PDA

View Full Version : How many remember the Lincoln Zephyr???

cruzer
05-27-2004, 08:25 PM
I was at my dealership today and the sales manager handed me their factory newsletter. It featured the 2005 cars and also a full page on the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. It will have a 3.0l V6 with a 6-speed . It will be FWD with AWD after launch :confused: :down: :down: :down: . It also mentioned there would be a "companion" Mercury vehicle released at the same time. If this is the new Marauder---FORGET IT ! :bs: If they are going to put the Marauder logo on it--it's gotta be a RWD !!!! Anybody else got any info ????

Donny Carlson
05-27-2004, 08:30 PM
I was at my dealership today and the sales manager handed me their factory newsletter. It featured the 2005 cars and also a full page on the 2006 Lincoln Zephyr. It will have a 3.0l V6 with a 6-speed . It will be FWD with AWD after launch :confused: :down: :down: :down: . It also mentioned there would be a "companion" Mercury vehicle released at the same time. If this is the new Marauder---FORGET IT ! :bs: If they are going to put the Marauder logo on it--it's gotta be a RWD !!!! Anybody else got any info ????
I was speculating with the Toddmeister about the Zephyr. It's being priced at the Grand Marquis level, and i'm surprised that LM is going to offer a Mercury variant. My speculation was that, because there was no "Job 1" date for GM's, and (at the time) there was a rumour that the Crown Vic would be fleet only, that Mercury would kill the GM (like it has in Canada), giving its product placement to the Zephyr.

RCSignals
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
I agree they are making a mistake in introducing another FWD vehicle. This new Zephyr should be a RWD package, with an AWD offering.

From what I've seen it is not a replacement for the Panther line. In fact I've seen talk that the Lincoln Continental will be based on the Panther platform.

TripleTransAm
05-27-2004, 09:17 PM
...that Mercury would kill the GM (like it has in Canada),

HUH???
Since when??

RCSignals
05-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Steve, he must mean the Crown Victoria

bigslim
05-27-2004, 10:07 PM
The new Zephyr will be based on the Mazda 6 chassis on drivetran. It will be built along side of the new Ford (previously named Futura) and a Mercury offering. It will be offered in front-wheel and all-wheel drive.

MICA Racing
05-27-2004, 10:32 PM
That would make one beautiful car if they would use a rear-drive platform. The return of RWD is coming - witness the 300C/Magnum, the new Cadillac ST-series, not to metion the CTS (Catera Touring Sedan - remember the little duck & the 'Caddy that zigs'?). I just hope FMC gets on board quick, because no one chooses FWD anymore - the American public outgrew that lie years ago. There just aren't many choices out there yet for the average consumer - not everyone wants a MM, and although I don't understand, that's OK with me - we know.:cool4:

bigslim
05-27-2004, 10:34 PM
There is suppose to be a high performance ( maybe SVT) all-wheel drive model.

RandomMan
05-27-2004, 11:10 PM
There is a new Mercury due out in '05. The Montego name will be re-introduced on the new FWD/AWD platform that the Ford 500 will be built on. These cars will be replacing the Taurus and Sable. Chances are the Lincoln Zephyr here will be in that same group, becoming the new low-end Lincoln.

-Rob

bigslim
05-27-2004, 11:26 PM
There is a new Mercury due out in '05. The Montego name will be re-introduced on the new FWD/AWD platform that the Ford 500 will be built on. These cars will be replacing the Taurus and Sable. Chances are the Lincoln Zephyr here will be in that same group, becoming the new low-end Lincoln.

-Rob
It will be the low-end Lincoln. The shared Ford and Mercury will be marketed at the lower end of the mid-sized market. The Five Hundred and Montego are marketed at the upper end of the mid-sized market.

rookie1
05-28-2004, 06:18 AM
I thought those pix looked a whole lot like the 500.

What a hideous interior, round gauges in square bezels? looks like my brothers '93 Cavalier dash.

stevengerard
05-28-2004, 06:45 AM
I thought those pix looked a whole lot like the 500.

What a hideous interior, round gauges in square bezels? looks like my brothers '93 Cavalier dash.

Yuk, you are correct, or any other 80's GM. I really like the exterior looks though.