PDA

View Full Version : Man - I want my car already!

unixadm
06-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Well on the 20th of May, I began the process of purchasing a 1900 mile '03 Marauder from a fellow member off of this site. Finally, as of today his loan is paid off and the car is officially mine. I arranged shipping on the 27th of May and I've been waiting for the car to get picked up. I was okay for the first couple of weeks, but now I'm getting a bit impatient. I even called a local Formula One tint dealer to get pricing on having the windows tinted, since that will be the cars first 'mod', followed by a chip or SCT programmer from Alternative Automotive. :) :)

To ease my mind, I ordered the Black Marauder car cover from TheDealer (great guy, thanks Ray), along with all weather floor mats, door edge guards, wheel locks, etc. I also spent a small fortune at Griots Garage on goodies since this is my first black car and I want to keep it looking prestine.

I almost ordered the Metco's, but since I have a total of about 2 miles behind the wheel of a MM, I figure I can live with the 'stock' feeling for the car for a bit and perform mods as I get a bit bored. I'm sure that won't take long as I can make myself bored pretty easily to get more mods. I really want to do the Trilogy S/C setup, and I hope it achieves CARB approval. :shake:

Hopefully I have the car sitting here in a couple of weeks. I have two 95 Caprices I need to get ready to sell since one was my project and the other is my current daily driver. I'm selling my '01 Tundra Limited 4x4 TRD to my dad tomorrow. I took it in for it's first smog today at 20k miles and it was pretty funny watching the smog tech try to hook up a timing light to a coil on plug ignition setup, and the engine does not even have a timing mark indicator.

I'll be purchasing a ~94 Toyota Camry to serve as my new daily driver to save on some gas and keep the miles down on the Marauder. But it will probably get a solid 3 months of daily driving before I buy another car. It's nice with little to no rain here in California for the next several months, so I might as well enjoy it.

I can't wait much longer!!!!!!

CRUZTAKER
06-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Cool, very cool. Hang tight....the fun soon shall begin!:D