PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate Marauder video!

TrilogyMarauder
12-04-2017, 05:55 PM
For those that haven't seen it........................

https://youtu.be/z3N1LdSLiww

:banana2:

Svashtar
12-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Awesome, thanks! Wish I lived in a free state where I could own one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I live in EPA crazyfornia and I am building an even better one. Where there is a will, there is a wacko with $.

Lowndex
12-04-2017, 07:44 PM
For those that haven't seen it........................

https://youtu.be/z3N1LdSLiww

:banana2:

I do not see Spectragod's car in the video. :burnout:

Spectragod
12-04-2017, 08:22 PM
I do not see Spectragod's car in the video. :burnout:

Mines a DTR, it won’t do burnouts. It’s so slow, I can barely find the thing.

Cosgrandmarquis
12-04-2017, 09:42 PM
This one is good, my favorite one is Defyant's Mercury Marauder doing badass burnouts with the song "Fuel-Metallica"
The video was on streetfire.net, but no longer there:bigcry: Anyone know where else I could watch it?

Svashtar
12-04-2017, 11:10 PM
I live in EPA crazyfornia and I am building an even better one. Where there is a will, there is a wacko with $.

Well, I’m in Monterey County, the Central Coast, formerly in Sonoma County for 20 years, then San Jose before that. Born and raised here, and every year it gets worse.

I’d love to pick your brain on how I could get there under the current BS smog laws, so thanks for any info you’d care to share. I’d really like the stainless works exhaust you mention in another post, but what’s the point if you’re stuck with those crappy cats?

I’d be thrilled to get the car to 450 HP at least, but don’t have a clue how to get there. (Although the other day RubberCity mentioned getting a CARB sticker by telling them it’s a Mach 1 engine.)

Anyway, always interested in someone that can workaround the *********.

(I’ll say it again, I can’t wait to move out of this state in a few years!)

RubberCtyRauder
12-05-2017, 08:15 AM
Well, I’m in Monterey County, the Central Coast, formerly in Sonoma County for 20 years, then San Jose before that. Born and raised here, and every year it gets worse.

I’d love to pick your brain on how I could get there under the current BS smog laws, so thanks for any info you’d care to share. I’d really like the stainless works exhaust you mention in another post, but what’s the point if you’re stuck with those crappy cats?

I’d be thrilled to get the car to 450 HP at least, but don’t have a clue how to get there. (Although the other day RubberCity mentioned getting a CARB sticker by telling them it’s a Mach 1 engine.)

Anyway, always interested in someone that can workaround the *********.

(I’ll say it again, I can’t wait to move out of this state in a few years!)

I never mentioned getting a CARB sticker for a MACH 1 motor. And Lowndex is playing with fire..he may or may not pass emissions..nobody knows. Then to go thru the expense of putting a blower/exhaust etc. on and then only have 2 years before it's time again..gonna take it all off and go thru the test again?

Just move before you want a power adderand make sure the state you go to isn;t an issue.

GoldPanther
12-05-2017, 08:18 AM
just curious if there's still chance to buy a trilogy kit? What are the chances and how much would it be?

RubberCtyRauder
12-05-2017, 08:31 AM
just curious if there's still chance to buy a trilogy kit? What are the chances and how much would it be?

zero chance..it's been long gone..Jerry Barnes is not going to resurrect them..They were $6500 or $6995 back in the day..Sometimes used ones come avail when people upgrade to whipples etc..but they are not usually 100% complete and Trilogy does not offer parts, so it turns into an eaton swap kind thing.

GoldPanther
12-05-2017, 08:36 AM
zero chance..it's been long gone..Jerry Barnes is not going to resurrect them..They were $6500 or $6995 back in the day..Sometimes used ones come avail when people upgrade to whipples etc..but they are not usually 100% complete and Trilogy does not offer parts, so it turns into an eaton swap kind thing.
Oh I see. Eaton swap seem to be more common.

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 08:56 AM
I never mentioned getting a CARB sticker for a MACH 1 motor. And Lowndex is playing with fire..he may or may not pass emissions..nobody knows. Then to go thru the expense of putting a blower/exhaust etc. on and then only have 2 years before it's time again..gonna take it all off and go thru the test again?

Just move before you want a power adderand make sure the state you go to isn;t an issue.

You’re right, my apologies. It was ByronRace in the thread “boosted MM, there is no substitute,” post 24. Don’t know how I got you guys mixed up.

It’s a PITA now to swap out the CAK for the stock unit and change the tune back every other year, but if someone had a workaround the emissions test I’m interested. Not willing to unbolt everything every other year though.

Chayton
12-05-2017, 09:36 AM

There are alternatives. Very, very easy alternatives. How long will it last who knows. But as of today and a year ago I had no problem getting my car to "pass" smog. although the "processing fee" is significantly more than traditional route.

gdmjoe
12-05-2017, 10:58 AM
Cosgrandmarquis ... my favorite one is Defyant's Mercury Marauder doing badass burnouts with the song "Fuel-Metallica"
The video was on streetfire.net, but no longer there:bigcry: Anyone know where else I could watch it?
Billy G-Man burnout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK47yBe6lrI) ««« -click-

Spectragod
12-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Oh I see. Eaton swap seem to be more common.

Jerry has a used kit.....

justbob
12-05-2017, 03:27 PM
You’re right, my apologies. It was ByronRace in the thread “boosted MM, there is no substitute,” post 24. Don’t know how I got you guys mixed up.

It’s a PITA now to swap out the CAK for the stock unit and change the tune back every other year, but if someone had a workaround the emissions test I’m interested. Not willing to unbolt everything every other year though.

PITA to change a CAI and a tune? That consists of less than 10 minutes! Yeah, I’d stay away from anything else in your case.

What I️ don’t get is how all these hot rods on all these TV shows from Cali get away with it? I️ mean Cali has to be the state with the most speed shops??

TrilogyMarauder
12-05-2017, 03:50 PM

You can buy mine for $27,500 and it comes with a pristine low mile Marauder! :P

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
PITA to change a CAI and a tune? That consists of less than 10 minutes! Yeah, I’d stay away from anything else in your case.

What I️ don’t get is how all these hot rods on all these TV shows from Cali get away with it? I️ mean Cali has to be the state with the most speed shops??

You’re right Bob, I’m just a clueless dick! I don’t think I can be trusted with anything complex. Thanks for your input there! [emoji1531]

I spend 40 minutes every other year disassembling the PHP airbox and Metco tube from the MAF, and digging around in storage for the stock airbox and putting it together. I didn’t say it was hard; I said it was a PITA.

That includes reflashing the tune with the old 9100 that used to also be time consuming, but with the new XCAL 4 is way faster. I used to spent 10 minutes alone on transferring the tune from the 9100. (****! Why the **** am I bothering to justify myself to you?)

The hot rods in CA get away with it by not being CARB compliant I guess. Also, it’s a hell of a lot easier to be in compliance with a new car than one 14 years old. That’s why I’m asking these guys for the specifics on how they’re passing or going to pass CA smog with way more than 450 HP estimated.

You know, to an expert in your field everything is easy. I have a garage full of tools, and have probably done more automotive work than a lot of guys, but I’m not a professional and don’t pretend to be.

But I really don’t need your ‘tude, and BTW, you wouldn’t last 5 minutes in my wheelhouse. So please do me a favor and go flex at someone else’s expense? There’s got to be plenty of other guys here you can put down. I get enough of that from my wife. Thanks Bob!

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 04:47 PM

You know, I paid $27,100 for my low mileage stock MM in 2004 (300 miles), so depending on the mileage that’s actually a great deal. Wish I had the $.

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 06:44 PM
There are alternatives. Very, very easy alternatives. How long will it last who knows. But as of today and a year ago I had no problem getting my car to "pass" smog. although the "processing fee" is significantly more than traditional route.

For years I had a very, very easy way to pass smog in CA as well. All it took was a bottle of Kessler and a folded up $20 bill left in the front seat, with a nod to the tech as I handed him the keys. I’d go next door for a couple of beers and when I got back, voila! The car passed every time! Go figure.

More of the good old days.

RF Overlord
12-05-2017, 07:13 PM
I’d really like the stainless works exhaust you mention in another post, but what’s the point if you’re stuck with those crappy cats?The cats are not as restrictive as you think. In the "good ol' days" when cats were first installed, they were awful and the platinum (palladium?...plutonium?...) that was in them was very expensive, so there was usually only one cat, even on huge V8s. Can you say: "massive restriction"?

8UWITH6
12-05-2017, 08:42 PM
You’re right Bob, I’m just a clueless dick! I don’t think I can be trusted with anything complex. Thanks for your input there! [emoji1531]

I spend 40 minutes every other year disassembling the PHP airbox and Metco tube from the MAF, and digging around in storage for the stock airbox and putting it together. I didn’t say it was hard; I said it was a PITA.

That includes reflashing the tune with the old 9100 that used to also be time consuming, but with the new XCAL 4 is way faster. I used to spent 10 minutes alone on transferring the tune from the 9100. (****! Why the **** am I bothering to justify myself to you?)

The hot rods in CA get away with it by not being CARB compliant I guess. Also, it’s a hell of a lot easier to be in compliance with a new car than one 14 years old. That’s why I’m asking these guys for the specifics on how they’re passing or going to pass CA smog with way more than 450 HP estimated.

You know, to an expert in your field everything is easy. I have a garage full of tools, and have probably done more automotive work than a lot of guys, but I’m not a professional and don’t pretend to be.

But I really don’t need your ‘tude, and BTW, you wouldn’t last 5 minutes in my wheelhouse. So please do me a favor and go flex at someone else’s expense? There’s got to be plenty of other guys here you can put down. I get enough of that from my wife. Thanks Bob!

Not to butt in here but if you have never met Bob in person then I can understand your reaction. I do not think his post was meant to put down. In fact I think it was a way to motivate through nudging, well, in a different way. A lot of us around here are sarcastic butt heads myself included and sometimes we take things a little too far but generally mean well. Bob would do anything for anyone, give him a chance to respond. Just my take on things.

Spectragod
12-05-2017, 08:54 PM
A lot of us around here are sarcastic butt heads myself included and sometimes we take things a little too far.

You have got to be kidding me, lol. I try not to let the internet inflict too much butthurt, but sometimes it can happen....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171206/b8b4beaf88699f48f01710fcdaf759 99.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171206/080774e9fe5c4775adffa7eb2f17c8 f3.jpg

Lowndex
12-05-2017, 09:27 PM

Just move before you want a power adder and make sure the state you go to isn;t an issue.

Ah, you have uncovered one of my plans. Which, has already worked!

Lowndex
12-05-2017, 09:29 PM

Where there is $ and a will, there is a way!

Lowndex
12-05-2017, 09:32 PM
For years I had a very, very easy way to pass smog in CA as well. All it took was a bottle of Kessler and a folded up $20 bill left in the front seat, with a nod to the tech as I handed him the keys. I’d go next door for a couple of beers and when I got back, voila! The car passed every time! Go figure.

More of the good old days.

It's closer to $1000 now.

justbob
12-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Didn’t say you were a clueless dick. Or even a plain jane dick for that matter. I️ simply said if you think a CAI and a reflash every two years stresses you out then I️ wouldn’t think adding to that list would be a wise move. You preach for me not to judge, but you seem to know exactly how I️ would hold up on your boat. You must be special?

And yes I️ was rubbing you sarcastically. It’s a car site..

Themarauderguy
12-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Lol and another one bites the dust!!!

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 11:44 PM
Didn’t say you were a clueless dick. Or even a plain jane dick for that matter. I️ simply said if you think a CAI and a reflash every two years stresses you out then I️ wouldn’t think adding to that list would be a wise move. You preach for me not to judge, but you seem to know exactly how I️ would hold up on your boat. You must be special?

And yes I️ was rubbing you sarcastically. It’s a car site..

I don’t care for assumptions, especially incorrect ones which are then used to generate a dig.

I didn’t say it was hard, and I didn’t say it stressed me out, and I wasn’t looking for opinions based on those incorrect assumptions. I said it was a pain, which it is. Your misperceptions are your own.

With the aftermarket CAK on there it would pass smog easily, but they won’t even look at it because no carb sticker, and it’s irritating to have to go into my storage pile and dig out the OEM parts every time.

I’m not special Bob, I just don’t care for cheap shots. I can deal with sarcasm, but I push back on chicken****. (You can add that line to your Butthurt report “reason for filing” Spectragod.)

On the other hand you’ve helped me and a bunch of others several times with great info just in the short time I’ve been back on the site, so I forgive you. [emoji8]. [emoji6]

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Lol and another one bites the dust!!!

Another one? How many have bitten the dust in the 13 weeks since you joined the site? Just curious.

Don’t count me as one of them yet; there’s too much good information here.

Svashtar
12-05-2017, 11:51 PM
The cats are not as restrictive as you think. In the "good ol' days" when cats were first installed, they were awful and the platinum (palladium?...plutonium?...) that was in them was very expensive, so there was usually only one cat, even on huge V8s. Can you say: "massive restriction"?

Thanks Bob, I didn’t know that. I thought by definition the cats California was happy with must be really restrictive. In that case I guess the diameter of the pipes is more of an issue than the cats then.

GoldPanther
12-06-2017, 06:31 AM
I can't afford good things at this moment :mad2:

tbone
12-06-2017, 07:34 AM
Justbob and ummm, Justbob.

Themarauderguy
12-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Another one? How many have bitten the dust in the 13 weeks since you joined the site? Just curious.

Don’t count me as one of them yet; there’s too much good information here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... lol I was talking about the Mustangs in the video that got their rear end ripped off by the Marauders that were supercharged don't wear your feelings on your sleeve! And like the owner of this site said. name-calling is just not acceptable on this site so let's all get along and and enjoy our Marauders . and have a good time and be nice to one another like the old saying goes you got to get along with your neighbor.:D