio 4 head unit and enjoy bunch of new stuff in a old car with new found power.

Shaijack
12-11-2016, 08:18 PM
MMBlue our conversation was confidential. Only you and know what was said.
Comes with a nifty car cover. Looks so good

MMBLUE
12-12-2016, 05:35 AM
MMBlue our conversation was confidential. Only you and know what was said.
Comes with a nifty car cover. Looks so good

Thanks Barry.

Seems we aren't going to be coming to a deal.

I've decided to move on.

MMBLUE
12-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Buy another Marauder and LS swap the hell out of it, and call it a day. Those engines are just too impressive to ignore. They make good power N/A or Boosted and are now extremely easy to boost, with their version of an Eaton swap a Lsa blower swap. They easily fit in our cars, are cheap, can be found anywhere, easy to mod and can handle a ton of hp in stock form both engine and trans. Those engines with smaller pulley, cams normally make high 500 to low to mid 600 hp @ the wheels

The parts already exist to get it done, it's been done before so it's nothing new, and you get to still enjoy driving a Marauder everyday just with more power and money in your pocket. Matter of fact I'm most likely going to buy some Mustang to LS brackets tomorrow, throw them in a corner and continue to do research.

Buy an Appradio 4 head unit and enjoy bunch of new stuff in a old car with new found power.

LS swaps are intriguing. I love what Cameronvic did with his CV.

Not for me though.

cer0413
12-12-2016, 07:07 AM
Am I the only one without love fading for this car? 245,000 miles on mine from stock, to street machine to back to stock. I'm not sick of this car at all. Even when it seems like 10 little things tend to break at once about twice a year, I have never considered selling the car or trading it. Ever.

A day will come where I need a new daily driver, but right now, even given better finances, I wouldn't want another car. Not even another Marauder with 100,000 less miles. My car is my car.

You can keep your CTS's and CTS-Vs. While they are better for performance they are ugly to me and not as impressive when they are modified, because we all know from the start they are more capable and in my eyes, it's as impressive.

I hope you find a Marauder number 4. It seems like as the line of ownerships of these machines goes up, lack of care increases, in most cases.

Not at all.
Failed Engine: got a new one
N/a: Got boost
Exterior damage: Still want the car
You're not alone bro.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Not at all.
You're not alone bro.

Same. No matter how much of a PITA some things seem to be, I never plan to part with it.
:beer:

justbob
12-12-2016, 04:58 PM
Not at all.
You're not alone bro.

You have a new build with probably 96 miles on it. Come back in a couple years. [emoji4]

8UWITH6
12-13-2016, 08:11 PM
You have a new build with probably 96 miles on it. Come back in a couple years. [emoji4]

Fing right doggy LOLOLz. Minez is about to go boom! Zero given.

MMblue, hope you find a Marauder. They are out there. I have nothing further to add. :) :beer:

stevengerard
12-13-2016, 08:39 PM
coming up on 13 years, still happy with mine!

25 with the 442!

through good times and bad!!

88CuttyClassic
12-14-2016, 06:06 AM
coming up on 13 years, still happy with mine!

25 with the 442!

through good times and bad!!

Another Maruader/Olds guys :up:

stevengerard
12-14-2016, 08:51 AM
Another Maruader/Olds guys :up:

Used to be a Buick guy too, had a 70 Wildcat - talk about a sleeper, that's what my Marauder reminds me of except my Wildcat was a two door, a cool car you hardly ever saw - just like the MM now-a-days. Was looking for a GS stage 1, stage 2, GSX, or W30, found the W30. One day I hope to have a GS or a 70 Wildcat convertible.

Wow, and just noticed you won best in class this year - congrats!! I'm no q-tip guy but certainly appreciate it - takes a lot of work and dedication!

Shaijack
12-14-2016, 08:09 PM
I wished up. Traded the black for a SmartKar. Only had to come up with 10k. I am happy now.

Shaijack
12-14-2016, 08:10 PM
Wised up not wished up.

RubberCtyRauder
12-14-2016, 10:18 PM
I wished up. Traded the black for a SmartKar. Only had to come up with 10k. I am happy now.

Barry , did you get the smart fart option? you would still have boost:D

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu92/mdnos/maxresdefault_zpsxovai9qq.jpg

88CuttyClassic
12-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Used to be a Buick guy too, had a 70 Wildcat - talk about a sleeper, that's what my Marauder reminds me of except my Wildcat was a two door, a cool car you hardly ever saw - just like the MM now-a-days. Was looking for a GS stage 1, stage 2, GSX, or W30, found the W30. One day I hope to have a GS or a 70 Wildcat convertible.

Wow, and just noticed you won best in class this year - congrats!! I'm no q-tip guy but certainly appreciate it - takes a lot of work and dedication!

my Hurst has 80K on it and i drive it to every event. I usually lose points on the cleanliness because i'm not that kinda guy either lol. I usually make it up on originality. I spent a lot of money on NOS parts when i restored it. the thing thats nice about the OCA is once you win BOC in Jr, you move up to senior. when you win BOC in Sr you move up to senior preservation. I won BOC in junior because i wasnt up against trailer queen cars with 3k miles. I know my car has peaked winning BOC in Jr. It will probably never win in Sr but my goal is to still score in the first place range. Theoretically thou i could luck up at Nationals and have a year in SR class where no one else shows. lol, the 12C (83/84 Hurst) class is relatively small. the class your car would be in is by far and away the largest and most competitive.

Shaijack
12-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Yes the tube going in my butt was uncomfortable at first but you get used to it. Joe showed me how to install it.

MMBLUE
12-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Yes the tube going in my butt was uncomfortable at first but you get used to it. Joe showed me how to install it.

Was it a video tutorial ?:P