PDA

View Full Version : Replaced Marauder with Taurus SHO

larryo340
05-29-2017, 02:24 PM
Selling Marauder, but both sad and excited and sorry to see it go. I would love to keep it but apartment living along with added cost of two cars I can't. I hope it finds a good home. I've been driving the panther platform since "99 it'll being like cheating on the Marauder :shake:

Two weeks ago I picked up a loaded CPO 2015 Taurus SHO with 13K on the clock. The only option it's missing is the performance package. I've been tossing around the idea of a newer car and really like the SHO..to me it has the same type of following the Marauder has, and most people have no idea what it is :D I originally wanted the Ruby red, but once I saw the Deep Impact blue I was sold. I found it at Keller Brothers Ford in Lititz Pennsylvania. Went to look at it and after driving it I had to have it and drove it back to Long Island in the rain :(. The all wheel drive feels really good and the instant torque is great, the only problem is that the exhaust is too quiet.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Taurus%20SHO/e1ddf4bb26fd5c832d1d782b44b0d1 7e_zpsmrd0c7ni.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/larryo340/media/Taurus%20SHO/e1ddf4bb26fd5c832d1d782b44b0d1 7e_zpsmrd0c7ni.jpg.html)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Taurus%20SHO/ecf720352a78bc32921674513d874a 76_zpsumaasshx.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/larryo340/media/Taurus%20SHO/ecf720352a78bc32921674513d874a 76_zpsumaasshx.jpg.html)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Taurus%20SHO/b5971bd0fd987102fecd3becd5d17e 99_zpsvrcbmas5.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/larryo340/media/Taurus%20SHO/b5971bd0fd987102fecd3becd5d17e 99_zpsvrcbmas5.jpg.html)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Taurus%20SHO/f7957b1a8e153b66bb61b6bc6a66f1 1b_zpsyus4ukwa.jpg (http://s299.photobucket.com/user/larryo340/media/Taurus%20SHO/f7957b1a8e153b66bb61b6bc6a66f1 1b_zpsyus4ukwa.jpg.html)

cer0413
05-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Oooooooo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bluerauder
05-29-2017, 02:40 PM
You will like the Taurus SHO. I have a 2012 SHO; but kept the Marauder. After 5 years, I still think the Marauder handles better than the SHO that seems to have a bit of an under steer. The Taurus SHO is a great car and it is loaded with amenities and is quick ... Even quicker with an LMS tune. Visibility and blind spots on the SHO are troublesome; but you'll learn to deal with it. For sheer driving enjoyment, the Marauder is still my #1 choice.

larryo340
05-29-2017, 03:52 PM
You will like the Taurus SHO. I have a 2012 SHO; but kept the Marauder. After 5 years, I still think the Marauder handles better than the SHO that seems to have a bit of an under steer. The Taurus SHO is a great car and it is loaded with amenities and is quick ... Even quicker with an LMS tune. Visibility and blind spots on the SHO are troublesome; but you'll learn to deal with it. For sheer driving enjoyment, the Marauder is still my #1 choice.

I just got back from a long weekend upstate New York driving with alot of if being on rural roads and the car handled very well. I get what you're saying about the understeer but I didn't get the feeling that it was out of control. I pushed it a little in the rain on curves to see how the all-wheel-drive functions and it was impressive. The Marauder does understeer when pushed hard into the turns, and I took some of the same twisty roads that I'm used to the Marauder and the SHO's AWD felt sure footed.

The outward visibility is going to take some getting used to but overall not terrible, the blind spot monitor works well, and I love the adaptive cruise control. This is the first car I've driven with HID projector headlight lights, and all I can say is WOW!!

Lastly can you please elaborate on the LMS tune, and speed up my learning curve with this car.

Bluerauder
05-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Livernois Motor Sports (LMS) offers a tune for the SHO that will give you a bump to 400 BHP. Just plug it into the OBD II port and upload to your PCM just like the Marauder tune. They are on the web and have been tuning the 3.5L SHO since 2010. Lots of experience.

I have had a few nits and noids with my 2012 SHO that hopefully were corrected for the 2015 model. The first problem was the fan electronics that had to be reprogrammed on a recall. Then the door handle cables all had to be replaced. Seems there was a plastic connector that fails and you can't open the door. That was a recall fix too. I have had both lift cylinders on the trunk lid fail at different times. Check for cylinder leakage. One cylinder will not hold that trunk up at all. The first time last year, the damn thing dropped and smashed my forearm and bruised it badly ... Glad it wasn't my head. The spoiler also came loose on me and rattled because none of the nuts had loctite on them and they probably hadn't been torqued correctly anyway. Lastly, the rear passenger door will collect water (a couple gallons) because the lower rubber door seals won't release the water from the weep holes unless you lift it a little. A quick fix is to snip the rubber seal right at the weep hole so that is not closed off completely. Hopefully all of these problems have been fixed by 2015 .... But sometimes Ford is slow to address some of these issues. Many are nits like I said but for a $43,500 car, I expected better quality control. Ford seems to be slipping back to its old self IMHO.

sailsmen
05-29-2017, 04:39 PM
I owned 3 SHOs in a row. Each one had a different "personality".

I enjoyed all 3, the 1999 was the tamest.

larryo340
05-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Livernois Motor Sports (LMS) offers a tune for the SHO that will give you a bump to 400 BHP. Just plug it into the OBD II port and upload to your PCM just like the Marauder tune. They are on the web and have been tuning the 3.5L SHO since 2010. Lots of experience.

I have had a few nits and noids with my 2012 SHO that hopefully were corrected for the 2015 model. The first problem was the fan electronics that had to be reprogrammed on a recall. Then the door handle cables all had to be replaced. Seems there was a plastic connector that fails and you can't open the door. That was a recall fix too. I have had both lift cylinders on the trunk lid fail at different times. Check for cylinder leakage. One cylinder will not hold that trunk up at all. The first time last year, the damn thing dropped and smashed my forearm and bruised it badly ... Glad it wasn't my head. The spoiler also came loose on me and rattled because none of the nuts had loctite on them and they probably hadn't been torqued correctly anyway. Lastly, the rear passenger door will collect water (a couple gallons) because the lower rubber door seals won't release the water from the weep holes unless you lift it a little. A quick fix is to snip the rubber seal right at the weep hole so that is not closed off completely. Hopefully all of these problems have been fixed by 2015 .... But sometimes Ford is slow to address some of these issues. Many are nits like I said but for a $43,500 car, I expected better quality control. Ford seems to be slipping back to its old self IMHO.

Thanks, sounds good I'll have to check out that tune.

The car feels pretty tight, but then again it only has 13,000 miles, and I've only had it a couple weeks. Sorry you had those issues with it but I'm hoping Ford took care of those issues for my sake. The original sticker on mine was $47,500.

NorthShoreChiMM
05-29-2017, 05:29 PM
I feel no new car can compare to the perfect mix of comfort and power with the marauder. You just don't find new cars with bucket seats like the marauders or old caddies

Bluerauder
05-29-2017, 05:35 PM
FYI ... The GoodYear Eagle RS-A 255/45/19 tires are more pricey than the Marauder tires. A set of 4 will set you back about $1100 mounted and balanced. I got a little over 50K on my first set; but replaced them with about 5,000 miles or so left on them. I don't like running them too low.

larryo340
05-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Mine has 20's in size 245/45/20, I was looking at prices and the size seems to be more reasonable than I thought they would be.

RubberCtyRauder
05-29-2017, 05:52 PM
I feel no new car can compare to the perfect mix of comfort and power with the marauder. You just don't find new cars with bucket seats like the marauders or old caddies

you are trying to compare a 14 year old vehicle against new cars? and you are 17? buy alot of new cars do you?

2mercs
05-29-2017, 05:54 PM
I have a 13 SHO bought it last year. Only problem I've had really is the stabilizer links went bad around 30k miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NorthShoreChiMM
05-29-2017, 06:14 PM
you are trying to compare a 14 year old vehicle against new cars? and you are 17? buy alot of new cars do you?

No I don't buy a lot of new cars. Family just bought a new 2015 F150 and 2017 Civic. Friend got a new GS 350. Been in all of them. Was specifically comparing MM seats compared to new. Was trying to say newer leather and seats don't have that padding and float feel compared to new. Gotta remember I'm in the suburbs of Chicago where all the rich bankers go golfing. Lots of new nice cars I get to be in/around working at a private country club

RubberCtyRauder
05-29-2017, 06:20 PM
No I don't buy a lot of new cars. Family just bought a new 2015 F150 and 2017 Civic. Friend got a new GS 350. Been in all of them. Was specifically comparing MM seats compared to new. Was trying to say newer leather and seats don't have that padding and float feel compared to new. Gotta remember I'm in the suburbs of Chicago where all the rich bankers go golfing. Lots of new nice cars I get to be in/around working at a private country club

I'm just messin with you...because you are 17 :D .the marauder seats could actually be better. yes,they are like a lazy boy chair, but they dont bolster as much as other cars avail. today.

sailsmen
05-29-2017, 06:22 PM
I find the Marauder front seats to be very comfortable, particularly the way it coddles you in the seat.

I recently made several seat cushions and seat support devices.

To my surprise the front seats are engineered to take the weight in the middle 2/3.

The outer 1/3 is to keep you in the seat.

Compared to most other cars I have ridden in the Marauder seat area that bears the weight is wider.

NorthShoreChiMM
05-29-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm just messin with you...because you are 17 :D .the marauder seats could actually be better. yes,they are like a lazy boy chair, but they dont bolster as much as other cars avail. today.

Im surprised i have a marauder at 17. Cant take turns above 25 or 30 without sliding a little on the seat. :D

justbob
05-29-2017, 07:34 PM
I'm skinny, therefore never cared for the Marauder seats. They bolster absolutely nothing for me! [emoji6]

I had to wedge 2 liters on both sides the one and only time on an auto X... [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewstang
05-30-2017, 05:29 AM
I had a 2010 SHO for three years. The first 6 months I enjoyed the car but the FWD bias of the drivetrain on 2010-12 really started to wear on me. I got a tune from Torri at Unleashed, but I've heard recently a lot of issues with his tuning because of SCT. LMS was my next choice but I didn't get that far. I had the BCM and PTU (transfer case) replaced under warranty. When I sold it I had 130k miles on it and wasn't sad to see it go.

ChiTownMaraud3r
05-30-2017, 09:07 AM
The Marauder seats are crappy and sit wait too tall in the car.. pondered installing 15+ Mustang seats in it, would be much more enjoyable IMO.

sam
05-30-2017, 11:29 AM
I have a Ruby Red 13 SHO with PP, you will love it.
Funny thing is i bought my 03 Cobra with Keller Bros Ford in Lititz.
They are good people.
Buy an extended warranty on it thou even thou its CPO

wannaMM
05-30-2017, 01:58 PM
Bought a "Ruby" '15 SHO in Jan 2015...Wife drives daily and reminds me daily that she can "Walk" away from me on the interstate any time she feels the "Need for Speed"
No troubles, Great car

stevengerard
05-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Great color, nice car - I definitely have a soft spot for the SHO but have always hoped they would get lighter and even sportier (faster). I had a 5 speed '94, If it was rear wheel drive I'd still have it. THough your AWD must be nice - just wait for winter - that will be awesome. I also had a 95 automatic. They are definitely great compromise cars - sporty and practical - without having to spend the dollars on an S63, M5 or a Panamera Turbo:eek:

larryo340
05-30-2017, 06:11 PM
The more I drive it the more I like it, and regarding the AWD in the snow I'm sure it will be great as I intend to put on interceptor steelies on it with snows all around.

I'm missing the Marauder even though I have not sold it yet. I love driving it :burnout:

Bigslim1
05-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Always have liked the SHO. Livernois Performance here in Michigan does wonders for the SHO with the different upgrades they offer. You can check out many of them on YOUTUBE. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

larryo340
05-31-2017, 04:41 PM
Always have liked the SHO. Livernois Performance here in Michigan does wonders for the SHO with the different upgrades they offer. You can check out many of them on YOUTUBE. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

I've checked them out and just with a just a tune they say it's a gain of 59 hp and 88 foot pounds of torque...WoW !!
Little pricey though at $600, it seems everything for the SHO is more expensive as compared to the Marauder, but for that kind of gain it's not bad.

lji372
05-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Nice ride!
They are growing on me.

I'm holding out for the elio :rotf:

gpfarrell
06-03-2017, 08:05 PM
I had an LMs tune on my '11 MKS and it ran a 12.94 on a cool night. AWD will help you go, but don't expect to steer or stop on those fat tires, so steeliness are a good idea. You got a nice car!

Revue
06-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Nice ride, love the blue! Very sharp color. Would love to buy your Marauder, it's in my price range but Long Island is a haul for me!

larryo340
06-04-2017, 05:52 PM
You're that far, fly in and drive it home :burnout:

Last year a friend of mine flew out to Minneapolis to pick up a car and drove it back to the island ....just sayin :D

Revue
06-09-2017, 02:34 PM
You're that far, fly in and drive it home :burnout:

Last year a friend of mine flew out to Minneapolis to pick up a car and drove it back to the island ....just sayin :D

Tempting, I would much rather buy a MM from a member here than all the Craigslist specials out there.

larryo340
06-09-2017, 08:38 PM
I have an interested party who is taking the car next week, I'll let you know if that doesn't happen.

kwkbox
06-18-2017, 06:48 PM
I have to say I am the reverse situation. I had a fully loaded 2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost which is basically the SHO Taurus in a tuxedo. Don't get me wrong the modern conveniences and AWD was great but I actually ended up getting rid of it and getting a 2015 Lincoln MKC for my wife and a 2004 Black Mercury Marauder for myself. I have no regrets.