PDA

View Full Version : Import Boost

woaface
05-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I was watching powerblock today on spike TV (what a cool channel). They had a special edition called "Boost" all about import cars. They even said "It's the new American tradition"...whatever. Anyways, first car they showed was a supercharged Toyota Celica. 160 something horses and 140 something pound feet. Guess what the grand total for interior work, brakes, rims, tires, supercharger, exhaust system, REALLY big body kit, and new paint?

$44 large including the price of the car, $17 grand. Which works the car down the track with a 14.9 second quarter with a 6.2 second to 60:banned:

Then they showed some 9 second civics and they didn't look like 9 second cars going down the track, and they sounded horrible. :shake:

New American tradition my ass:puke:

Haggis
05-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I was watching powerblock today on spike TV (what a cool channel). They had a special edition called "Boost" all about import cars. They even said "It's the new American tradition"...whatever. Anyways, first car they showed was a supercharged Toyota Celica. 160 something horses and 140 something pound feet. Guess what the grand total for interior work, brakes, rims, tires, supercharger, exhaust system, REALLY big body kit, and new paint?

$44 large including the price of the car, $17 grand. Which works the car down the track with a 14.9 second quarter with a 6.2 second to 60:banned:

Then they showed some 9 second civics and they didn't look like 9 second cars going down the track, and they sounded horrible. :shake:

New American tradition my ass:puke:

What can I say James it's the younger gemeration. :nono:
Glad your not like that. :coolman:

woaface
05-29-2004, 12:03 PM
What can I say James it's the younger gemeration. :nono:
Glad your not like that. :coolman:
Well, at least there's still a good handful of younger people like me who still love their American Muscle.

The only way the American Muscle was defeated in races in 2 fast 2 furious, was for the ricers to cheat and run them off the road...:shot:

TripleTransAm
05-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Anyways, first car they showed was a supercharged Toyota Celica. 160 something horses and 140 something pound feet.

$44K US for 160 horses??? WTF? Were they tuning this thing for 78 octane or something?

My cousin took his POS late 80s Nissan 200SX (yes, RWD) and just recently (2-3 months ago) dropped in a Jap spec Skyline motor (don't ask me the specifics ie. engine name, etc... but if interested I can find out) with some custom tweaks. Let's just say the car is dyno'ing more RWHP than my Marauder and my GTA put together. And having only recently found employment within the high tech sector after being laid off about 2 years ago, you can bet my hairy trilingual a$$ it didn't cost him $44K US (he did some side work at a speed shop to carry himself and his family through the rough time, but yes, it still looks like a rusty POS).

$44K US... *sheesh* who are they kidding???

Alas, about the 9 second Hondas... the problem is that most 9 second Hondas (if done right) don't look like 9 second Hondas. They look just like 18 second Hondas until the last yellow... and then you find yourself staring at your timeslip not quite sure how to feel about pulling a mid 13 in your fat loaded factory stock Trans Am. :depress:
(ask me how I'm able to provide so much detail on this scenario *sigh* )

woaface
05-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah for real /steve. I saw the stats and I about choked on my sweet tea. It was FUGLY too. Red and white, and the driver was all like "man this is great, not the greatest spring set up for the street, but it's so much fun!"

Skylines are cool though...as long as they're decent looking. That's that one rice car you gotta watch out for (thank god they don't sell them in the states...yet.) I've seen that engine (without new internals) hold 1200 horses and could barely stay on the dyno...guys were standing on it and all and it still wouldn't sit.

woaface
05-29-2004, 06:50 PM
BTW, we stuck some stickers on a rice car tonight, on the taillights (it'll come of easy) that said this:

Your car is neither fast nor furious!!!
----------------------
Courtesy of:
www.anti-rice.com (http://www.anti-rice.com)
and your local anti-ricers
Chapter 14 of 355
**My fellow brothers/sisters welcome you
to our next meet at the Greenville
American Muscle Club so we can
"kick yo ass in the quata mile"**

It was too funny, and it was a Prelude that was all messed up with the 18 tone paint job. :lol:

NOMARQUIS
05-30-2004, 08:39 AM
All this talk about ricers makes me want to stick a "Maxwell House" can off my muffler, add some blue fog lamps, and stick some chineese lettering on my Topaz. Oh ya, lets not forget a steel 5' tall spoiler that I pop rivited to the trunk. Then I have to get mad at people when they laugh at my car.

What's the world comming to? Ten years ago my crew would have laughed that rice crap off the street. I remember when kids were embarassed to drive a Honda..... Anyway at least you seem normal, James.

"Where's the rest room? I have to take a Honda"

Eric