PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Ads with 'Mahk'

Joe Walsh
02-26-2018, 07:57 PM
So I'm trying to watch the Olympics and every 3 minutes one of those stupid 'Real People' Chevy Ads comes on with that douche host and his endless Chevy awards.
:blah: ......:blah: .......:blah:

I can't stand those idiotic ads!

But I just found these Chevy Ads on Youtube: Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0jTcGBxh6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15iLHlJPp_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTfS0nAgfuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-M5xg2Uyxw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBsq6HBBzw

There's a bunch more....but my sides hurt from laughing so hard!

crownvic97
02-27-2018, 02:48 AM
Love these!

...even though I drive a new Silverado :D

camelgrundle
02-27-2018, 04:15 AM
Now that’s funny.

MGDriver
02-27-2018, 06:27 AM
Even the original ads made the laugh, isn't it sad that the first thing they show you is how to connect your phone? Not a single mention of how the car handles and drives but hey this is how you can access your apps from the inbuilt touchscreen and it has wifi too. All the stuff I don't need when I'm driving.

They show you ads like this and act all surprised when half the population is staring at their phones while driving.

Turbov6Bryan
02-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Mahhk with zebra productions. Lol

I love how he even dogs himself about that horizontal line on his forehead

I've watched this guy for the last year, his stuff is pretty damn good

sailsmen
02-27-2018, 09:27 AM
It's only a matter a short amount of time that they figure out TV Ads don't work.

How often do you see a TV Ad that actually advertises the product???

crownvic97
02-27-2018, 10:16 AM
It's only a matter a short amount of time that they figure out TV Ads don't work.

How often do you see a TV Ad that actually advertises the product???

I honestly have to say, as far as cars go, Dodge makes awesome commercials. The supercharger whine of a Hellcat is absolute music and they are cool commercials.

Spectragod
02-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Chevy wouldn’t be advertising had our government not bailed them out with our tax dollars..... and our return on that investment is stupid commercials for overpriced cars....yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyBlackBeasts
02-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Even the original ads made the laugh, isn't it sad that the first thing they show you is how to connect your phone? Not a single mention of how the car handles and drives but hey this is how you can access your apps from the inbuilt touchscreen and it has wifi too. All the stuff I don't need when I'm driving.

They show you ads like this and act all surprised when half the population is staring at their phones while driving.

They are aiming ads at 28yr and less demographic to which connecting the phone is more important than anything else. A group that has grown up from infancy with ugly, no style, garbage box POS cars and no longer have the American love affair with cars. Just a means of transportation only to them, nothing else.

MyBlackBeasts
02-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Chevy wouldn’t be advertising had our government not bailed them out with our tax dollars.....

Which is why I swore to never buy Chrysler or GM until the bail out loans were paid back.

And when the POS a$$hat GM CEO got on television and LIED straight to my face & to all the world, I amended my oath to never buy GM in my lifetime.

Spectragod
02-28-2018, 06:09 AM
Which is why I swore to never buy Chrysler or GM until the bail out loans were paid back.

And when the POS a$$hat GM CEO got on television and LIED straight to my face & to all the world, I amended my oath to never buy GM in my lifetime.

GM did pay the loan back.........................w ith money they borrowed from, wait for it....... the federal gov't.

Then I look at my neighbors, both retired-ed from GM, both lost all their health care when we bailed out GM and let them take benefits away from 30+ year retired people, the husband of those 2 had to go back to work at almost 70 years of age, while the corporate leaders got their bonus's for nothing.

I get a GM discount, all I own are Ford products, GM can E.A.D.....

Joe Walsh
02-28-2018, 07:22 AM
GM did pay the loan back.........................w ith money they borrowed from, wait for it....... the federal gov't.

Then I look at my neighbors, both retired-ed from GM, both lost all their health care when we bailed out GM and let them take benefits away from 30+ year retired people, the husband of those 2 had to go back to work at almost 70 years of age, while the corporate leaders got their bonus's for nothing.

I get a GM discount, all I own are Ford products, GM can E.A.D.....

Unfortunately that is happening more and more...

Companies file Chapter whatever; reorganize, and dump all those nasty and onerous obligations....
like paying retirement benefits to all of their long time employees.

Anyway....back to the 'sitting on a busy freeway' Chevy Ad!......:rolleyes:

MGDriver
02-28-2018, 09:25 AM
They are aiming ads at 28yr and less demographic to which connecting the phone is more important than anything else. A group that has grown up from infancy with ugly, no style, garbage box POS cars and no longer have the American love affair with cars. Just a means of transportation only to them, nothing else.

I fit right into that demographic too, must have been doing something wrong... or right, whichever way you want to look at it.

MyBlackBeasts
02-28-2018, 03:23 PM
I fit right into that demographic too, must have been doing something wrong... or right, whichever way you want to look at it.

Yes, but your mindset is now a minority. It used to be the majority. Hence the car ad that talks about the phone & not the car...