PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Rules?

RobertG
06-09-2004, 09:08 AM
A few days ago was the first time more than two people have been in my MM. I loaded five (including myself, of course) people in to go out for lunch. I told everyone to be watchful of what they tracked in, what was in their pockets, etc., but I still worried about it.

I was wondering if anyone has a standard set of rules they tell anyone getting into their car, or am I just obsessive<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> :)</v:shapetype>?

duhtroll
06-09-2004, 09:16 AM
No food, and if shoes are muddy, they ride in the trunk in a bag. (shoes not person)

If someone were to light up, it would be their choice to smoke or to ride, but not both.

Not kidding. One thing I have learned is that many people have no idea how to care for others' possessions.

Thanks,
-A

2003 MIB
06-09-2004, 09:16 AM
NO!!!- You are completely normal- completely, completely normal...Obsessive is an ugly word slackers developed to cover up their inherant disregard for other people's stuff. :up:

Haggis
06-09-2004, 09:33 AM
The one I adopted was pointed out to me by Paul Casey's wife Georgann.

"Sit back, shutup and hold on!!" :burnout:

Logan
06-09-2004, 09:40 AM
One of the many reasons I generally don't like people.

Ross
06-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Definitely no smoking!

MAD-3R's Wife
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
We both have the rules of "No Smoking" and "Buckle UP!". He is more careful about what is dragged in on the bottom of people's shoes.

the fat bastid
06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
buckle up. (at least to the front passenger)
i dont need a 170 lb object bouncing around my cabin during an accident
because they dont feel like wearing it.

as well as no smoking and watch what you track in.

2003 MIB
06-09-2004, 10:26 AM
One of the many reasons I generally don't like people.

That's a whole 'nother thread, Boss... :)

SouLRioT
06-09-2004, 10:31 AM
no smoking, seatbelted, and most of my friends follow me in the shoe click off the edge of the seat. Everyone who enters my car has similar regard for vehicles.

woaface
06-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah, no one smokes in my car either. But I don't bother to tell people to dust off their shoes, I just sweep later. Drinks and food are to be held, either by hand or between the legs. Period.

TAF
06-09-2004, 10:46 AM
My rule: NO female undergarments ALLOWED!!!

'cause if my wife finds them...I'm in DEEP :censor: :eek:

CRUZTAKER
06-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Just wear a seatbelt!

BTW: I recently looked in the back seat are of the MM....apparently during EAM-II I was massively mudded on both floor boards!!!

Hey Gavin and Doc! Where the F were you two walking before you hopped in my car!:lol:

martyo
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
I just don't let anyone in my car. It cuts out the need for any other rules. Try it and I think you will agree.

Patrick
06-09-2004, 10:53 AM

:bows: :bows: :up: :up: Check your PM.

Logan
06-09-2004, 10:54 AM
That's ok marty, no one wants to smack their head on a roll cage anyway... ;)

I just don't let anyone in my car. It cuts out the need for any other rules. Try it and I think you will agree.

TAF
06-09-2004, 10:55 AM
That's ok marty, no one wants to smack their head on a roll cage anyway... ;)
PLUS...only the 2 FRONT seats have the 5-point harnesses....:eek:

martyo
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
PLUS...only the 2 FRONT seats have the 5-point harnesses....:eek:

Shhhhhhh!!!!

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:01 AM

SO, when I come to Atlanta I will remember this ONE!!!!!!!!! :D :rock: :up:

Ross
06-09-2004, 11:04 AM
SO, when I come to Atlanta I will remember this ONE!!!!!!!!! :D :rock: :up:

Please Lynn, don't encourage him! Some of our younger members may be watching this thread! :lol:

dwasson
06-09-2004, 11:07 AM

So, do you change at work before you drive home or what?

Patrick
06-09-2004, 11:09 AM

Round 1!!!!!

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Please Lynn, don't encourage him! Some of our younger members may be watching this thread! :lol:
Sorry Ross....MY BAD!!! I'm just bored to death here at the office today!!!!!!!! ;)

RobertG
06-09-2004, 11:10 AM
I do believe this would provide me the most piece of mind. :up:

RoyLPita
06-09-2004, 11:11 AM
The one I adopted was pointed out to me by Paul Casey's wife Georgann.

"Sit back, shutup and hold on!!" :burnout:

Mine is "Get in. Sit down. Shut up. And hold on!!!"

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Mine is "Get in. Sit down. Shut up. And hold on!!!"

Heck, forget all that other stuff.....it's just "Hold on"!!!! and "Do you need a barf bag yet"? :lol:

TAF
06-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey Ross!!! You can just STAY OUT OF THIS!!!!

You were saying Lynn.....;)

Ross
06-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Heck, forget all that other stuff.....it's just "Hold on"!!!! and "Do you need a barf bag yet"? :lol:

I know one rule that will keep people out of some trouble:

Don't let Jrzygrl and Marauderchick race each other!

TAF
06-09-2004, 11:23 AM
I'm ALWAYS "commando" Dan...so no need for the change. (Now THERE was a mental picture many of you could have done without)

2003 MIB
06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm ALWAYS "commando" Dan...so no need for the change. (Now THERE was a mental picture many of you could have done without)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEW! :puke:

Ross
06-09-2004, 11:31 AM

I'm only like that when I wear my kilt. Of course, with a kilt it's called being "regimental."

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
I know one rule that will keep people out of some trouble:

Don't let Jrzygrl and Marauderchick race each other!

Will we have to do it UNDERGARMENTLESS?

TAF
06-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Will we have to do it UNDERGARMENTLESS?YES!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAF
06-09-2004, 11:33 AM
sorry...I "drifted off" there for a moment...you were saying Lynn?

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:33 AM

Now that's twice today Marty had to give up the Krispy Kremes!!!

Ross
06-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Somebody better call Kathy and let her know what Lynn is about to get her into! Come to think about it, don't call Kathy, this is going pretty good.

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:36 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

D*MN I"M GOOD! FEEL BETTER NOW?

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Somebody better call Kathy and let her know what Lynn is about to get her into! Come to think about it, don't call Kathy, this is going pretty good.
Perhaps this will encourage more members to sign on to INDY! :up:

Ross
06-09-2004, 11:41 AM
I have to be sure that Dawn doesn't read this thread. She might make me start hanging out on some Volkswagen website. :banned:

jrzygrl
06-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Poor RobertG, we pretty well "gangstered" this one.......... :nono:

2003 MIB
06-09-2004, 11:52 AM
"hanging out"

Didja have to say that?!?

dwasson
06-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah Todd, my wife came home the other day and she was talking very quiet. She said, "Take off my blouse."

So I did.

And she said, "Take off my skirt."

So I did.

And she said, "Take off my underwear."

And I did.

Then she said, "If I catch you wearing my clothes again you're in trouble mister!"

martyo
06-09-2004, 12:25 PM
(Now THERE was a mental picture many of you could have done without)

You took the words right out of my mouth....and the food right out of my stomach. :puke:

sailsmen
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
No smoking and a seat belt. Drink must be held over lap and eating only over a paper towel. That's the only rules.

I have cheap plastic mats that I can shake out.

martyo
06-09-2004, 12:34 PM
sorry...I "drifted off" there for a moment...you were saying Lynn?

Drifted off or whacked off???

bubba
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
You are fine with having rules. If people think that is strange you should see the rules you must read and agree to BEFORE you get on my boat. Some people will not visit because they think I am nuts. However, with the investment in the boat I would be crazy to not be anal about shat happens to it.

mrjones
06-09-2004, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=martyo]I just don't let anyone in my car.

But my wife and kids look so sad standing on the curb!

Bluerauder
06-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Definitely no smoking!

I am a smoker .... and I don't even smoke in my Marauder. After 8 months, I don't even notice it anymore.

the fat bastid
06-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Hey Gavin and Doc! Where the F were you two walking before you hopped in my car!

hey! you where there!

most likely got it from the Cod as we ran from
the downpour torando world ending hurricane thing.

Donny Carlson
06-09-2004, 04:42 PM

So, who left those knickers under your passenger seat? Marty?

QWK SVT
06-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I am a smoker .... and I don't even smoke in my Marauder. After 8 months, I don't even notice it anymore.
I'm also a smoker, and refuse to smoke in my vehicles. I did it in my first car, and almost got into an accident, when the heater fell in my lap. Never again. No smell, either.

My rules - No smoke, no food, no drink, no mud/dirt (there's paper towel right there to wipe the shoes, when required), and for God's sake... No touching the radio!:bounce: Failure to comply with the above will result in someone walking.

the_pack_rat
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Quirks -

Not so much passenger rules, but some of my general car related "quirks" -

Pretty much been a NON-smoker most of my life ... & that was always something that was OFF-limits in my cars.

Eating strongly discouraged - but if you must - it has to be something that can't make a mess or it's not going to happen.

Don't screw w/my radio w/o asking.

If I want the a/c on - it's staying on. Don't start opening windows - bring a sweater next time etc etc.

Don't expect me to find the closest parking space when going to any public place. Be prepared to WALK - or request a drop off at the door & wait till I go find "suitable" parking FAR AWAY from all the morons. Decisions on shopping - errands & even work have been made based upon "suitable" parking away from others.

If my car is freshly washed & in the garage - I've been known to re-think &/or postpone UN-necessary errands if it rains or looks like it may rain.

I have gotten by w/as little as only (2) vacuums a yr on my daily driven car. When getting in the car - I will sit on the seat 1st - then firmly kick the bottoms of my shoes together before bringing them into the car. My biggest need to vacuum at this point - is cat hair that gets tracked in off my clothing(very noticeable on dark interiors) - not dirt I drag in.

Repairs/maintenance - when & if at all possible, I do NOT like to drop off/leave my cars ANYWHERE. I try to schedule so I can WAIT - & I will try & keep my eyes on the car thru-out the whole ENTIRE process. I bring an extra set of keys w/me ... so when the car is done & moved back outside - I can go & move it & park it where/how I want it - out of harms way, while I am inside checking out/paying the bill etc etc. I'm real picky about wheel covers & center caps. I like to take this stuff off MYSELF & re-install MYSELF. I've found many center caps should be removed w/whatever tool the car came with from the factory - NOT w/a standard screwdriver. My TC is a perfect example. I once went to remove one of the center caps w/a regular screwdriver & chipped the edge of the cap. The opposite end of the factory lug wrench, while it looks like it could easily do damage - does NOT do this. Speaking of wheels ... if the car is new or the wheels have never had wheel weights on the outside - I always INSIST on static balancing. Just like I don't want to see markings from prying the centercaps on/off ... I don't want to see blemishes left from the wheel weights either.

There are other quirks ...

But I think this is more than enough to make my point.

Funny a subject like this came up. Yesterday I got an oil change & today I got a wheel alignment - balance & rotate on the TC ... & watched everyone like a hawk as always. That got me thinking how I was even WORSE when I had my Mountaineer(only car I ever bought NEW). 2 1/2 yrs & 25K miles on that w/o so much as a door ding - vacuumed 4x at the most that entire time ... that's how clean I kept it. Maybe I really DON'T need a NEW 04 MM ... the worry & stress of some idiot screwing it up is already making my blood pressure rise & I don't even OWN one yet.

Eric < --- semi automotive obsessive compulsive

:help: :lol: :help:

studio460
06-09-2004, 09:53 PM
You're NOT weird. Everyone entering my car is asked if they have any pens or sharp objects in their pockets. You don't even want to know how much it costs to recover your front leather seat back (about $900 including labor).

duhtroll
06-09-2004, 10:49 PM

What . . .

Combat fatigues?

-A

duhtroll
06-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Will we have to do it UNDERGARMENTLESS?

No, just outergarmentless.

You can wear undergarments if it were up to me.

:P

-A

Patrick
06-10-2004, 12:58 AM
I have only one rule, BUCKLE UP!!! Everyone knows me and how I keep her washed and waxed and clean. My friends respect my ride. At work and going to lunch I say I can take some people in mine a few say well my feet are dirty and I dont want to mess up your car, I say get in I will clean it up later. If your worried about messing sumtin up you will not enjoy the drive. And thats what is about isnt it. ENJOY THE DRIVE??????????

MM03MOK
06-10-2004, 04:23 AM
Hey Gavin and Doc! Where the F were you two walking before you hopped in my car!:lol:Same place where Patches got the muck on her! :lol:

Marauder
06-10-2004, 06:02 AM
My passengers are not allowed to eat, drink, smoke, or sit in my car!!!

jaywish
06-10-2004, 09:21 AM
You don't even want to know how much it costs to recover your front leather seat back (about $900 including labor).

Shooter! I didn't want to know.

jaywish
06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
I'm probably not as retentative about this as I should be.

Smoking is OK, though I don't smoke. Drinking is fine, even though most of my old buddies no longer drink and I don't drink alone (usually). Eating is OK, but I might draw the line on this depending on the messiness of the particular food.
As far as shoe dirt I only ask folks to be carefull if we just came through mud or slush etc. Unless it was a Sr. citizen I might be inclined to see about cleaning talents of a passenger who brought in poop.(I have an extra set of floor mats stored in the garage) Seat belts are required.

What really bugs me the most is my dog Pete, If he wasn't hell bent on protecting me, I'd let him ride all the time. As it is now if he perceives a threat he could tear the leather jumping quickly to the threatened part of the car and he sure leaves some nasty marks on the glass and door trim trying to chew and claw his way out and neutralize the threat. At least he is a short hair so the shedding isn't bad at all.

jaywish
06-10-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm probably not as retentative about this as I should be.

Smoking is OK, though I don't smoke. Drinking is fine, even though most of my old buddies no longer drink and I don't drink alone (usually). Eating is OK, but I might draw the line on this depending on the messiness of the particular food. As far as shoe dirt I only ask folks to be carefull if we just came through mud or slush etc. I might be inclined to see about the cleaning talents of a passenger who brought in poop, unless it was a Sr. Citizen. (I have an extra set of floor mats stored in the garage) Seat belts are required.

What really bugs me the most is my dog Pete, If he wasn't hell bent on protecting me, I'd let him ride all the time. As it is now if he perceives a threat he could tear the leather jumping quickly to the threatened part of the car. He sure leaves some nasty marks on the glass and door trim trying to chew and claw his way out to neutralize the threat. At least he is a short hair so the shedding isn't bad at all.

Marc
06-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Rule 1: Buckle up because the annoying seat belt bell always goes off anyway.
Rule 2: Its my stereo. Don't touch it. Don't sing along with it.
Rule 3: I am the only one that can eat and drink in my car.
Rule 4: No passengers heavier than 130 lbs.
Rule 5: Don't ask questions that begin with "Why do you..." You most likely wouldn't understand the answer anyway.
Rule 6: Don't give me directions.
Rule 7: Read the directions I wrote down and gave to you. Yes, they're correct

Patrick
06-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Rule 1: Buckle up because the annoying seat belt bell always goes off anyway.
Rule 2: Its my stereo. Don't touch it. Don't sing along with it.
Rule 3: I am the only one that can eat and drink in my car.
Rule 4: No passengers heavier than 130 lbs.
Rule 5: Don't ask questions that begin with "Why do you..." You most likely wouldn't understand the answer anyway.
Rule 6: Don't give me directions.
Rule 7: Read the directions I wrote down and gave to you. Yes, they're correct
:up: :up:

jrzygrl
06-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Quirks -

Not so much passenger rules, but some of my general car related "quirks" -

Pretty much been a NON-smoker most of my life ... & that was always something that was OFF-limits in my cars.

Eating strongly discouraged - but if you must - it has to be something that can't make a mess or it's not going to happen.

Don't screw w/my radio w/o asking.

If I want the a/c on - it's staying on. Don't start opening windows - bring a sweater next time etc etc.

Don't expect me to find the closest parking space when going to any public place. Be prepared to WALK - or request a drop off at the door & wait till I go find "suitable" parking FAR AWAY from all the morons. Decisions on shopping - errands & even work have been made based upon "suitable" parking away from others.

If my car is freshly washed & in the garage - I've been known to re-think &/or postpone UN-necessary errands if it rains or looks like it may rain.

I have gotten by w/as little as only (2) vacuums a yr on my daily driven car. When getting in the car - I will sit on the seat 1st - then firmly kick the bottoms of my shoes together before bringing them into the car. My biggest need to vacuum at this point - is cat hair that gets tracked in off my clothing(very noticeable on dark interiors) - not dirt I drag in.

Repairs/maintenance - when & if at all possible, I do NOT like to drop off/leave my cars ANYWHERE. I try to schedule so I can WAIT - & I will try & keep my eyes on the car thru-out the whole ENTIRE process. I bring an extra set of keys w/me ... so when the car is done & moved back outside - I can go & move it & park it where/how I want it - out of harms way, while I am inside checking out/paying the bill etc etc. I'm real picky about wheel covers & center caps. I like to take this stuff off MYSELF & re-install MYSELF. I've found many center caps should be removed w/whatever tool the car came with from the factory - NOT w/a standard screwdriver. My TC is a perfect example. I once went to remove one of the center caps w/a regular screwdriver & chipped the edge of the cap. The opposite end of the factory lug wrench, while it looks like it could easily do damage - does NOT do this. Speaking of wheels ... if the car is new or the wheels have never had wheel weights on the outside - I always INSIST on static balancing. Just like I don't want to see markings from prying the centercaps on/off ... I don't want to see blemishes left from the wheel weights either.

There are other quirks ...

But I think this is more than enough to make my point.

Funny a subject like this came up. Yesterday I got an oil change & today I got a wheel alignment - balance & rotate on the TC ... & watched everyone like a hawk as always. That got me thinking how I was even WORSE when I had my Mountaineer(only car I ever bought NEW). 2 1/2 yrs & 25K miles on that w/o so much as a door ding - vacuumed 4x at the most that entire time ... that's how clean I kept it. Maybe I really DON'T need a NEW 04 MM ... the worry & stress of some idiot screwing it up is already making my blood pressure rise & I don't even OWN one yet.

Eric < --- semi automotive obsessive compulsive

:help: :lol: :help: EVER SEE THE MOVIE "MATCHSTICK MEN" ? :lol:

MARAUDERCHICK
06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good One Lynn!

jrzygrl
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good One Lynn!

Thanks Kathy, I do try.......... :D

the_pack_rat
06-10-2004, 12:16 PM
EVER SEE THE MOVIE "MATCHSTICK MEN" ? :lol:

Can't say I did.

Did a google read the basics on it - can't say my life is really like his.

With that said ...

I vote we go back to talking about undergarments or the lack of.

:lol:

Just teasing.

;)

Eric

SILVERMARAUDER
06-12-2004, 06:53 AM
no sweaty hairy legs! :banana2:

Mad4Macs
06-12-2004, 08:37 AM
http://www.bikerdecals.com/Singles/b249.htm
:D

Silver_04
06-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Seatbelt, no food and no smoking. I prefer that my passengers be carrying two X chromosomes and if you don't like my spirited style of driving...then get out an walk because the car will be driven like I stole it.

Oh yeah, no carnies either. The wig me out.

woaface
06-12-2004, 11:07 AM
8. No yelling, screaming, or jumping around.

9. It’s my cell phone, get your own damn cell phone. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></P><P style=

JGaignat
06-12-2004, 02:36 PM
As stated by the pack rat:
"Don't expect me to find the closest parking space when going to any public place. Be prepared to WALK - or request a drop off at the door & wait till I go find "suitable" parking FAR AWAY from all the morons. Decisions on shopping - errands & even work have been made based upon "suitable" parking away from others."

AMEN to that. It is amazing I haven't lost weight with this car. I park miles away from everything. I made the mistake once of parking where there was a grassy median next to me. I came out to find my freshly washed MM covered with water spots from the sprinkler. It got a wash and polish the next day.

If you attempt to smoke in my MM.....you'd better be on fire! If this was the case....I'd push you out of the car as we drove down the highway. Anyone that would be getting in any car of mine would know better than attempt to light up.

My car won't start in the morning if I don't have a cup of coffee in my hand so I'm pretty easy to get along with as far as the eating and drinking goes. I constantly vacuum the pop tart crumbs out of my seat.

Some of you will cringe at this one....but the MM serves as our dining room table much of the time. Ususlly it is me and one or both of the kids and sometimes a buddy of theirs chomping on McDonalds as we race to some event. Last weekend after my sons soccer game (in the rain) we ran to the car. When we got out at home.....I forgot about my sons soccer cleats. The passenger floor mat was a mess......but it will clean.

My thoughts are....I can clean a coffee/coke spill or I can vacuum up a french fry or two every now and then.....but I could not cover up what would happen if a smoker dropped their ciggie in my car. :bounce: :mad2:

JGaignat
06-12-2004, 02:38 PM
8. No yelling, screaming, or jumping around.

9. It’s my cell phone, get your own damn cell phone. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><o:p></o:p></P><P style=

AMEN to those as well!!

HwyCruiser
06-12-2004, 03:00 PM
My only disclaimer: This vehicle WILL make sudden and abrupt maneuvers, so buckle up and no whining.

Besides that, smoke 'em if you got 'em... just roll down the window and hang the butt outside.

- JD