PDA

View Full Version : guy beats the **** out of turbo vic with 0 tuning, acts surprised when it blows up

Chayton
12-29-2016, 08:01 PM
sure would suck putting in all that work, only to ruin it all for what? 4 psi of boost and some fat burnouts LOL
This is why you leave the tuning to the pros (AKA MARTYO)

P4LWJ7Nklm8

WPG_Merc
12-29-2016, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE
This is why you leave the tuning to the pros (AKA MARTYO) [/QUOTE]

:agree::2thumbs: I did 4 road trips to Marty's to get it all done right with awesome results & support.:bows:

mattdohc
12-29-2016, 09:41 PM
yeah I hear you marty all the way. he has remote tuned 2 of my supercharged marauders. both times I was happy. and i'll be haven him tune #3 in the near future.

JBeezy
12-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Like the way that Turbo sounds though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CoreyM75
12-29-2016, 11:25 PM
In the guys defense, it was a former CVPI and then a used taxi with 250k. The motor was mostly dead before he bought it. I don't think he was going for anything but a burnout car for a few months. And it does a nice two wheel burnout.

Chayton
12-29-2016, 11:32 PM
In the guys defense, it was a former CVPI and then a used taxi with 250k. The motor was mostly dead before he bought it. I don't think he was going for anything but a burnout car for a few months. And it does a nice two wheel burnout.

agreed. It is unfortunate it only lasted for a day :violin:

CoreyM75
12-30-2016, 12:53 AM
agreed. It is unfortunate it only lasted for a day :violin:

I didn't think it would have made it back from where he bought it. It was a high mile used taxi, those are always beat to death and ready for the junkyard. For what he paid for that car he could have gotten a decent'ish CVPI that would have held up better than that.

Turbov6Bryan
12-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Actually it's a contest between him and hagardy garage, the other guys built a turbo grand marquis Burnoits are January 1

I've watched all the videos from beginning to last night from both groups!

So he was having issues with timing, he screwed up and selected e85 and pump gas mix allowing timing to be at 26 degrees vs 12-13 at wide open throttle AND he admits it in the video. He was just too impatient not to beat on it :(

The GM is a ............ very interesting build lmao. If you watch the GM build, it's like watching toddlers build a rocket ship. Serious. But it's all for bragging rights. There's 2 accounts with vids on the GM

To tune the GM so far they installed a FMU and a wideband

Turbov6Bryan
12-30-2016, 09:06 AM
Here is the GM

https://youtu.be/YPvlqOovU_M

MERCURY 2003LSE
12-30-2016, 10:10 AM
Here is the GM

https://youtu.be/YPvlqOovU_M

I like the Grand Marq build , check out episode 8 :D

Turbov6Bryan
12-30-2016, 11:56 AM
I like the Grand Marq build , check out episode 8 :D

I've watched all the episodes as they have been rolling them out :)

Roku box has all my YouTube channels set to play each tube subscription as people make them, so the past few weeks has been interesting

I haven't watched anything since 11 last night. Maybe Haggard garage put up a video in the last 14 hours... I don't recall the episode number lol

The orange vic guy has quite a few toys, I have a lot of respect for that guy

Chayton
12-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Actually it's a contest between him and hagardy garage, the other guys built a turbo grand marquis Burnoits are January 1

I've watched all the videos from beginning to last night from both groups!

So he was having issues with timing, he screwed up and selected e85 and pump gas mix allowing timing to be at 26 degrees vs 12-13 at wide open throttle AND he admits it in the video. He was just too impatient not to beat on it :(

The GM is a ............ very interesting build lmao. If you watch the GM build, it's like watching toddlers build a rocket ship. Serious. But it's all for bragging rights. There's 2 accounts with vids on the GM

To tune the GM so far they installed a FMU and a wideband

LOL! youre right. sad to say it looks like the toddlers are winning tho

hotford
12-30-2016, 02:07 PM
stupid is stupid does.......................... .

GoldPanther
12-30-2016, 09:55 PM
All these feelings. Haggards lost me completely when they welded the rear differential dears.

Turbov6Bryan
12-31-2016, 07:29 AM
All these feelings. Haggards lost me completely when they welded the rear differential dears.

They welded the spider gears. Those gears in a turn are what allow the inside tire to spin faster than the outer tire

Our cars have a clutch posi, so it releases while turning and you don't even feel it

So that car was a non posi, welding the spider gears is effectively locking left and right axles so it creates a locker/ full spool. It's a quick poor mans way of making both tires spin ALL the time

Hope that helps

Zack
12-31-2016, 09:13 AM
It sure how anyone can find a bad thing to say about these guys. They have a shop we all dream of, make junk go fast, have fun doing it and don't care if it blows up.

justbob
12-31-2016, 09:49 AM
It sure how anyone can find a bad thing to say about these guys. They have a shop we all dream of, make junk go fast, have fun doing it and don't care if it blows up.

Huge +1

Although I've never seen their shop, or cars for that matter, who wouldn't like taking a step back to easy street AND have the space and tools to dream **** up??

However, I still can't figure out how welding your gears is a benefit?? LOL

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161231/c16e88da4c5366ccf612945fa7226d 67.jpg

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Chayton
01-01-2017, 09:41 PM

lol. no bad joo joo here zack. Just thought it would be a good example to share with all about the importance of proper tuning and what can happen if you don't! Also interesting, they did end up pulling the motor and dropping in another 4.6...shoulda thrown a 4V in!