PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Irony

sailsmen
07-05-2017, 09:42 AM
My neighbor, who is a fireman, set his house on fire last nite.

He told his kids to clean up the fireworks and put them in a box. They then put the box in a garbage can.

Burned though the soffit and into the attic.

fortunately he smelled it, woke up and put it out.

No, I am not going to post pics of the fire damage to my neighbors house.:(

Drewstang
07-05-2017, 11:14 AM
As a former volunteer, that's mine and others greatest fear.

jsignorelli
07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
I have seen worse. A few years ago, the fire inspector near our Pa. summer house fired a rocket into his attic window. When it exploded, it took out the entire second floor of his house. He thought he was aiming it out over the lake. I guess not!

SteelQualityMan
07-05-2017, 03:31 PM
I have seen worse. A few years ago, the fire inspector near our Pa. summer house fired a rocket into his attic window. When it exploded, it took out the entire second floor of his house. He thought he was aiming it out over the lake. I guess not!
That was a pro type rocket or something from the seasonal fireworks store??

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Turbov6Bryan
07-05-2017, 05:02 PM
I caught it last night. My nieces boyfriend put out his sparkler into my large garbage can. I asked him if he likes starting fires....

He looked at me like he did nothing wrong.

It was full of paper, and caught fire in 10 seconds or less.

Just graduated college :flamer:

1Marauder
07-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Yep, I leave mine in a pile in a place where there is 20 ft of surrounding concrete, then water them, then leave them in a stainless steel garbage can overnight. Many years a few have still been warm the next AM, when I water them again.

RF Overlord
07-05-2017, 05:39 PM
"Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."

- Marion Morrison

jaywish
07-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Not so as you notice.

ChiTownMaraud3r
07-06-2017, 01:52 PM
No sympathy for anyone who spends money on something as stupid as fireworks.

jsignorelli
07-06-2017, 07:20 PM
The sky rockets were purchased at one of those shops that line route 78, when you cross into Pa from New Jersey. The hardware doesn't come with common sense. It was assumed that the "adults" who buy these things know what they are doing. Oh well... back to square one.