PDA

View Full Version : can anyone recommend a car transporter.

johnnyrauder
07-14-2017, 12:58 PM
i need to get a car from ft. perece fl. to long island ny. im overwhelmed with calls from these transport people. all i did was get a quote on line.all of them sound shady. the car is my sons dd so just a basic open transport will do. thanks

88LTDCV351
07-14-2017, 01:33 PM
I seem to recall using a place called Dependable Auto Shippers in the past. I was satisfied with their service.

johnnyrauder
07-14-2017, 01:44 PM
thanks ill look it up

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2017, 02:03 PM
martyo has one he regularly uses. cant recall the name..send him a pm

SteelQualityMan
07-14-2017, 02:40 PM
i need to get a car from ft. perece fl. to long island ny. im overwhelmed with calls from these transport people. all i did was get a quote on line.all of them sound shady. the car is my sons dd so just a basic open transport will do. thanks
There was a recent thread about this. Try using the search function in the browser version of mmm.net. the one in Tapatalk is just about useless.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RubberCtyRauder
07-14-2017, 02:45 PM
https://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104161

look for martyo reply

martyo
07-14-2017, 04:11 PM
I seem to recall using a place called Dependable Auto Shippers in the past. I was satisfied with their service.

thanks ill look it up

I believe Dependable closed.

martyo
07-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Tell her Marty from MO's sent you.

Yasmin Sairally
Transport Coordinator

Tel: 888-802-8250 ext.2233
Fax: 904-212-0366
Email: yasmin.sairally@autostartransp ort.com

RF Overlord
07-14-2017, 04:23 PM
I second Marty's recommendation, having used them personally. Yasmin is a delight to talk to (sexy British accent...think Priya from Big Bang Theory) and they were very organised and efficient. Not the cheapest of the lot, but I was very happy with their service and that of the actual transport drivers. $625 for a Grand Marquis from near Cleveland to Cape Cod.

vkirkend
07-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Marty is a good guy but AutoStar Transport contracted a company that damaged my car then only offered me $200 on a $900.00 repair. Then their subcontractor got placed Out of Service by the regulator and calls to AutoStar Transport got crickets.... Use at your own risk....

burt ragio
07-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Are you saying www.autostartransport.com subbed out to another carrier service that damaged your car ?

lji372
07-19-2017, 11:54 AM
samples transport out of ohio has always treated me well

RubberCtyRauder
07-19-2017, 11:57 AM
Are you saying www.autostartransport.com subbed out to another carrier service that damaged your car ?

pretty sure they are a broker, brokering freight happens daily industry wide.

RF Overlord
07-19-2017, 12:37 PM
^^^what RCR said^^^

martyo
07-19-2017, 08:14 PM

Yes.

There are very few direct carriers left in the business. Very few.

I used to work with another broker and even they went out of business.

I've been involved in the transport of well over 200 cars, less than a half a dozen of which were not transported through a broker. Of all those moves Ron's was the only car damaged.

stevengerard
07-19-2017, 10:13 PM
I have shipped a few cars myself, rather rare cars and all have been subbed out, all made their way safely. Its a risk but most of these folks are pro's. Its what they do for a living and depend on safe arrivals. Stuff happens sure, but not often. Heck I had a branch fall yesterday, 14 inch in diameter, 18 feet long - right between my Cutlass and the MM, talk about close. Not a scratch on either and it was a sunny dry day, tree just decided to let a branch go.

vkirkend
07-20-2017, 06:48 AM
Are you saying www.autostartransport.com (http://www.autostartransport.com) subbed out to another carrier service that damaged your car ?

Yes. They are a broker.

vkirkend
07-20-2017, 06:51 AM
Yes.

There are very few direct carriers left in the business. Very few.

I used to work with another broker and even they went out of business.

I've been involved in the transport of well over 200 cars, less than a half a dozen of which were not transported through a broker. Of all those moves Ron's was the only car damaged.

What he said....I guess I was the (un) lucky one. That Transporter "Reality Auto Sales" is now "Out-of-Service".

RubberCtyRauder
07-20-2017, 07:37 AM
I've used http://www.reliablecarriers.com/ twice and have had professional service. They are not inexpensive, but they don't broker their cars. They have over 300 trucks, one of the few large fleet auto carriers left. You may wait up to 4 weeks to have them pick it up. I waited one day the first time, and a little over two weeks the 2nd time. Delivery was two days the first time and 36 hours the next