PDA

View Full Version : H E L P !!!

Slowpoke
07-12-2017, 05:19 AM
Greetings again fellow Marauderers....

Last night some idiot stole my engine oil cap. Auto parts store doesn't have one but says they can get one. in a week.

Anyone have an extra cap they can send overnight to me in Chicago. Alternatively, will an oil cap from any other car fit?

Lastly, I don't even dare drive the car, but could I?

Gryphonzus
07-12-2017, 05:28 AM
I would not suggest it. Oil tends to spit out the opening. Hope you find one soon.

martyo
07-12-2017, 05:30 AM
This begs the question, how did they steal it?

Get a cap from the "HELP" brand section at your FLAPS. They have it.

RubberCtyRauder
07-12-2017, 06:04 AM
there is more than one auto parts store..carquest, napa can get pretty much anything overnight, advance auto, autozone, oreilly, etc...go online and search their sites for stores in your area, you can search their inventory.

nope, don't drive it, oilwill be everywhere.. how did they get under the hood? did they break into the cqar to release the hood latch? why would anyone steal a oil cap?

Slowpoke
07-12-2017, 06:09 AM
I moved to the suburbs 3 yrs ago. In warmer months, I don't park in the garage, but raqther leave my car in the driveway. Sometimes I leave the car unlocked. This is how they got under the hood. I noticed because when I looked at the car this morning I saw that the hood was not closed.

Slowpoke
07-12-2017, 06:12 AM
there is more than one auto parts store..carquest, napa can get pretty much anything overnight, advance auto, autozone, oreilly, etc...go online and search their sites for stores in your area, you can search their inventory.

nope, don't drive it, oilwill be everywhere.. how did they get under the hood? did they break into the cqar to release the hood latch? why would anyone steal a oil cap?

AWESOME ADVICE !!!

I just called O'Reilly's about 6 miles from home and sure enough, they got one! Thanks!!!

martyo
07-12-2017, 06:59 AM
I moved to the suburbs 3 yrs ago. In warmer months, I don't park in the garage, but raqther leave my car in the driveway. Sometimes I leave the car unlocked. This is how they got under the hood. I noticed because when I looked at the car this morning I saw that the hood was not closed.

That is the benefit of being a baller.

You have criminals in your area but they aren't desperate so they only steal a $4.98 oil cap.

Here in the hood where I live, they only thing you would find was a grease spot where your car was.....

lji372
07-12-2017, 07:41 AM
i would be skeptical as to whether they poured something in the engine. as bizarre as that sounds if they were going to steal the oil cap.........................

i'd change the oil :dunno:

guspech750
07-12-2017, 07:45 AM
WTH kind of chit head steals an oil cap? LOLzzz
I suppose a bored one.

I'd be leery of driving it. I'd change the oil right where it sits.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

fastblackmerc
07-12-2017, 08:43 AM
I'd change the oil - cheap insurance.

Put a rag in the oil cap holes. You should be able to drive it a short distance.

RF Overlord
07-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Rick, you live in Chicago and you don't lock your car????

I agree with the above who said change the oil.

RubberCtyRauder
07-12-2017, 10:22 AM
i never park and leave my windows down, no matter how short my stop and it's locked everywhere. . at a friend's house, running into the store at a gas station..only place i dont is in my garagem

stevengerard
07-12-2017, 10:53 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Lincoln-Mercury-Engine-Oil-Filler-Cap-SAE-5W-20-OEM-NEW-Motorcraft-EC755-/191727792033?fits=Make%3AMercu ry%7CModel%3AMarauder&epid=79314565&hash=item2ca3ddefa1:g:kgIAAOSw o6lWNFSh&vxp=mtr

RF Overlord
07-12-2017, 01:38 PM
$12 for a 710 cap??!! Highway robbery...

Joe Walsh
07-12-2017, 08:07 PM
OK....now I'm really 'cornfused'.

I know that the oil cap from my brother's 2006 CV (SOHC) does NOT fit on my Marauder.
That Ebay listing shows the Lincoln Navigator (DOHC) listed with a bunch of SOHC engines....:dunno:

Motorhead350
07-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Change that oil. I've lived in Chicago ALL of my life and always lock the thing. I never let my guard down even when I'm in the country in Ohio or any archers of property in NJ.

LOCK IT. ALWAYS. TRUST NO ONE.

I hope a cap was all you needed.

+1 on the oil change for safety. WORST CASE I would rig a turkey baster squeeze, but I would highly advise against that.

SOSA03
07-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Well there's a lesson learned

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk