PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Ford??

Marauderjack
04-26-2018, 07:47 AM
This ain't sounding too good for Ford!!:eek::shake:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-25/ford-saying-so-long-to-the-likes-of-the-fusion-and-the-fiesta

The Mustang will be the ONLY SURVIVOR!!:cool:

stevengerard
04-26-2018, 07:52 AM
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/ford-will-stop-selling-sedans-north-america-entirely-face-unstoppable-crossover?utm_source=DailyDriv e20180426&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=headline-top&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

Invective
04-26-2018, 08:01 AM
This ain't sounding too good for Ford!!:eek::shake:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-25/ford-saying-so-long-to-the-likes-of-the-fusion-and-the-fiesta

The Mustang will be the ONLY SURVIVOR!!:cool:

Thinking those projected sales figures for Mexico never materialized due to the $2 per hour mexican auto workers are still having to ride their bicycles to work….

RubberCtyRauder
04-26-2018, 08:04 AM
Ford's biggest market is China

MMBLUE
04-26-2018, 08:13 AM
I'm just going to say it. The Taurus sucks and always has sucked. At one time when it first came out it was revolutionary. When all that wore off, it was a belly button car. Honestly, it probably only exist now to be a platform for other cars (lincoln)to be built on.

I say it's about time. NOTHING that Ford now makes is even a little appealing to me.

Marauderjack
04-26-2018, 08:19 AM
I have a 2014 Mustang GT......well built and powerful little car and the key word is little!!:rolleyes:

It will NEVER be a hit with anyone but the "Sporting Crowd" and will never support the company!!:shake:

Law enforcement around here is crying about the demise of the CV.......Chrysler cars are impossible to keep on the road and Explores are......well Explorers!!:(

You'd think they'd resurrect the CV for fleet use??:confused:

Invective
04-26-2018, 08:24 AM
I have a 2014 Mustang GT......well built and powerful little car and the key word is little!!:rolleyes:

It will NEVER be a hit with anyone but the "Sporting Crowd" and will never support the company!!:shake:

Law enforcement around here is crying about the demise of the CV.......Chrysler cars are impossible to keep on the road and Explores are......well Explorers!!:(

Recalling that Chrysler dropped the Dart and 200 last year - can still find new ones on the sales lots...

MMBLUE
04-26-2018, 08:32 AM

I think that train passed a long time ago.

Lets face it. If any car company was smart enough, they'd make a fleet use vehicle only four door full size sedan for LEO's etc.

The Taxi crowd has figured out that they can use Camry's however, the Taxi business is in the tank because of uber, lyft etc.

Dodge is well...Dodge. What I hear from LEOS is the Dodge is....SMALL (roof height) and a PITA.

Key thing the car company has to consider is make it economical to fleet purchase.

Chevrolet tried it with the caprice PPV. The problem there is, they had to ship it half way around the world from Australia.

Anything Fusion/ Camry size is NOT big enough. The CV has and will be the safest cruiser to ever roam the streets. I still think they could've made better upgrade changes to it and kept it.

3pedal
04-26-2018, 11:44 AM
I am still digesting this news. My initial thought is I think it must be a mistake, but I am open to being wrong. I don't see how it will help sell cars now to tell everyone buying them Ford won't make or support them going forward.

If tastes change back to cars, how to they get there? I suppose if it is only a NA thing, they could bring their EU or AP offerings back over.

I have never understood why the big three never figured out how to make small to mid sized cars well. I understand is isn't a core market for the US consumer, but as the 3rd most populous country in the world, it is still a good sized market.

Time will tell what happens, as it always does. My prediction is they will either backtrack a little, or end up reintroducing some cars a few years out.

NorthShoreChiMM
04-26-2018, 12:52 PM
I would of loved to see a new CV with updated features, new engines and their tech, would be one hell of a car

sailsmen
04-26-2018, 01:07 PM
It's all about the profits. $75k+ for a PICK UP Truck!!!

Marauderjack
04-26-2018, 02:24 PM
I would of loved to see a new CV with updated features, new engines and their tech, would be one hell of a car

^^^+10^^^:beer::beer:

RubberCtyRauder
04-26-2018, 02:59 PM
if they get rid of their economy fuel cars, how will they meet CAFE standards in the future..?

justbob
04-26-2018, 04:59 PM
They probably made the announcement just to hear the opinions roll in. Next month might change..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Man
04-26-2018, 07:29 PM
if they get rid of their economy fuel cars, how will they meet CAFE standards in the future..?They are going big time electric propulsion.

Mr. Man
04-26-2018, 07:33 PM
I would of loved to see a new CV with updated features, new engines and their tech, would be one hell of a carShould have built the Interceptor:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2007/ford-interceptor-concept/

TrilogyMarauder
04-27-2018, 02:43 AM
Boy that front end is ugly. Now there's a car that could use a bra! :eek: :run:

1Marauder
04-27-2018, 06:56 AM
Time to update. Just make a longer, wider, taller, RWD, 4 door... Mustang.

Invective
04-27-2018, 07:03 AM
Time to update. Just make a longer, wider, taller, RWD, 4 door... Mustang.

Hmmm....Ask and Ye Shall Receive....

88LTDCV351
04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
I liked the Interceptor concept. Also liked that full size Lincoln that they had as a concept also (years before they came out with the new continental). Also liked that April fools joke many years ago with the pictures of a 4 door Mustang. Oh well, guess time for everyone to eventually force move to a big truck or SUV.

Grimrepairman
04-27-2018, 10:02 AM
Or buy a Chevy.

:puke:

Joe Walsh
04-27-2018, 10:11 AM
4 door Mustang....:hmmm:
Hey....Porsche makes the Panamera.

Bigslim1
04-27-2018, 08:41 PM
A few things to remember here. The CAFE laws were relaxed by the current administration. Trump erased the mandate that the Obama administration put into law. This gives the automakers "carte blanc" to build what they want even if that means building more high profit trucks. The problem is the automakers did this once before. This led to the government bailouts because the price of gas went up and Detroit was building trucks and selling out of date cars that no one wanted or were not fuel efficient. Looks like Detroit is headed back down that same road. I guess if I want a new car I will have to shop KIA or Hyundai. BTW, GM will discontinue most of their car line also including the Buick Lacrosse, Chevy Impala, Cadillac CTS, ATS and XTS as well as a slew of smaller cars.

Joe Walsh
04-28-2018, 07:32 AM
A few things to remember here. The CAFE laws were relaxed by the current administration. Trump erased the mandate that the Obama administration put into law. This gives the automakers "carte blanc" to build what they want even if that means building more high profit trucks. The problem is the automakers did this once before.
This led to the government bailouts because the price of gas went up and Detroit was building trucks and selling out of date cars that no one wanted or were not fuel efficient. Looks like Detroit is headed back down that same road. I guess if I want a new car I will have to shop KIA or Hyundai. BTW, GM will discontinue most of their car line also including the Buick Lacrosse, Chevy Impala, Cadillac CTS, ATS and XTS as well as a slew of smaller cars.

Yep....and yet Honda and Toyota will continue to sell boatloads of Accord and Camry sedans.

.... and I'll be stuck trying to navigate around those mindless lemmings
.... who wander and dawdle around the Balt/DC highways
.... texting and doing other incredibly stupid things
.... at 45 mph
.... in the left hand lane
.... clogging up traffic.

:mad2:

Bondfreak13
04-28-2018, 08:11 AM
Should have built the Interceptor:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/ranger/2007/ford-interceptor-concept/

They Did Built it.

It's call the Taurus.

DrZ
04-28-2018, 05:46 PM
The worst car I owned in my life was a 1989 Ford Taurus SHO. It was fun breaking the clutch every 10k miles. Front wheel drive piece of junk made me never buy front wheel drive again- my first one and only last FWD.

Grimrepairman
04-28-2018, 08:14 PM
The worst car I owned in my life was a 1989 Ford Taurus SHO. It was fun breaking the clutch every 10k miles. Front wheel drive piece of junk made me never buy front wheel drive again- my first one and only last FWD.

Blasphemy!

I have known many people that have owned many different Taurus SHOs, most of which survived 100-200k miles with minimal maintenance. All while surviving more than their fair share of spirited driving.
My '92 is 378whp, and quite fun. Was my favorite car until my Marauder came along.

Marauderjack
04-29-2018, 02:42 AM
High horsepower "Wrong Wheel Drive" cars are ridiculous!!:shake:

The Mustangs are FUN but they won't carry the company so I guess it's trucks and SUV "pods" for Ford's future.......SUX??:(

Drewstang
05-01-2018, 05:29 AM
I made the Taurus mistake for 3 years. The SHO was a nice updated step from a Marauder, but the FWD bias of my 2010 model killed any fun the car could have been. even with a tune and PTO replacement it was delayed in activating the AWD system. My eyes have been wondering to Dodge ever since I sold the SHO. A 4 door high performance domestic vehicle only leaves the discontinued Chevy SS or a Charger. The SRT392 or a nicely optioned Scat Pack checks all the boxes for me.

Mr. Man
05-01-2018, 10:01 AM
I made the Taurus mistake for 3 years. The SHO was a nice updated step from a Marauder, but the FWD bias of my 2010 model killed any fun the car could have been. Must be all the power in today's FWD cars. Years ago when I was skinnier I had a lot fun blasting through the twistys in a real Mini. Now even though I still dream of owning a real Mini again I would be mimicking Bubba Smith.

justbob
05-01-2018, 02:40 PM
Must be all the power in today's FWD cars. Years ago when I was skinnier I had a lot fun blasting through the twistys in a real Mini. Now even though I still dream of owning a real Mini again I would be mimicking Bubba Smith.

You in an old Mini? Now that I’d pay to see. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevengerard
05-01-2018, 04:12 PM
I had a 93 manual and a 94 automatic SHO. I really liked both those cars except for the FWD and when anything broke it was expensive. I will say that Yamaha V6 was an unbelievable engine - never had an issue with the engine.

Mr. Man
05-02-2018, 12:18 AM
You in an old Mini? Now that I’d pay to see. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou should have seen me getting into some Lexus coupe about a year ago. Now I know how Santa feels. :lol:

MMBLUE
05-02-2018, 04:33 AM
A 4 door high performance domestic vehicle only leaves the discontinued Chevy SS or a Charger. The SRT392 or a nicely optioned Scat Pack checks all the boxes for me.

Exactly why I got a SS :burn:

crownvic97
05-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Exactly why I got a SS :burn:

How do you like it?

MMBLUE
05-03-2018, 12:21 PM
How do you like it?

Absolutely LOVE it. Has everything. I still am learning a lot about what it can and can't do.

Marauderjack
05-06-2018, 04:57 AM
Why was the SS discontinued.....poor sales??:confused:

Drewstang
05-07-2018, 07:54 AM
The plant it was produced from in Australia was closed.

MMBLUE
05-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Why was the SS discontinued.....poor sales??:confused:

That ^^^ and below.

The plant it was produced from in Australia was closed.

Mostly because the closing of the plant in Australia. Shame really. Aussies are known for rear wheel drive V8 super cars and those types. They LOVE muscle cars.

Like everything else, liberalism has killed it off.

Marauderjack
05-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Sad that happened.......but it's all about $$$'s!!:cool: