PDA

View Full Version : The travelling license plate challenge

MGDriver
12-21-2016, 05:55 AM
I've seen this been done in a few other car forums including the folks over at CrownVic.net where I particiapted in one of these myself which I thought was great fun so I thought how about we start one off over here as well.

The Challenge:
I've recently got new plates on my car and wasn't really sure what to do with the old ones until I came up with this idea. Sending it off on a journey through the hands of various Marauder owners all around the world. The concept is quite simple: Receive the plate, take a photo with it on your car in a cool place local to you and send it off to the next person. The idea being that at the end we would have a nice gallery of pictures showing this plate on various beautiful Marauders in great places all around the globe.

The Plate:
A German two line license plate off my Marauder sized 10 x 5 inches which makes it easy to ship. Normally these type of plates are used for motorcycles but American and Japanese imports can get a permission to run them if the long standard European size plates do not fit into the designated mounting locations on the vehicle. Techically I shouldn't have a small plate on the front since a long plate would fit just fine if I took the plastic bracket off but I told officials that the bracket was a permanently attached part of the car that couldn't be removed and they believed me, ha!

The Rules:

Receive the plate from the previous keeper either in person or by mail.
Mount the plate to your car, perferably your Marauder but other Panther platform vehicles are also accepted. You will have to be creative in the way you mount the plate since it does not have any mounting holes, please do not drill any.
Take a photo of the plate on your car in a location you have choosen, this can be a landmark in your area, a local event, car shows or whatever else you can come up with. Again, be creative!
Numerous cars and photos are allowed, after the main photo has been taken you can put it on anything. It's all about fun and games so just play with it while you can.
Upload your photos into this thread so everyone can follow the plates path.
Sign the back of the plate with your screen name, location and date.
Pass it on to the next keeper, either in person or by mail. Do not keep this plate, it must contine to travel! Maximum time allowed in ones possession is 1 week.

Everybody who likes to join this challenge please reply to this thread, the plates route will be established by the order of your replies. First reply will receive the plate from me after New Years who will then pass it on to the second replier and so on.

Ready? Let's go!

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1052280/fullsize/dscn1728.jpg

sailsmen
12-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Send it out to see who sets a record for the number of speeding, red lite runs and parking tickets.

The plate owner reports how many from each area and whoever gets the most pays all the fines and late penalties.;)

Keep sending it back to the record area and who ever gets booted first can keep the plate.

Mebot
12-21-2016, 07:24 AM
I like the idea although many folks have their Marauders in garage for winter. You may only get southern folks for now or wait until spring?

Otherwise I'm in:

Seattle WA

justbob
12-21-2016, 06:30 PM
My car has been up in the rafters for at least three months with no ambition to fix it. Not much of a landmark LOL (but it's becoming one)

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

guspech750
12-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Sounds like fun.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Shaijack
12-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Billy what a great idea. If someone sends one to me I will try to get 50 red light tickets

MGDriver
12-22-2016, 07:52 AM
I like the idea although many folks have their Marauders in garage for winter. You may only get southern folks for now or wait until spring?

Otherwise I'm in:

Seattle WA

I didn't think about that, I'm too poor to garage my car for winter because I can only afford one car, haha!

But I was thinking to perhaps let it run for a year so with that in mind we could start in the south and work our way up north as the year progresses.

Having just checked with my local DMV my old plate number is available again so whoever chooses that number might have some fun if you guys are doing a red light run competition with it.

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-22-2016, 10:42 AM
My car has been up in the rafters for at least three months with no ambition to fix it. Not much of a landmark LOL (but it's becoming one)

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Sell me that pile. :D

SILVERSURFER03
12-22-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm in .... 631 bethel road Clinton tn 37716

MGDriver
12-23-2016, 12:50 AM
That's cool I'm glad you're in but I would strongly advise not to post your address online for everyone to see.

Mr. Man
12-23-2016, 07:40 AM
That's cool I'm glad you're in but I would strongly advise not to post your address online for everyone to see.
He expects you to bring pizza and beer if you visit.;)