PDA

View Full Version : Drive In?

sailsmen
04-25-2018, 08:06 PM
We were at a restaurant eating dinner when someone tried to Drive In.

The table next to the wall starts moving towards us. My child yells car and runs away.

I run out the front door thinking the driver is having a heart attack. He hit the throttle by mistake.

As I was assessing the condition of the auto occupants, the integrity of the vehicle and building area I asked a manager to check that all the burners were working to make certain the gas line was not impacted. He immediately responded.

I was impressed how the staff stayed focused on the safety of the customers. Specifically by moving them away from the impact area, closing off the impact area, directing to use the side entrance and staying away from the vehicle area.

ps The driver and his wife did not let this incident stop them from having dinner there, although not as a Drive In.

justbob
04-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Drive thru closed?

Damn that would be embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invective
04-26-2018, 06:49 AM
Good Grief! I’ve heard of many similar stories and never understood them.

Spectragod
04-26-2018, 06:56 AM
All I can say..... checking the burners for operation with a potential loose gas line will result in an explosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sailsmen
04-26-2018, 10:03 AM
Keep saying it!

"...to check that all the burners were working to make certain the gas line was not impacted...".

The burners are well beyond the impact area. If the burners stopped working as in went out the line feed was possibly severed or compromised.

Spectragod
04-26-2018, 02:14 PM
Keep saying it!

"...to check that all the burners were working to make certain the gas line was not impacted...".

The burners are well beyond the impact area. If the burners stopped working as in went out the line feed was possibly severed or compromised.

And....if the electronic igniters try to fire with gas in the building, boom.

Your post read like you wanted them to try and light them, not see if they were still on.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: :beer:

RF Overlord
04-26-2018, 02:29 PM
He hit the throttle by mistake.

Good Grief! I’ve heard of many similar stories and never understood them.Me neither. I've been driving for 46 years and I have never "mistaken" the gas for the brake.

Or Drive for Reverse.

With all the government-mandated nanny-crap they put on cars nowadays, why can't one of them be a loud voice that yells: "THE BRAKE PEDAL IS THE ONE IN THE MIDDLE!" whenever the car is shifted into gear.