PDA

View Full Version : Late model F150 door connector problems

Green96
05-06-2017, 03:12 PM
F150 owners, and other Fords that use a connector to plug the door wiring into the main body, beware. These connectors do not seal properly. I experienced rear windows issues with mine. The rear windows would work from the front drivers side, but not from the rear. I suspected a bad lock switch so I replaced the window switch module. No change. I started messing with the connector and found that if I moved the connector while I pressed the down switch in the rear the window would sputter to life.

Here is a picture of what I found. I cleaned it with contact cleaner, applied dielectric grease, and put it back together. Issues resolved. I have done the same to the passenger side as well.

Spectragod
05-06-2017, 03:32 PM
Had the same issues with mine, posted over on the f150 forums.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

justbob
05-06-2017, 04:56 PM
My issues were found in the harness under the driver rear door sill plate. Factory wire splice corroded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green96
05-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Had the same issues with mine, posted over on the f150 forums.

I posted the same picture over there too. I tried to search the issue but that forum us so busy I did not find yours.

Spectragod
05-06-2017, 07:12 PM
F150forums.com??? There a whole thread on it, lots of people had the same issues.

Green96
05-06-2017, 07:43 PM
F150forums.com??? There a whole thread on it, lots of people had the same issues.

Yeah, I must not be using the right search terms.