PDA

View Full Version : The Fordnut rwhp record

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 01:43 AM
is 378, NA on Dynojet with corrections. I beat $400 my 4.6L stroker to 5.3L would beat 378 rwhp.

Fordnut car conditions when setting 378 rwhp, NA record:
* used 93 octane; 91 for me.
* 2.5" long tube exhaust headers into a two cat system only (rear cats removed).
* did not have to pass CA SMOG, but I will beat the 378 rwhp record and pass CA Smog.

Lowndex car conditions going for the record:
* 91 octane, which is 7.6 % ethanol
* all stock exhaust at 1 7/8 with shorter headers with 4 cats.

If I fail, there are four people who will receive $100 each. If I win, I will do so gracefully.

Dyno tuning is next week.

Seneca
12-04-2017, 04:07 AM
That's pretty kewl! I predict 390 for your setup

sailsmen
12-04-2017, 06:44 AM
What if you 'Win" who gets paid?

If you "Win" you can give me $100.;)

Mr. Man
12-04-2017, 11:08 AM
You should at least replace the 2" choke point in the mid-pipe. Not sure why Ford did this in the first place.

I didn't realize you were going stroker, so it's not a 4.6l NA car any longer. I think jsignorelli is over 400 with his stroker , but can't remember for sure what his numbers are. Good luck in any case.

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 11:45 AM
What if you 'Win" who gets paid?

If you "Win" you can give me $100.;)

BRG Racing, and they get paid enough! I get the pride of owning the new rwhp record.

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 11:48 AM
You should at least replace the 2" choke point in the mid-pipe. Not sure why Ford did this in the first place.

I didn't realize you were going stroker, so it's not a 4.6l NA car any longer. I think jsignorelli is over 400 with his stroker , but can't remember for sure what his numbers are. Good luck in any case.

Wait a second. Now I need a reply from Fordnut. If he's 378 rwhp NA record was a true 4.6L, the beat is void. The displacements must be the same.

If I am 'good=to-go' with my 5.3L stroker, then I have a backup strategy if my stock exhaust does not 'get it done' - install the Stainless Works 2.5" full system I already own. The problem is, I must pass CA Smog first, so no exhaust changes or blower allowed. After I pass CA Smog, the gloves come off. :beer:

FordNut
12-04-2017, 12:13 PM
Mine was big bore stroker with 9.5:1 CR, oversize valves, ported heads, higher lift & duration cams, headers, ported intake, bigger throttle body, electric water pump. I never could figure out how jsignorelli got over 400 with less displacement. Maybe more compression? Since I changed setup it really doesn't matter what I made NA.

mm svt
12-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Everything sounds good but if your n/a why 9.5/1 cr. That’s just to low for all that work unless you got boost later.

FordNut
12-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Everything sounds good but if your n/a why 9.5/1 cr. That’s just to low for all that work unless you got boost later.

Built for boost, was running na at that time. Making 750 on pump gas and 16 lb boost now.

WPG_Merc
12-04-2017, 04:06 PM
I'm still at 345 HP with a stock block & comp cams stage 3s. :beer:

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 07:48 PM

I do, I do.

First, I want the NA record to show BRG Racing engine building skills. Then, I have a 3.2LC Kenne Bell Mammoth, Class Glass Performance custom hood and Stainless Works full 2.5" exhaust system to install.

mm svt
12-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I do, I do.

First, I want the NA record to show BRG Racing engine building skills. Then, I have a 3.2LC Kenne Bell Mammoth, Class Glass Performance custom hood and Stainless Works full 2.5" exhaust system to install.

Ahh, That works too. How long do you have between smog tests? The N/A crown sounds good, I think Gordon is using laughing gas with his cams.

Svashtar
12-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Ahh, That works too. How long do you have between smog tests? The N/A crown sounds good, I think Gordon is using laughing gas with his cams.

CA smog is every other year. So every other year I have to put the stock air box back on and the stock tune for a few days prior.

I don’t see how anything much can be done in CA, nothing with exhaust anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk