PDA

View Full Version : New Dodge Challenger Demon

Ambitious1
04-11-2017, 05:54 PM
New reveal for those interested:

https://www.facebook.com/7346304223/videos/10155202104689224

Spectragod
04-11-2017, 06:34 PM
All well and good, till he meets Mr. Whipple on the street. Then gets his azz beat down by a cab.....just sayin'.

Bigslim1
04-11-2017, 06:47 PM
Pretty damn impressive. To see a manufacturer make a car with these kind of numbers with a warranty is insane. Hats off to Dodge. Now let's see if anyone has an answer to this.

Turbov6Bryan
04-11-2017, 06:57 PM
All well and good, till he meets Mr. Whipple on the street. Then gets his azz beat down by a cab.....just sayin'.

Yours runs better than 9.6 at 140????

PHHHHTT
04-11-2017, 07:29 PM
NEW YORK — The wait is over.
After 13 weeks of hype, Dodge said Tuesday that the Challenger SRT Demon will go on the market with 840 horsepower and 770 pound-feet of torque — the ultimate halo car that car buffs across the country have been awaiting for months.
"This is a car unlike anything we’ve ever done," Tim Kuniskis, head of passenger car brands for Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, said as he reveled the car before about 500 fans and members of the media ahead of the New York International Auto Show. "This car, for the people who race it, who build it and develop it ... will share that pride across more than a track. Demon is another halo that will transcend a core group of enthusiasts."
The reveal of the Dodge Demon brought the racing world, the movie industry, hip-hop and the auto industry together on one stage for a night that those who attended are unlikely to forget.
Race car driver Leah Pritchett, who worked with Dodge engineers to perfect the car, said the hardest thing about her involvement in the Demon project was keeping quiet about it.
“It is fast, it is quick. …this car is the epitome of power,” she said. “Everything has been beefed up. Its sturdy, its stout.”
Dodge said the Demon is the world’s fastest 0-60 production car: It can get there in 2.3 seconds. And from 0-30 m.p.h: 1 second.
Olivier Francois, Fiat Chrysler’s chief marketing officer, talked about Dodge’s partnership with its cars that have appeared in the “Fast and Furious” movies and then brought rapper Wiz Khalifa to the stage.
Then, after the Demon screamed across giant stage in a demonstration of its drag-racing prowess, actor Vin Diesel, star of those movies, walked onto the stage.
"As you know, I have been related to the Dodge family for some time now," Diesel said. "Cars like Demon are why I'm proud to be the new ambassador of Dodge."
The car is barely street legal. In fact, it's basically designed to be driven — rather than hauled — to the local drag strip. To save weight, Dodge removed the front passenger seat and the rear seat. Customers can still buy them as options — for $1 each.
It also consumes premium gasoline and won't run so well on regular gas.Fuel-economy figures were not provided.
Among the unique options: “Front-runner” wheels for use at drag strips, a foam case for those wheels and track tools to help the owner change the wheels.
Production of the limited-edition, single-model-year Challenger SRT Demon is to beginthis summer, with 3,000 planned for the U.S. and 300 for Canada. Deliveries to Dodge/SRT dealers will begin this fall.
The Dodge Demon will appeal to only a small number of buyers but will be of interest to car enthusiasts everywhere. It fits squarely into the strategic direction of the Dodge brand, which is to epitomize an "American performance brand."

I hope Ford will see this and make a street legal version of the Cobra-Jet Mustang. It is faster but currently not street legal.

RubberCtyRauder

Darrin does not have a whipple,

can't run 9.40 at tracks without a rollbar anyway

Shornaday
Let's see, rated at 845 HP, NHRA certified time @ 9.65 and 140 MPH. has its own chiller (Diverts AC to cold air), Banned from competition etc. etc.

Never been a huge fan of Dodge, but sure would like to drive this one. I'd be one of those guys leaving a car show and punching the throttle going wide open with boost and :burn: then loosing it crashing into the crowd. :baaa:

Everyone running over to video tape the action, laughing hilariously, and uploading it to YouTube all at the same time :lol: :rofl:

MyBlackBeasts
04-11-2017, 08:30 PM

Mr Whipple is going to beat 1000hp...

Tell me what else does Mr Whipple have in his back pocket right now... ?

What am I missing?

JBeezy
04-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Pretty impressive for a production car. They set the bar high IMO. What's the price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

justbob
04-11-2017, 08:45 PM
Mr Whipple is going to beat 1000hp...

Tell me what else does Mr Whipple have in his back pocket right now... ?

What am I missing?

IF I remember correctly (it's been awhile) Jerry's whipple car was nearing or in the 800's thru various dyno stages and no where near its true potential when Doug owned it.

But traction is king!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyBlackBeasts
04-11-2017, 09:04 PM
IF I remember correctly (it's been awhile) Jerry's whipple car was nearing or in the 800's thru various dyno stages and no where near its true potential when Doug owned it.

But traction is king!

Yep!!!!!!!

RubberCtyRauder
04-11-2017, 09:26 PM
840 hp on 100 octanhe, 808 hp on 91 octane

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new-york/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-arrives-with-840-horsepower-for-the-track/ar-BBzJWjX?li=BBnb4R5

Spectragod
04-12-2017, 03:23 AM

But traction is king!

Exactly.....that Dodge runs that on the track, that's prepped, that it's banned from, at least till it gets safety equipment.

Jerry's whipple car is what I was referring to, I was with him when he paired up against a high 10 Chevelle on the street, it was a solid race, for 3 feet, then sore loser Chevelle driver for his feelings hurt.

The street is a lot different than a prepped track.

Of course all this happened while we were in Mexico, so no laws were broken.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

Spectragod
04-12-2017, 03:37 AM

Mine runs 16's @ 8mph

71cyclone
04-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Well folks ,this is what happens when a Company has 3 take overs and picks up technology from the likes of Mercedes AMG- Maserati -Ferrari -Fiat and original Mopar engineering with a hand full of X ford players from the Iacocca regime. The end result is a job well done and refusing to go Front drive to shave cost and build time..
Im Just sayin..

Spectragod
04-12-2017, 03:39 AM
Well folks ,this is what happens when a Company has 3 take overs and picks up technology from the likes of Mercedes AMG- Maserati -Ferrari -Fiat and original Mopar engineering with a hand full of X ford players from the Iacocca regime. The end result is a job well done and refusing to go Front drive to shave cost and build time..
Im Just sayin..

^^^this^^^, I'd love to drive one, probably priced north of 100k though. Chances of seeing one on the street? Did they mention manufacturing #'s?

JBeezy
04-12-2017, 04:25 AM
Yes, 3000 U.S.A. and 300 Canada

justbob
04-12-2017, 05:39 AM
^^^this^^^, I'd love to drive one, probably priced north of 100k though. Chances of seeing one on the street? Did they mention manufacturing #'s?

I live in a place that when it's nice out I see a minimum of at least two Lambos, Ferrari's, R8, or what ever happened to see daylight that day. With being said I only seen ONE Hellcat so I highly doubt I'll being seeing much of the Demon.

JBeezy
04-12-2017, 05:52 AM
I never see those cars unless I go to Atlanta. I've only seen one Hellcat around here and that was at the drag strip

jsignorelli
04-12-2017, 06:01 AM
What is the big deal. For much less than what Chrysler is going to charge and then the dealerships "market adjustment fees", you can make a stroker engine (331 Cubes) with a Vortech V-7 YS trim, go to 750 HP and 545 Ft-Lbs of torque.
The 1/4 mile is 10.5 seconds, in a '93 Mustang GT hatchback.

Now when you make a 347 stroker, with a Novi 2000 blower, and place this into the lighter coupe body fox body, you get a faster car, due to the reduced weight.

You still haven't spent what the manufacturer is going to hammer you with.

The only problem... you have to know how to use tools!

JBeezy
04-12-2017, 06:18 AM
What is the big deal. For much less than what Chrysler is going to charge and then the dealerships "market adjustment fees", you can make a stroker engine (331 Cubes) with a Vortech V-7 YS trim, go to 750 HP and 545 Ft-Lbs of torque.

Now when you make a 347 stroker, with a Novi 2000 blower, and place this into the lighter coupe body fox body, you get a faster car, due to the reduced weight.

I like the way you think. Although it's still impressive for a production car. I'd never be able to afford one, but I like the idea

Spectragod
04-12-2017, 08:00 AM
I live in a place that when it's nice out I see a minimum of at least two Lambos, Ferrari's, R8, or what ever happened to see daylight that day. With being said I only seen ONE Hellcat so I highly doubt I'll being seeing much of the Demon.

Must have seen 100 hellcats in Detroit at WDC, crazy.

Chayton
04-12-2017, 08:02 AM

round my parts you see hell cats like theyre going out of style lol

Spectragod
04-12-2017, 08:04 AM
round my parts you see hell cats like theyre going out of style lol

Unlike Marauders that didn't get to the west coast in groves, the Hellcats are.

Mr. Man
04-12-2017, 10:53 AM
Going to be pricey from Dodge then the "mark-up" will be insane for a car that has no point unless you spend more money tearing it apart and putting in all the safety equipment needed to run faster than 9.99.

Bet it still handles like a dump truck if you try and turn the steering wheel like regular Challengers do.

Money no object I'd get one to keep in the Mr. Man garage. For use though I'd rather get something that turns, especially considering cost..

Catfish
04-12-2017, 12:07 PM
I love it. I've been watching all the teaser videos over the past 3 months and now cannot get enough of the pics and articles on the internet. As much as I love Ford products I still consider myself an American car guy and tip my hat to Dodge on the Demon. Ford and Chevy have their work cut out for them. Lets all appreciate these HP wars while they last!

JBeezy
04-12-2017, 12:13 PM
Well said Fish

Ambitious1
04-12-2017, 12:29 PM
I love it... As much as I love Ford products I still consider myself an American car guy and tip my hat to Dodge on the Demon. Ford and Chevy have their work cut out for them. Lets all appreciate these HP wars while they last!

+1 on this. I love big American V8s, with big horsepower and torque numbers, whether it be Dodge, Ford or Chevy. I think these are the kind of cars they should always make.

SGT_MERC
04-12-2017, 01:20 PM
+1 on this. I love big American V8s, with big horsepower and torque numbers, whether it be Dodge, Ford or Chevy. I think these are the kind of cars they should always make.

+2^^^^ Cudos to mopar, I'm lovin the big 3 wars. Ford and Chevy do have their work cut out for them. I'm Ford first and always have been, but America places 2nd and 3rd. Dodge has the SRT Durango and soon will have the bugs worked out of the HellCat Grand Cherokee drive-line. Ford and Chevy will be playing catchup for a hot minute, but I have faith.

JimP
04-12-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm in Ottawa Ontario Canada, the dealer that my buddy manages is receiving one of the 300 destined to Canada, it's going for close 35k over list. I'm hoping to see it once it arrives.

RubberCtyRauder
04-12-2017, 02:14 PM
35k Canadian $ over? or 25k US

Joe Walsh
04-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Gotta hand it to Dodge!

That is one sick car!

Would anyone have believed, just 10 years ago, that a domestic Manufacturer would offer a factory car with 840 HP and 770 Ft Lbs TRQ!!!....:eek:
along with Drag radials, front skinnies, trans brake, intercooler chiller, rear AND front seat delete options....?

And it cranks out 9 second ETs.....:bows:

I'd buy one except my anus couldn't stand the abuse that the Dodge dealers would inflict upon it with their 'ADP' mark-ups.

JBeezy
04-12-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm with you Joe. It's Bad Azz!!

blkZooM
04-12-2017, 09:59 PM

Yeahh.. No. I think a car capable of running 9.65 ET with a factory 6 year 60,000 mile warranty with all the modern technology in it for about $85,000 be will ALWAYS be the better option and I don't care which of the big 3 built it.

71cyclone
04-13-2017, 03:43 AM
Well the Fiat Collaboration figured it out [ The same people who brought you the Teksid block].That there is a market out there that want up-to date Turn Key [push button] Street Rods .And their R/D marketing department gave it the "OK" to release these Beasties to the public to go Postal.

03blackvegas
04-13-2017, 04:35 AM
If anyone finds out what rear tires the car has, let us know.

Ambitious1
04-13-2017, 05:37 AM
Hennessey upgrade claiming 1,000 hp and 996 lb-ft torque:

https://youtu.be/YOrSFVnABDU

https://www.facebook.com/len.cardinal.52/posts/662290717301819

RubberCtyRauder
04-13-2017, 05:56 AM
If anyone finds out what rear tires the car has, let us know.

315-40-18 Nitto Drag Radials..it actually has 4 of them on each corner. The skinnies are if you order the optional pac/crate. The skinnies are not standard shall we say

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dodge-demon-comes-speed-parts-trunk/

HotRaud90
04-13-2017, 06:46 AM
Welp, Dodge definitely upped the ante with this one. Sweet baby Jesus...

Every weekend warrior with 100+ G's layin around is gonna be gunnin for those things :rolleyes:. Good for them, though. The thing is gonna be one helluva ride right off the floor. Impressive for production based car without a doubt.

junior
04-13-2017, 07:08 AM
315-40-18 Nitto Drag Radials..it actually has 4 of them on each corner. The skinnies are if you order the optional pac/crate. The skinnies are not standard shall we say

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/dodge-demon-comes-speed-parts-trunk/

That 1/4 mile time of 9.65 is with the skinnies. The car loses almost 1/3 second with the stock tires according to this article.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2017/04/12/demons-details-dodges-terrifying-car/100368350/

hotford
04-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Come on guys you gotta love the fact the Dodge has built this and the lucky 3300 new owners who will get them.........

the motor isn't a beefed up version, only thing in common with the Hell cat is the cylinder heads.

look at what Lidio did with just a tune on his...10.58@132

these cars will own the streets for the next couple of years

only forces the others to build something or be left behind.

MOTOWN
04-13-2017, 08:02 AM
Come on guys you gotta love the fact the Dodge has built this and the lucky 3300 new owners who will get them.........

the motor isn't a beefed up version, only thing in common with the Hell cat is the cylinder heads.

look at what Lidio did with just a tune on his...10.58@132

these cars will own the streets for the next couple of years

only forces the others to build something or be left behind.

This is an excellent point! Just a few years ago I built The Silver car with a goal of 700RWHP ended up making 761+ , fast forward to present I'm currently in the process of another build on Silver with a RWHP goal of 900 , and by todays standard thats actually a bit low!

Love or hate Chrysler what they done is nothing short of amazing.

Pat
04-13-2017, 09:52 AM
As I understand the PR Video, this is a single year effort. No more after this run did I understand that correctly?

Collectors will probably drive the price through the roof. The fact that it's banned from NHRA and prolly IHRA drag strips, unlike the Cobra Jet, will severally limit where it's driven and who owns it. Price will be whatever the market will bear, north of 175K IMHO.

My guess is that it's going to be driven by the Justin Berber types and Arab rich kids.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

Ambitious1
04-13-2017, 09:54 AM
My guess is that it's going to be driven by the Justin Berber types and Arab rich kids.

Go on, tell me I'm wrong.

God I hope not... Lol. Rather it be in the hands of people who know how to handle and really bring out the best in these cars...

Mr. Man
04-13-2017, 10:04 AM
God I hope not... Lol. Rather it be in the hands of people who know how to handle and really bring out the best in these cars...This made me laugh as I thought about the 2 or 300 of these cars that will be wrapped around trees in the first month or two by people who have no idea how to handle this kind of power, but have the money to buy it.

71cyclone
04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
This made me laugh as I thought about the 2 or 300 of these cars that will be wrapped around trees in the first month or two by people who have no idea how to handle this kind of power, but have the money to buy it.
This is very true .You guys probably remember that the first Hell Cat sold made national hot rod news by only lasting one week with double digits on the -oh- oh- odometer.

Joe Walsh
04-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Hennessey upgrade claiming 1,000 hp and 996 lb-ft torque:

https://youtu.be/YOrSFVnABDU

https://www.facebook.com/len.cardinal.52/posts/662290717301819

Impressive, but it doesn't really count....not an OEM factory car.

Spectragod
04-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Impressive, but it doesn't really count....not an OEM factory car.

True, but has an uber cool name.

GoldPanther
04-13-2017, 04:39 PM
I am proud that Chrysler is finally stepping up. I think Dodge should've waited until Ford realised the upcoming GT500. Which is speculating to have a v8 version of the Ford GT's V6 eco boost. At this moment Ford is using the eraser a lot lol

jsignorelli
04-14-2017, 05:07 AM
Went to the press day at the NY Auto Show. We asked the Dodge rep what he thought the car would sell for. He admitted "north of $ 75,000 plus a probable 10-20 K dealer markup.

For that kind of money, I could build a rocket, and still have change left over.

Ambitious1
04-15-2017, 04:39 AM
On the race track. Looks like fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fc_LZLWfI