01-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Maybe not as bad as we expected...

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id =13955&make_id=trust

LincMercLover
01-03-2003, 03:32 PM
So... we classified as a GM AGAIN there? :fire:

RF Overlord
01-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Interesting figures, Sarge...overall not too shabby...

It's too bad they didn't break out the Marauder figures from the GM total...I keep seeing stories of MMs sitting on back lots collecting dust... :shake:

Murader03
01-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Interesting figures, Sarge...overall not too shabby...

It's too bad they didn't break out the Marauder figures from the GM total...I keep seeing stories of MMs sitting on back lots collecting dust... :shake:

Well, they really aren't stories. I went to several dealers in my area, one had 4 sittin' ack in the lot out of view from the general public unless you bothered to drive through the lot. Another had one in the showroom, suprise, and one in front. Still others had them in the back. How can you sell anything if you can't see it when you enter the lot?

The dealer I bought from had 3 on his lot, and all of them were in plain sight in front of the show room. You couldn't miss them. Unfortunately, the dealer was in a rural area:(

The cars are there, it's just that the public can't see them in most cases.
:stupid:

Fourth Horseman
01-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Too bad we can't get some advertising dollars from Ford to hit more mainstream audiences. :alone:

smith5365
01-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Speaking of advertising. Look what Mazda is doing with their ads for the Mazda6. Sure wish Ford had done something like that for the Marauder first.

Bigdogjim
01-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Same in my area. MM sitting in the back lot out of sight. I did stop at the dealer were I bought mine and the sales guy said they sold 6 out of 8 that they had in stock back on 9/28/02. Asked about the blue and they look at me like I had 2 heads? Just gave them the web site and said "get up to speed" . :rock:Thinks they have some comming in late January?
Still kind of nice to stand out in a crowd? But I also wish they spend some bucks on adverstising.
Big Dog :banana2:

JohnnyB
01-03-2003, 06:23 PM
I trhink this is going to be a very rare car indeed.......

RCSignals
01-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Ford's advertising has been quite odd. Some on the internet, then speed vision, then some car magazines like Hot Rod.
Sure those get some car people, but is it just those car people they want to reach?