PDA

View Full Version : Need help with vanity plate

Motorhead350
03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
366 days ago my dad passed and in his final days he asked me to transfer the title of his car to my name so I would get it. The car had a vanity plate that we had for nearly 30 years. Upon title transfer, I transferred the plate to another vehicle I owned. A few months went by and it became apparent the transfer wasn't done properly from the currency exchange. I went back to the currency exchange to straighten out the situation, but after months of this it was apparent that they couldn't do anything because the transfer had to be done before the time of death.

I followed their orders and even contacted Springfield as I was told to do so. All I could do was wait on mail for paperwork that never came. The plate expired and I wasn't allowed a new registration sticker. At that point I gave up because I simply needed current registration to drive and didn't care if I put the old plate on it.

Now the currency exchange will not sell me a sticker to the vanity plate that was never transferred and will not sell me one to the old plate. I'm about to give up all together on the vanity plate, but how can I get a plate on the vehicle I was trying to transfer to?

My only thought now is to get whole new registration and put it under my wife's name.

Any thoughts or suggestion in regards to the matter? Vanity or normal plate.

stevengerard
03-16-2017, 04:11 PM
try going straight to a DMV

RubberCtyRauder
03-16-2017, 04:44 PM
what is a currency exchange in regards to a vehicle? is that an Illinois thing?

justbob
03-16-2017, 06:29 PM
try going straight to a DMV

This^

With your original paperwork/receipt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justbob
03-16-2017, 06:34 PM
what is a currency exchange in regards to a vehicle? is that an Illinois thing?

It's like a western union/check cashing/title loan place. They can handle most basic auto paperwork like plates and title. They closed up most locations by me. It was normally a decent in and out experience but the DMV has really picked up the pace the last few years. I'm normally in and out in under five minutes.

RubberCtyRauder
03-16-2017, 06:48 PM
It's like a western union/check cashing/title loan place. They can handle most basic auto paperwork like plates and title. They closed up most locations by me. It was normally a decent in and out experience but the DMV has really picked up the pace the last few years. I'm normally in and out in under five minutes.

okie dokie, i say too, the dmv direct with ppwk.

Motorhead350
03-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Sounds like the next step.

Thanks!

1Marauder
03-18-2017, 09:38 PM
Have all you stuff in a neat orderly manner, be happy and flirt shamelessly.