PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Spirit in a Gas Can?

sailsmen
12-24-2017, 03:07 PM
The Christmas Spirit in a Gas Can?

The Christmas Spirit in a Gas Can? I left my house today to meet with a client in down town. I left early to swing by my CPA’s office to sign a check made out to the Internal Revenue Service.
I turn on Rivers Road, a 2.5 mile road that runs right thru a forest, being from South Louisiana I don’t get to use the word forest very much, with no side walk or shoulder and a ditch on both sides. I see a man walking in soiled work clothes with a gas can and a few feet behind him a stopped pick up with it’s flashers on.
I continue driving thinking about how the government is going to waste all that hard earned money and I am quizzing myself on the meeting with the client. I believe in show up, show up on time and show up ready to work!
I begin to think of the man with the gas can and his pick up. Walking 2.5 miles and leaving a pick up in a bend on a substandard road equates to a high risk of someone getting hurt. I do a u turn and head for the man with the gas can.
As I approach him I roll down the window and ask are you out of gas? He says yes, I say go wait in your truck and I will bring you some gas. I keep looking at my watch as I head home to get my gas can that I keep filled with gas.
I pride myself on always being early to meet my clients to let them know I value them. I also know if I am ever late they know it is for a good reason. I get the gas can from my house and park behind his pick up.
I carry the can to him and he extends his hand introducing himself as Ron. I tell him I have to be somewhere so I will leave the gas can with him. Ron states I cannot thank you enough, I reply one day you may see me on the side of the road and Ron says I will give you some gas.
Ron then says my can is usually full but two days ago I gave it to someone who ran out of gas and I reply it has come back to you. I write my address on a piece of paper and hand it to Ron, asking him to leave it in my driveway.
I skip going by the CPA’s office and make it to my clients meeting 5 minutes early! I wonder will the gas can be in my driveway or not?
When I pull into my driveway I see the gas can and two notes that say;
“Ron T 985-801-!@#$ Thank u so very much. Call if u ever need any electrical work.”
“Happy Holidays”.
When I picked up the gas can it was still half full!
The Christmas Spirit is in a gas can? The Christmas Spirit is wherever you want it to be!

jmsa540
12-24-2017, 07:08 PM
Cool story, man

martyo
12-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Excellent!!!!!!

Charlie Costell
12-25-2017, 05:22 AM
Always nice to pay it forward. Merry Christmas

RF Overlord
12-26-2017, 09:53 AM
This shouldn't be just a Christmas Spirit...it should be an everyday Spirit.

mm svt
12-26-2017, 10:24 AM
This shouldn't be just a Christmas Spirit...it should be an everyday Spirit.

Amen to that

sailsmen
12-26-2017, 01:17 PM
"The Christmas Spirit is in a gas can? The Christmas Spirit is wherever you want it to be!"

Catfish
12-26-2017, 06:45 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Bigdogjim
12-26-2017, 07:31 PM
So good of you to help!

1Marauder
12-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Nicely done. Good on you brother!