PDA

View Full Version : Antique car insurance?

Motorhead350
08-15-2017, 02:21 PM
I recently put antique registration on my old Chevy. I'm going to put insurance on it for a antique, but don't know who to turn to. Stock for stock it's not worth much, but I put in a GM crate engine worth as much as the truck a few years back. I was going to contact them for proof of the value of the engine, perhaps insurance can make this of value as well?

What companies have you done business with and how has your experience been?

I remember when daddy bought this Chevy new and now it's a classic, one of the few times I feel like time has passed, but I don't feel old.

Spectragod
08-15-2017, 03:18 PM
Grundy, but you have to have a late model DD, otherwise State Farm can do an agreed value policy.

Sent from my iThrone using Tapatalk

sspmustang
08-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Over the years, I've used Grundy, American Collectors, and Hagerty, my current insurer for collector vehicles.

Their customer service has been good, policy prices competitive, and they insure some of my newer collector vehicles as well, including my '04 Mach 1, which some other companies won't do.

My .02.

ByronRACE
08-16-2017, 11:35 AM
State farm has an antique/collector policy that beat all the others once the multicar discount and all that other jazz kicks in because I have all my other home owners policies and crap through them.

jsignorelli
08-16-2017, 12:27 PM
I have Hagerty for my three classic Mustangs (69, 70, 73), my '93 Mustang show car, and the '04 Marauder, also a show car.
I have been very pleased with the rates from Hagerty, and their understanding that a collectible car isn't always more than 25 years old. I can't use any of these as a daily driver, and they must have a covered space out of the elements and safe from would be (illegal) adoptive owners.

Motorhead350
08-16-2017, 12:46 PM
Mine is street parked for now, but that could change soon.