PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Conti

1stMerc
12-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Get to drive one for a couple of days, while car is in shop.
That Big Boy is Niiiice. Boy howdy it does have a lot of buttons to push. For a big car it scoots pretty d**n good when you mash the pedal, especially from a roll.

Blk Mamba
12-14-2017, 06:25 AM
I'd like to drive one, haven't even seen one yet. There are so few dealerships that carry the brand near here it's hard to find one.

tbone
12-14-2017, 07:27 AM
:confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Who comes up with this marketing crap?

Triple Threat
12-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Get to drive one for a couple of days, while car is in shop.
That Big Boy is Niiiice. Boy howdy it does have a lot of buttons to push. For a big car it scoots pretty d**n good when you mash the pedal, especially from a roll.

Got one for the wife 8 months ago.She loves it but only lets me drive it when she is with me so I can't take it to the track.

stevengerard
12-14-2017, 09:56 AM

There are very few car commercials created by car people. Nothing ever speaks about the car or what it can do. The last really good commercial I saw was years ago and it was a Porsche commercial, all about the emotion of the driving experience. Not some guy falling into a pool or going outside and seeing a car wrapped up for Christmas.

88LTDCV351
12-14-2017, 02:33 PM
I've seen maybe one or two continentials in the wild. But that is it. Didn't look as big of a car in person but maybe I was just expecting something big like the old Town Car.

Mr. Man
12-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Isn't it about the same size as a Taurus? Intermediate sized car 30 years ago. I haven't sat in a car that was truly full sized since... well the Marauder, and I always hit my head getting in it. Guess that's why tall fat guys buy trucks.

Joe Walsh
12-14-2017, 02:54 PM

Looks more like a Honda or Toyota commercial....

Owner is in the passenger seat facing backwards while the dog drives.
I've seen something close to this on the Beltway many times!

tbone
12-14-2017, 04:14 PM
Looks more like a Honda or Toyota commercial....

Owner is in the passenger seat facing backwards while the dog drives.
I've seen something close to this on the Beltway many times!

While reading a book no less. God knows when I want to read a book I get in my car and sit backwards....:rolleyes:

BLACKMARAUDER04
12-14-2017, 06:05 PM
Lincoln did very few commercial promoting the new Continental.
Just like the Marauder. Poor Marketing.
They just started offering reasonable leases because so many are on dealer lots. I saw one dealer with over 25.

Joe Walsh
12-14-2017, 06:56 PM
While reading a book no less. God knows when I want to read a book I get in my car and sit backwards....:rolleyes:

LOL....yeah the dash is wayyyyy more comfy than a 30 way adjustable leather seat!
Plus you think that you look cool.

BTW: The guy looks like he is Robert Downey Jr's douchy brother!

1stMerc
12-14-2017, 07:07 PM
Sorry folks, misspoke/mistyped.
It is actually a 2017. Title corrected.
Engine /bay is so covered up you can't readily see the turbos.

IMHO car should not come with lp tires. Don't provide that cushy ride you'd expect of a luxury barge.

Joe Walsh
12-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Wayyyy back when car commercials were funny.

This commercial really connected with me as I've owned many shiny black cars....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZhPtpibSk

OnZhPtpibSk

Mr. Man
12-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Wayyyy back when car commercials were funny.

This commercial really connected with me as I've owned many shiny black cars....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnZhPtpibSk

OnZhPtpibSkI can relate.

tbone
12-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Don't remember that one...funny!

I had my hood painted a couple years ago. Right after I had it done I came out of a store with my wife and saw a big purpleish bird crap on the hood and said to my wife "That's sh** is going to etch into the clearcoat". Sure enough...

stevengerard
12-15-2017, 06:35 PM
I don't remember it either, wonder if it was an east coast only commercial.

Joe Walsh
12-15-2017, 06:49 PM
It was a Super Bowl commercial...back in '97 IIRC.

stevengerard
12-15-2017, 08:00 PM
I bet even if it was on I missed it - Nissan

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-15-2017, 09:20 PM
The new alfa commercial was pretty good launching the quadrifoglio.

justbob
12-16-2017, 10:49 AM

But Matthew McConaughey is sexy... [emoji7]

I’ve seen plenty of these Conti’s where I live. Most are usually fleet limos. Nice looking ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stMerc
12-17-2017, 09:12 AM
I've seen maybe one or two continentials in the wild. But that is it. Didn't look as big of a car in person but maybe I was just expecting something big like the old Town Car.

It is about 10" shorter than the Marauder as they sit in the driveway, mostly in the outward trunk appearance. Conti trunk stretches more inward while the Marauder's is deeper. Way more roomy Conti interior, especially back seat section.

Lincoln did very few commercial promoting the new Continental.
Just like the Marauder. Poor Marketing.
They just started offering reasonable leases because so many are on dealer lots. I saw one dealer with over 25.

My dealer has about 20 of them sitting on the lot. With a price tag fully loaded of $73,495 i can see why. Fits the old adage "If you have to ask...

I KNOW I CAN"T...

1stMerc
12-17-2017, 09:16 AM
But Matthew McConaughey is sexy... [emoji7]

I’ve seen plenty of these Conti’s where I live. Most are usually fleet limos. Nice looking ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is the COOL one.

Joe Walsh
12-17-2017, 09:19 AM
It is about 10" shorter than the Marauder as they sit in the driveway, mostly in the outward trunk appearance. Conti trunk stretches more inward while the Marauder's is deeper. Way more roomy Conti interior, especially back seat section.

I saw one this week out at Dulles airport...it is a very nice looking car.

My dealer has about 20 of them sitting on the lot. With a price tag fully loaded of $73,495 i can see why.
But.....That is crazy money!
It makes my jaw drop just like the $84,000 F250 that I recently saw on a dealer lot. :awe:

Fits the old adage "If you have to ask...

I KNOW I CAN"T...

...................:shake:

stevengerard
12-17-2017, 09:53 AM
Haven't seen one yet, are they better looking in person, back end looks nice otherwise it reminds me of how an old Yellow cab would have evolved if still around.

sailsmen
12-17-2017, 11:52 AM
Save ~$10K and get a Chrysler 300.

My clients quit buying new P/U for their businesses 10 years ago. Couldn't justify the cost.

Urban Cowboys long live!

Jaguar
02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
I've been looking at the 2018 Continental. My MM spoiled me, though. I doubt the Continental will hold up as well as my MM in 15 years.

Can dealers do more customization than what's available online? I haven't been car shopping in 15 years. I'm fine with the base model Continental, but I like the fancy LED headlights and wheels on the mid-range versions. I wouldn't mind the upgraded speakers either. I don't want all the other junk like the turbo, heated seats, and powered trunk.

1Marauder
02-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Looks like a rebodied Tauras to me, was so excited at the idea... And so ambivalent when I finally saw one.

Rode in one and it roadie nice, quite, and was beautiful inside.

adtaylor
02-07-2018, 02:52 AM
I have had mines for a while now. Just has much if not more room inside than my marauder, I really love what they did with the new Continental.

BLACKMARAUDER04
02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
The Continental rides on a Modified Fusion / MKZ platform that is extended for the Continental. It is at its limits and hurts the ride quality a little.
The old Taurus / MKS used the shorter Fusion MKZ platform.
The new Taurus ( China only) rides on the same Continental platform.
Ford still has not decided if they are updating the Taurus (US) to the new platform. With SUV and Truck sales booming, Ford is not looking to invest $$ in any sedans. There is hint that the Fusion will be discontinued after the current cycle ends. ( I doubt this will happen - They sell way too many to discontinue). Hence the new Bronco and Ranger. Ford is even testing a Ranger Raptor.

ByronRACE
02-07-2018, 03:25 PM
I was excited about the car but quickly noticed the transverse engine and lost all wood. Barf.

Bigslim1
02-07-2018, 06:15 PM
The Continental rides on a Modified Fusion / MKZ platform that is extended for the Continental. It is at its limits and hurts the ride quality a little.
The old Taurus / MKS used the shorter Fusion MKZ platform.
The new Taurus ( China only) rides on the same Continental platform.
Ford still has not decided if they are updating the Taurus (US) to the new platform. With SUV and Truck sales booming, Ford is not looking to invest $$ in any sedans. There is hint that the Fusion will be discontinued after the current cycle ends. ( I doubt this will happen - They sell way too many to discontinue). Hence the new Bronco and Ranger. Ford is even testing a Ranger Raptor.
I thought the old Taurus/MKZ rode on the old Volvo 90 platform? The old Fusion used the old Mazda 6 platform.

Bigslim1
02-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Save ~$10K and get a Chrysler 300.

My clients quit buying new P/U for their businesses 10 years ago. Couldn't justify the cost.

Urban Cowboys long live!
Two completely different cars. The Chrysler can't hold a stick to the quality of the Lincoln. Just close the door on the 300 and then close the door of the Lincoln. You can hear the difference.

Jaguar
02-11-2018, 12:13 PM
The online price for a new 300C is $36k. That's pretty enticing. Too bad it looks like Chrysler isn't going to make it. They're down to two models.