PDA

View Full Version : I Drove My First Marauder Today

woaface
05-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, first off, I'm in less trouble than I thought I'd be, but I'm still in some deep ***** whenever my dad gets home. But at least my mom is in a good mood. I may or may not be on the boards a lot for the next week at least, I'm not quite sure. I'm definitely not going to have the car for personal use for the next month. I just happen to be able to get the computer now.

Deal is, I went to see Todd today in Anderson County (the county next door) and met up with him and saw the first set of Metco control arms installed today. MAN are the beautiful! Todd was extremely impressed with the car afterwards..."It's really flat, it feel's so tight" He had a smile going from ear to ear the second we got out onto the road. Well, I know I grabbed the oh ***** handle more than a few times!

On the way between Metco and the shop where Metco has a lift, Todd let me drive. The car was just amazing! I've never driven anything faster and I was just floored at how it performed. I don't know about cubes, but once I hit 20 or 30mph that thing started pullin' like no tomorrow. Credit where it's due; Todd is the first member to let me drive his car AND I helped with the install of the arms...when you guys see them say "WOW, look at the STICKERS!"

I also was nervous thinking that the car might get away from me in the sense that I wasn't read for it, but the car threw no suprises other than me saying "HOLY CRAP!" It was a predictable car and I felt comfortable behind the wheel. I'm suprised Todd felt comfortable with me behind the wheel:D

But the car is a lot better than the Infiniti G35 I've driven and the 2004 Acura TL I've been driven around in. The pedals and steering wheel were just right, perfect...the brakes didn't throw you in the wind-shield the second you touched them like the G35, but man they would stop that car quick! The gas pedal felt really good as well. And the steering feel/control was awesome.

I also asked if I could even just learn a little bit about the big secret and because I'm cool he told me. Ya'll are gonna ***** your pants when they finish his car. It's such a pity I forgot my camera:alone:

Anyways, I guess I'll be chatting with you all shortly enough! I sure have a lot more respect for my car now, and a whole new lot of love for the Marauder:rock:

-James

P.S. after I got in trouble my mom said "Don't rush everything, just wait your turn, you'll definitely need a car by the time you're 18"

MARAUDERCHICK
05-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Todd is the first member to let me drive his car
:depress: Once again....Todd takes away my glory!!!:shake:

Ross
05-27-2004, 02:06 PM
NOW you know what all the fuss is about, James!

TAF
05-27-2004, 02:16 PM
More to come...I'll put together a thread...but in one sentence..."I'll take ANYBODY on in the "twisties" now!!!!

woaface
05-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I should also mentioned, with Todd's eibach springs, sway bars and the control arms installed, the ride of the car didn't seem at all sacraficed...it seemed in fact smoother. Of course, I was only around the car for an hour, but it was a lot nicer ride than my car, and it handled very well and was extremely responsive.

MARAUDERCHICK
05-27-2004, 02:18 PM
More to come...I'll put together a thread...but in one sentence..."I'll take ANYBODY on in the "twisties" now!!!!
One word..................SWEET!!! !:bounce:

teamrope
05-27-2004, 02:41 PM
WOW, look at the STICKERS! (Hows that James?) :D

MYSTA KANG
05-27-2004, 02:57 PM
NICE

And the stickers are off the chain! MAN!

woaface
05-27-2004, 02:57 PM
You 2 got that right:rock:

TAF
05-27-2004, 03:10 PM
More pics in the Gallery....thread to come. (also, look for some "reveal" of the Metco cold-air kit final fitting...thread to come on that, as well!)
http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/83IMG_0889.JPG (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/3312/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/last1)

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=500/83IMG_0893.JPG (http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/3317/password/263233a0dd0b5fe0053e90d33d4b6b a0/sort/1/cat/last1)

RCSignals
05-27-2004, 03:23 PM
so James, why are you in trouble? For associating with Todd?

Fourth Horseman
05-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Wow, they look great! I didn't think they'd show up so well through the wheel well, but they do! Fantastic. I'm eagerly awaiting mine.

dwasson
05-27-2004, 04:07 PM

Next time I'm in Tennessee we HAVE to talk. I thought that I was the only one here who cared what happened when you had to turn the steering wheel.

Check it out: Tail of the Dragon (http://tailofthedragon.com/)

woaface
05-27-2004, 06:23 PM
so James, why are you in trouble? For associating with Todd?
1.) Not being where I told my mom I'd be, and being somewhere I probably wouldn't be allowed to go (30-40 minutes away in the next county over
2.) Being late. Had there not been a miscommunication of times, and my mom would have realized I was 30 minutes late not 2 hours late, this would have never happened.
3.) Being with someone she does not know with my cell turned off and no clue as to where/how to get ahold of me just incase.

But things have been smoothed over since and the sentence was reduced to

1.) This was stupid, give me the keys and go to your room.

RCSignals
05-27-2004, 06:40 PM
3.) Being with someone she does not know with my cell turned off and no clue as to where/how to get ahold of me just incase.

But things have been smoothed over since and the sentence was reduced to

1.) This was stupid, give me the keys and go to your room.
So it was for associating with Todd!

Well, looks like you still have Internut access.....

woaface
05-27-2004, 06:56 PM
So it was for associating with Todd!

Well, looks like you still have Internut access.....
That and a phone...just grounded from the car for personal use for a few weeks. I just figured out the magic words to woo my parents...nothing. The more I feel bad about not telling my parents, and me not yelling back and arguing with them over it, the less angry they seem to be...

TAF
05-27-2004, 07:22 PM
...just grounded from the car for personal use for a few weeks...
But...was it worth it James? ;)

CRUZTAKER
05-27-2004, 07:30 PM
"I'll take ANYBODY on in the "twisties" now!!!!
I dunno...that's an awfull broad statement. I hope you have more secrets, cause after the twisties...things get straight again.:P

woaface
05-27-2004, 07:34 PM
But...was it worth it James? ;)
Oh hell yeah...sir.:rock:

RCSignals
05-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Maybe Todd will drop by and hang out :)

Haggis
05-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Maybe Todd will drop by and hang out :)

What are you trying to get him grounded for LIFE now.