PDA

View Full Version : stryker

RF Overlord
10-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Osvaldo a few minutes ago. For those unfamiliar, he is our only member (I think) in Puerto Rico.

He confirmed that everything is in fact as bad as is being reported, but that he is OK. He said "no water and no electricity" but I'm not clear whether he was speaking about the overall situation or his in particular. He used the word "apocalyptic". :depress: He said that he was only able to communicate with me now because he was in a shopping mall that had a working cell site nearby.

Please pray for all the AMERICANS in what seems to be the red-headed stepchild that is Puerto Rico. They didn't deserve this.........

1stMerc
10-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, Bob Was wondering how he faired in all of that.

sailsmen
10-25-2017, 08:46 PM
I pray for the thousands of responders and the Puerto Ricans.

This a good article on the difficulty in getting supplies to those who need it
http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/23/news/economy/puerto-rico-ad-hoc-aid-groups/index.html

I lived through Katrina 1,836 deaths. Maria in Puerto Rico ~450 deaths.

The more incompetent the local Government the more difficult it is to get aid to the people.

fastblackmerc
10-26-2017, 06:49 AM
Do we really have to worry since Trump says the relief effort is a "10"?

JK.....

Hope the island and our fellow Americans get back on their feet soon.

Svashtar
10-26-2017, 07:08 AM
That’s a real shame down there. Agree that local corruption plus political posing makes a bad situation even worse. I hope everything gets back on track ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadamustang1
10-26-2017, 07:45 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/small-montana-firm-lands-puerto-ricos-biggest-contract-to-get-the-power-back-on/2017/10/23/31cccc3e-b4d6-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html?utm_te rm=.23bbbdfa9653

tbone
10-26-2017, 10:30 AM
The other really sad thing is that PR was totally bankrupt and mismanaged even before the hurricane. No rainy day fund whatsoever. It's doubtful they will ever recover from this without a 100% bailout from you know who.

RF Overlord
10-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Remember, President Fake-tan Pumpkinhead Cheeto said: "Now I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you've thrown our budget a little out of whack, because we've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico. And that's fine; we saved a lot of lives."

So he's done with PR and moving on to more important things like solving the opioid crisis (but not funding that, either).

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Remember, President Fake-tan Pumpkinhead Cheeto said: "Now I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you've thrown our budget a little out of whack, because we've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico. And that's fine; we saved a lot of lives."

So he's done with PR and moving on to more important things like solving the opioid crisis (but not funding that, either).

They should have allowed the Clinton foundation to help PR like they helped Haiti... oh that's right, the money never made it.

sailsmen
10-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Never forget;
Total Gov't spending - ~35.6% of every Dollar
Over 300,000 Federals Laws
Millions of Federal Regulations that carry the weight of Law
Each State has over 150,000 Laws
1 Gov't worker for every 14.5 People
Total Government spending per person ~$21,903
National Debt doubled in 8 years.

sailsmen
10-26-2017, 12:03 PM
They should have allowed the Clinton foundation to help PR like they helped Haiti... oh that's right, the money never made it.

Haiti vs the Dominican Republic. Same Island different outcomes.

tbone
10-26-2017, 01:07 PM

Why is it cool to make fun of his complexion when every other race in the world is off limits? My father had red hair, and I have four brothers and sisters with red hair, and fair complexions. You sir, are a f***ing *a**h*l* racist b**ch.

RF Overlord
10-26-2017, 01:47 PM
OK, not sure where your anger is coming from...I said nothing about his hair colour, nor do I have anything against redheads...and he doesn't have a "fair complexion"; he has the weird orange look of a fake tan. That's what I was referring to.

MGDriver
10-26-2017, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear he's at least okay, we don't hear much from Puerto Rico over here but it definitely didn't sound good from what I saw.

TrilogyMarauder
10-26-2017, 04:07 PM

Why is it cool to make fun of his complexion when every other race in the world is off limits? My father had red hair, and I have four brothers and sisters with red hair, and fair complexions. You sir, are a f***ing *a**h*l* racist b**ch.

And this.......................... ..

FORUM RULES Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index. Although the administrators and moderators of MercuryMarauder.net Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. This following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, street racing, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand. Please Note: If anyone comes here with the sole purpose to start :censor:, cause trouble, or hi-jack & derail threads, rest assure your post (and most likely you) will be gone as fast as you came. The owners of MercuryMarauder.net Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. VENDOR & CLASSIFIEDS What are the rules for vendors? Are they allowed on the message boards? MercuryMarauder.net defines a vendor as any company or individual that sells, markets, promotes, manufactures or distributes any products or services for the purpose of generating a profit, regardless of the product or service's cost or profit margins. Vendors who choose not to contribute financially to the site are strictly prohibited from using the MercuryMarauder Message Boards to promote or conduct their business ventures in any capacity. Promotion includes, but is not limited to, including links to company web sites, posting email addresses or contact information (including phone and company address), posting blatant advertising or marketing messages or soliciting customers through messages of group purchases, pricing specials, etc. Conducting business activity may include posting order or product status updates or responding to inquiries about products that are not directly made to them. If you are vendor and someone asks about an order status, respond offline, not on the message boards. Violations of these rules are also violations of the Terms of Service that everyone agrees to when registering to use the MercuryMarauder.net Message Boards. As always, violations may result in immediate account termination, depending on their severity and perceived intent. We are very strict in enforcing vendor rules. The bottom line is likely this - if you are here to simply take advantage of the MercuryMarauder Community to further your financial goals and you do not wish to give something back to the operator of the site, you are likely not welcome here. If you are here as a Mercury Marauder enthusiast, you are more than welcome.

Just saying :cool:

crownvic97
10-26-2017, 04:48 PM

Holy triggered

MOTOWN
10-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Amazing how a thread about a members well being gets side tracked by the political B.S. but we all know Trump is a incompetent BUM! who has done nothing for this country but divide it and promote racism!

ZERO given on whoever is offended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RF Overlord
10-26-2017, 06:24 PM
I accept the blame for this thread going off the rails. I helped write the TOS so I should have known better.

Nothing more to see here...