PDA

View Full Version : Best auto transport companies

svtrichie
02-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Needing to transport a car from Detroit Michigan to Phoenix arizona. Probably enclosed. What companies do you recommend.

BAD MERC
02-21-2017, 05:48 PM
I don't trust any of them!! When I sold my car I recorded them loading it onto the carrier. Right up the ramps and BONK into the car in front of it. The shop I worked at was in a plaza with a car shipper, too and on a daily basis we'd see them racing the cars up and down the street then right onto a third party shippers truck. Download a valet tune, take a pic of the odometer and roll the dice.

RubberCtyRauder
02-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Reliable Carriers, they are not cheap, but they dont "f" stuff up. they do all the mecum, barrett jackson etc auctions, all the concour shiw, pebble beach etc. they hauled my marauder from mn to mos in ga. and will haul it again soon

RubberCtyRauder
02-21-2017, 06:12 PM
I don't trust any of them!! When I sold my car I recorded them loading it onto the carrier. Right up the ramps and BONK into the car in front of it. The shop I worked at was in a plaza with a car shipper, too and on a daily basis we'd see them racing the cars up and down the street then right onto a third party shippers truck. Download a valet tune, take a pic of the odometer and roll the dice.

stay away from 3rd party carriers, pay up and use reliable carriers, passport transport, intercity lines

svtrichie
02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Looks like it will be Reliable. I can drop and pick up at their terminals which isn't far from me for $1110 enclosed. Intercity is like 1895 door to door.

Coolumpia
12-25-2022, 06:19 PM
I've had good luck with A1 Auto Transport (https://www.a1autotransport.com/enclosed/) for long distance/enclosed. Used them twice over the past couple years and did a great job both times. Definitely would be my choice if I had to do it again, but it's always a good practice to explore other pricing options with something like this. My experience is that the pricing tends to be slightly different depending on who you talk to (which company I mean).

Coolumpia
12-25-2022, 06:21 PM
NM didn't catch the date on the original post.

Peace2Peep
12-27-2022, 12:58 PM
I have learned few if no carriers insure items left in the vehicle....LEAVE NOTHING in the vehicle! (I have shipped dozens of cars over the last 10 years).