PDA

View Full Version : Snow shovel query?

Mr. Man
02-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Out shoveling the snow today. It turned into that back breaking heavy stuff and Eric is done.:geezer: Question though, I have both a plastic ergo shovel as well as an aluminum pusher. The heavy snow sticks to both of them. Do any of you peeps know of or have trick that makes the snow not stick to the shovel? I was thinking maybe a silicone spray, but thought I'd see what you peeps do.

Thanks. :)

tobiasg1995
02-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Pam spray, has worked in the past for me

There is no off position on my genius switch.

Marauderjack
02-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Move further South and forgedaboudit!!:beer:;)

Shornaday
02-09-2017, 01:58 PM
What about waxing the shovel. Been a long time since I shoveled or even seen any amount of snow. Take some pictures for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

larryo340
02-09-2017, 02:00 PM
I try not to shovel, but when I do I use WD-40 :up:

justbob
02-09-2017, 02:27 PM
My shovel came with a 6.5 hp to keep it from sticking. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crouse
02-09-2017, 02:52 PM
Move further South and forgedaboudit!!:beer:;)

Or further north.

fastblackmerc
02-09-2017, 03:13 PM
Silicone spray, wax, WD40 or SD40..... or leave the shovel out overnight so it gets cold.

Mr. Man
02-09-2017, 03:17 PM
I'll try some of those idea's. My initial thought was to get a neighborhood teenager but they aren't interested in work.

Mr. Man
02-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Move further South and forgedaboudit!!:beer:;)Can't take the oppressive Summer humidity or the garbage can sized bugs.

Bluerauder
02-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Pam spray, has worked in the past..

This works ... But not for very long. After a few pushes, it needs to be re sprayed. Not really cost effective compared to the bang and just knock it off method.

Bluerauder
02-09-2017, 05:10 PM
I'll try some of those idea's. My initial thought was to get a neighborhood teenager but they aren't interested in work.

I made a ton of money shoveling snow when I was a teen. I wasn't always able to get movie or entertainment money from my mother and father back then.

Marauderjack
02-10-2017, 03:19 AM
Can't take the oppressive Summer humidity or the garbage can sized bugs.

You have a point.......the BUGS will be FUN this Summer since WINTER has been so mild!!:mad2::argue:

Further North to drier SNOW maybe??:beer:

tobiasg1995
02-10-2017, 04:14 AM
You have a point.......the BUGS will be FUN this Summer since WINTER has been so mild!!:mad2::argue:

Further North to drier SNOW maybe??[emoji481]
When you see bees and ants in January here in Ohio means we're in for a treat this summer with bugs.

There is no off position on my genius switch.

martyo
02-10-2017, 05:24 AM
What is this snow yiu soeak of? :confused:

jsignorelli
02-10-2017, 05:41 AM
I rub the shovel prior to the snow storm with a oily rag that has synthetic oil on it.

In addition, I let it watch me use my 30 inch dual stage Ariens EFI snow blower.

"Da Beast" starts every time, as there is no carb to gum up nor a choke to make me crazy.

Gryphonzus
02-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Marty I hear it is some sort of white powdery substance that gives you brain freeze if you snort it.

jsignorelli
02-10-2017, 07:40 AM
That white powdery substance coats the bag of Zeppoles at the county fair. YUM!

Fastbob
02-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Take the snow shovel and head South until somebody asks what that snow shovel is. Then you will have gone far enough.....

Shornaday
02-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Amazing the difference in kids now vs my time growing up. Heck, I had a paper route, mowed grass, or shoveled snow, worked part time for a small grocery store, summer months worked for the town, and helped put up hay for local farmers. Plus helped my dad in the gardens and helped him out on a Sunday paper route. [emoji6]

Marauderman
02-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Amazing the difference in kids now vs my time growing up. Heck, I had a paper route, mowed grass, or shoveled snow, worked part time for a small grocery store, summer months worked for the town, and helped put up hay for local farmers. Plus helped my dad in the gardens and helped him out on a Sunday paper route. [emoji6]

^^^^^^Exactly-----In high school worked after school at ice cream store dipping it into cones for customers for I believe $1.25hr..iand I thought that was wonderful money -----imagine that---kids today --no work--its all play with tech stuff--with hand out from the parents who themselves were the same way.....

martyo
02-10-2017, 11:10 AM

You just described my childhood.

Shornaday
02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
And it was a pretty good life even if we didn't know it at the time. Oh yes I was getting $0.75 cents per hour. Dad always taught the finer things. He brought home a push lawnmower "18 in" cut and told me to start mowing yards and I would pay him back. Don't know if I ever did pay it off, but it was a lessoned learned. Ahhh, but now we are staying away from the snow issue. Sorry Mr. Mann...

Mr. Man
02-10-2017, 02:30 PM

I did most of that stuff as well. Worst part of farm life was loading Timothy hay. Itchy, dirty, would get everywhere on you. I'd blow that stuff out of my nose for days. Best part was who needs a gym membership.:cool:

Shornaday
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Worst part was having to be the person in the hay loft stacking the bales. Your right about not needing a gym. Course the only gym available was at the school which was locked up most of the time.

J-MAN
02-11-2017, 04:38 AM
Late to the party but, it's a scientific fact that women are better suited for snow shoveling. Ever hear of a woman having a heart attack shoveling snow?

Ms. Denmark
02-11-2017, 05:23 AM
Late to the party but, it's a scientific fact that women are better suited for snow shoveling. Ever hear of a woman having a heart attack shoveling snow?
So the answer is, forget the shovel and get out the wife? :D