PDA

View Full Version : My Pistons

bigslim
06-01-2004, 08:55 PM
I am so glad to see my boys the Detroit Pistons do it tonight. Next up is the Lakers. Sorry to spoil that party in Cali but the Piston will win in six games. Can't wait to see Jack Nickelson's face when they shut them down.

stevengerard
06-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I hate the Pistons but boy do I hope they beat the Lakers, GO DETROIT. I taught Isiah Thomas everything he knows, well I am around his age and watched him almost every game in highschool, I cheered very loud

BillyGman
06-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Oh man, I fell for that one. I thought this was gonna be a thread about engine pistons. Silly me. Okay, don't mind me......carry on....

Patrick
06-02-2004, 01:23 AM
My loyalty is with the Bulls!! Ok another bad year! I will be pulling for the Pistons (Wallace Fan)!!!! But Lakers to tough in the Paint! Lakers I think will win but it will a very tough 7 games!!!

prchrman
06-02-2004, 03:24 AM
The way Shaq will dunk on them will be unorthodox...5 games at the most...LA all the way...at least 4 teams in the west could beat the Pistons...LA, SA, Sac, Min...but that would be true regardless of who came out of the east...

rookie1
06-02-2004, 05:21 AM
I hate the Pistons but boy do I hope they beat the Lakers, GO DETROIT.

Typical sentiment of a Chicago native. You guys really took that walking off the court thing hard and can't get over it. All the guys I golf and hang around with say the exact same thing. Kinda like true Bears fans have to hate the Packers.

I don't know if they stand a chance against the Lakers *(I sure hope so cause Last nights game made me feel like was back home in the Palace, the intensity there is unbelievable) the problem we are going to have against LA is that they actually have a player or 2 that can make a jump shot on occassion unlike the Pacers.

On a side note when the Pistons were playing LA in 90 you could go the Palace for their away games and watch the game on the scoreboard TV while Ken Calvert and the Pistons announcers called the game. When they swept those Hollywood pretenders it was very emotional in the Palace, everyone cheering and hugging some crying, The Motor City has great fans.

bigslim
06-02-2004, 08:58 AM
People have to remember that back in 89 the Pistons were picked to lose to the Lakers. The Lakers had Magic Johnson and the Pistons made believers out of the nonbelievers. It wasn't a fluke back then because they came back to win in 90 as well. All I can say is " GO PISTONS"!! :banana:

TripleTransAm
06-02-2004, 09:06 AM
All I can say is " GO PISTONS"!! :banana:

How come no one ever cheers for the Valve Guides?

dwasson
06-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I figure that the Pistons have to win. They have been practicing while the Lakers have been in court.

ParkRanger
06-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Slim:

:nono:

I believe you have been sniffing too much MM exhaust.

There's a greater chance of my old '67 VW Wagon beating my MM in the 1/4 mile.
The "Titanic" will resurface before Detroit beats LA.
Nader will be elected president before Detroit beats LA.

Open the garage door before its too late.

The brooms are out - Lakers will sweep and Jack NICHOLSEN will be turning off the lights.

Slam Dunk

Park Ranger :shot:

Patrick
06-02-2004, 10:20 AM
I figure that the Pistons have to win. They have been practicing while the Lakers have been in court.

I was wondering when that was going to be brought up!!!
:lol:

Bluerauder
06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Oh man, I fell for that one. I thought this was gonna be a thread about engine pistons. Silly me. Okay, don't mind me......carry on....
Got me too !!!! I thought there might have been another #4 and #8 scorching problem.

Go Rocker Arms ...... :lol:

Patrick
06-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Typical sentiment of a Chicago native. You guys really took that walking off the court thing hard and can't get over it. All the guys I golf and hang around with say the exact same thing. Kinda like true Bears fans have to hate the Packers.

I don't know if they stand a chance against the Lakers *(I sure hope so cause Last nights game made me feel like was back home in the Palace, the intensity there is unbelievable) the problem we are going to have against LA is that they actually have a player or 2 that can make a jump shot on occassion unlike the Pacers.

On a side note when the Pistons were playing LA in 90 you could go the Palace for their away games and watch the game on the scoreboard TV while Ken Calvert and the Pistons announcers called the game. When they swept those Hollywood pretenders it was very emotional in the Palace, everyone cheering and hugging some crying, The Motor City has great fans.

I am originally from Chicago and its not that we have to hate the Packers, Thats just the way it is!!!!! Just like my Cubs playing St Louis!!! True fans of the game and thier support of THEIR teams!!!

THE_INTERCEPTOR
06-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, being from DC, I'm a Wizards fan. Haven't had much to root for in over 5 years....

But one thing I DO know is that I absolutely, positively, HATE THE DAMN LAKERS!

Go Detroit!!

dwasson
06-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Well, being from DC, I'm a Wizards fan.

Not the Generals? :lol:

merc406
06-02-2004, 06:29 PM
The PISTONS of the eighties and early nineties were HIGH Compression ones, not to sure these guys are. :fire: Go DETROIT! :beer: Hope they win the law breakers Lakers. :pimp:

teamrope
06-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm rooting for the timing belt. :beer:

Smokie
06-03-2004, 01:48 PM
I am so glad to see my boys the Detroit Pistons do it tonight. Next up is the Lakers. Sorry to spoil that party in Cali but the Piston will win in six games. Can't wait to see Jack Nickelson's face when they shut them down.
Bigslim, I always root for the underdog. GO PISTONS !!!

(As long as the favorite is not my home team):up: