PDA

View Full Version : Day @ the bone yard

Gerry24
04-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Today was my first day on vacation, so I woke up early and hit the junkyard. Made out pretty good, really good air springs, air compressor, overhead counsel from an CV LX, fairly new EATC with the film still on the display. Some bezels and switches, helped a guy out stripping the interior on a CV and helped another guy remove the liner from an S10. Dude asked me how much he owed me, don't worry about that it was 5 mins out of my time. First day on vacation and I chose to spend the whole day out there. It relaxed me, I felt good and just went with flow also, the thrill of the hunt. I didn't think about work, politics @ work NADA!

It was great... Thought I would post this and see where it goes. :burn:

MO Merc
04-22-2017, 05:45 PM
Its always good to get outdoors and spend time in the junk yard. Away of it all , just a car day reflect on autos of the past. Glad you enjoyed the hunt.

crownvic97
04-22-2017, 06:15 PM
I always enjoy junk yard trips, especially when you get a good haul!

FCP71
04-22-2017, 06:42 PM
That's the same way I feel when I go to the yard.

PHHHHTT
04-22-2017, 06:52 PM
A little tune to accompany yourself when make your trip......

"King Of Junk" (Eddy Lawrence)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjBEan6GVyQ

Mr. Man
04-23-2017, 11:56 AM
Been a while since I've been to a scrap yard. Last time I was in one I helping a friend look for parts for his Chevy. I was like 'what this hose for' and it moved as I was grabbing for it. Turns out to be a garter snake. I must have jumped back a good 10 feet and almost wet myself. Scared the hell out of me. My friend laughed his ass off the rest of the day.
Still better than a day at work.:)

decipha
04-23-2017, 11:58 AM
nice, everytime I go to the u pull it I always make a day of it, you never know what treasures you may find lol

Marauderman
04-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Today was my first day on vacation, so I woke up early and hit the junkyard. Made out pretty good, really good air springs, air compressor, overhead counsel from an CV LX, fairly new EATC with the film still on the display. Some bezels and switches, helped a guy out stripping the interior on a CV and helped another guy remove the liner from an S10. Dude asked me how much he owed me, don't worry about that it was 5 mins out of my time. First day on vacation and I chose to spend the whole day out there. It relaxed me, I felt good and just went with flow also, the thrill of the hunt. I didn't think about work, politics @ work NADA!

It was great... Thought I would post this and see where it goes. :burn:

Its what Retirement is and feels like as well,,,,,,carry on,,,,well done I might say with your fun description