PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Belongs to Tampa

Smokie
06-07-2004, 08:19 PM
My Bolts won it all !!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bigslim
06-07-2004, 09:42 PM
The owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning also owns the Detroit Pistons. If my team (Pistons)keeps on winning Davidson could be the first onwer to have two major teams win championship. Congrats to the Lightning.

89VERT
06-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Hey Smokie , being a "Good Canadian KId " as Don Cherry would say , I think you need to know the following :

1. There are 16 Canadians on the Tampa roster.
2. There are only 2 Americans.
3. Your Captain is Canadian.
4. The top four in scoring on the Lightning roster are Canadian.
5. A Canadian is the highest in penalty minutes .
6. Another Canadian is second.
7. The Conn Smtyh Trophy for the most valuable player in the play-offs is
from guess where ... ? Canada!
8. Both Assistant coaches for Tampa are Canadian.
9. Hockey is Canada's game and the Stanley Cup is without a doubt the
hardest championship to win in any sport .
10. Congratulations on a great series , it was the best we've seen in years !
Tampa has a great team and it was fun to watch . It's nice to see people
from the southern U.S. embracing our game!!

Patrick
06-08-2004, 12:56 AM
:up: :up: :up: :up:

Haggis
06-08-2004, 03:51 AM
Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lighting for winning the Stanley Cup on a HARD won series.

CRUZTAKER
06-08-2004, 04:44 AM
WooHoo!!!

Gage and I watched part of the series. He loves it! He say...."I can HIT people..." Future hockey fan baby...!

WTG Tampa, my other home.

Amsoil_Dealer
06-08-2004, 05:39 AM
Hey Smokie , being a "Good Canadian KId " as Don Cherry would say , I think you need to know the following :

Thank you Canada for providing such outstanding players for us Rednecks in FL. I have never been much of a Hockey fan but I have watched about 90% of the playoffs. Man those guys are tough and we are proud in Tampa!!!

Don

rookie1
06-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Congrats to the Lightning!! It was an absolutely great series. Now if only the Pistons can beat those Hollywood pretenders.

Dr Caleb
06-08-2004, 07:09 AM
That was a friggen awesome series! Calgary has nothing to be sorry for in losing that battle, and Tampa should be proud!

Saturday was awesome. There are only 3 sports I watch on TV. The creme-de-la-creme are the Indy 500 (disappointing this year) F1 from Montreal,. Toronto and Vancouver, and the Stanley Cup final. Game six, overtime on a Saturday night is the best you can hope for.

But an excellent game last night that went to the wire!

Smokie
06-08-2004, 03:29 PM

Actually, I was aware. I will not pretend to be a hockey man, but I take the time to learn when I don't know.
The Lightning players made me feel proud and I assure you that hockey in Tampa will benefit greatly from the fine example of courage, skill and determination exhibited by both the Calgary and Lightning players.

Our Canadian, Czech, Russian, Ukranian, Slovack, Swede and American players all made me proud with their work ethic and exciting style of hockey that emphasizes speed and skill over smash and brawn.

I thought the finals were fantastic and both teams gave their all right to the end.

Footnote: When our finest Canadian players where playing in Montreal I did not get a sense from the fans in Quebec that they felt much love or pride for their native sons.

TripleTransAm
06-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Footnote: When our finest Canadian players where playing in Montreal I did not get a sense from the fans in Quebec that they felt much love or pride for their native sons.

Montreal hockey fans are .... special. We'll boo our own team if necessary. Tough love, I guess... in a way, I kind of understand: when you make this kind of salary, it's kind of tough to get sympathy when you yammer to the media about stuff like losing the motivation, lack of teamwork, lack of drive. *****, if I was making anywhere near that kind of coin, you wouldn't keep me off the ice during any spare time, honing my skills and practicing my a$$ off. Put a team of like minded individuals together and you'd get a dynasty going.

Oh well, that's the way high-$$ sports seem to be going....

Congrats on a spectacular performance, Tampa... our CBC viewer results are showing record ratings for this past series!