PDA

View Full Version : Does the killer Chiller really help out in hot climate areas like Texas

Themarauderguy
06-05-2018, 02:31 PM
I was interested in looking into the killer Chiller wanted some input on how much it helps. here in Texas we see Triple digits most of the summer. I have court old car so the trilogies on about 15 pounds of boost on a built engine of course is built. here in the heat lately it's really bogging down. Really hot days of course I'm not pushing it cause don't want to cause any predetonation or harm to the engine on real hot days. Really just want to know is the killer killer going to help with this issue. I've got an upgraded heat exchanger with three external fans.

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 02:59 PM
yes, in fact you really dont need a huge heat exchanger. , that's what KC says. where you live it is gonna help. meth inj. help too but then you always gotta refill it.

musclemerc
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Meth on a PD blower???

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Meth on a PD blower???

it's been done, maybe not on a,marauder but elsewhere ive seen, read.

musclemerc
06-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Where did they put the jets?

Pre or post blower?

sailsmen
06-05-2018, 03:22 PM
I believe Blown3.8 uses Meth on a pd.

Watch your airflow over the rad and your coolant temps.

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=musclemerc;1559264]Meth on a pd blower?

not saying it should be done. its been shown to lower air temp on a roots blower. is it practical? i dunno, i didnt save the website that did it. it was on an older style bds type blower

Themarauderguy
06-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Okay I'll keep that in mind I already have meth injection but doesn't seem to help much on hot days I have the trilogy supercharger by the way and the meth goes in the intake before throttle body. Thanks for all the info

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 05:03 PM
i have a ported Trilogy with KC now. IAT on hot GA day was around ambient...so near 95-100.

musclemerc
06-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Okay I'll keep that in mind I already have meth injection but doesn't seem to help much on hot days I have the trilogy supercharger by the way and the meth goes in the intake before throttle body. Thanks for all the info

I've seen a Trilogy SC with 100 percent of the Teflon coating stripped off the rotor pack.

Not to mention what your doing to the needle bearings spraying meth pre boost...

What do you think meth does to the grease pack?

Prolly nothing...

Post boost is the only way to do it right with PD.

Themarauderguy
06-05-2018, 06:02 PM
I actually just had my supercharger took apart no Teflon missing!!! Court ran it this way for years I'm a mechanic this isn't my first rodeo. I've had several supercharged car is now. As far as the needle bearings go let me tell you something Buddy. if they were that open and exposed any dirt or debris will get in them as well. once you put your rotors in they're sealed as best as they're going to be. I've also taken an eaton apart before I know how they're built! thanks for the input though.

Themarauderguy
06-05-2018, 06:03 PM
i have a ported Trilogy with KC now. IAT on hot GA day was around ambient...so near 95-100.
Awesome that's really good news to hear I'll definitely be looking into the killer Chiller thank you sir for your info.

03MERCMARAUDER
06-05-2018, 07:18 PM

What heat exchanger are you running?

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 07:52 PM
What heat exchanger are you running?

stock Trilogy one

03MERCMARAUDER
06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
stock Trilogy oneWas the trilogy heat exchanger like the cobra unit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zack
06-05-2018, 08:30 PM
E85 remedies all of these problems. I terrorize my Lincoln in drastic temps. No issue. No power loss.

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Was the trilogy heat exchanger like the cobra unit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm not positive, but I believe it is

RubberCtyRauder
06-05-2018, 09:12 PM
No E85 here..

Turbov6Bryan
06-05-2018, 09:50 PM
I've seen a Trilogy SC with 100 percent of the Teflon coating stripped off the rotor pack.

Not to mention what your doing to the needle bearings spraying meth pre boost...

What do you think meth does to the grease pack?

Prolly nothing...

Post boost is the only way to do it right with PD.

I wonder if it was denatured alcohol they were using that caused it?

musclemerc
06-06-2018, 04:10 AM
I actually just had my supercharger took apart no Teflon missing!!! Court ran it this way for years I'm a mechanic this isn't my first rodeo. I've had several supercharged car is now. As far as the needle bearings go let me tell you something Buddy. if they were that open and exposed any dirt or debris will get in them as well. once you put your rotors in they're sealed as best as they're going to be. I've also taken an eaton apart before I know how they're built! thanks for the input though.

No one on this site should trust anything I say. Verify it with Magnuson they built the SC for Trilogies. 805-642-8833

They're going to tell you "We do not recommend using meth on any of our SC units" Been there and done that!!!

Since were "buddies" I hope you don't mind me stepping into your professional field and telling you @ 15psi your Trilogy is way outside of its efficiency range. Don't trust me on that either. Read a compressor map. Yep, your overspinning the unit.

As far as the needle bearing go..... No dirt and debris cannot get in there because there should be an air filter in line to prevent any foreign material reaching the SC.

sailsmen
06-06-2018, 07:01 AM
I have noticed at Car Shows a trend towards minuscule air filters.

Per K&N*
"That brings us to size.

Use the formula below to compute the minimum size filter required for your particular application. The usable portion of the filter is called the EFFECTIVE FILTERING AREA which is determined by multiplying the diameter of the filter times Pi (3.1416) times the height of the air filter in inches, then subtracting
.75-inch. We subtract .75-inch to compensate for the rubber seals on each end of the element and the filter material near them since very little air flows through this area.

A = effective filtering area
CID = cubic inch displacement
RPM = revolutions per minute at maximum power

Example: A 281 CID Ford engine with a horsepower peak at 6,500 rpm.

281CI X 6,500RPM / 20,839 = 87.65

If you are sizing a panel filter, multiply the width of the filter area (not the rubber seal) times its length."

The panel filter would need to be 9.4"X9.4".

The filter I have is 127.25" in Effective Filtering Area.

*Note: changed to reflect MM application.

Invective
06-06-2018, 10:06 AM
I've read where E85 is good for racing fuel (under right applications?) but nothing else. E10-15 is garbage but that is the only fuel many have known since gasoline with corn liquor was widely introduced under the Obama Administration. My vehicles clearly run better and get better fuel mileage on E0 but 93 E0 is increasingly harder to find.

Themarauderguy
06-06-2018, 12:10 PM

No one on this site should trust anything I say. Verify it with Magnuson they built the SC for Trilogies. 805-642-8833

They're going to tell you "We do not recommend using meth on any of our SC units" Been there and done that!!!

Since were "buddies" I hope you don't mind me stepping into your professional field and telling you @ 15psi your Trilogy is way outside of its efficiency range. Don't trust me on that either. Read a compressor map. Yep, your overspinning the unit.

As far as the needle bearing go..... No dirt and debris cannot get in there because there should be an air filter in line to prevent any foreign material reaching the SC.
My Trilogy blower was professionally ported and it also has the Venom kit which goes in the snout to cool down the temperature. I think "court"who owned this car befor me. New what he was doing when he had it built this way. he had it running even higher levels of boost, and I think everyone knows what the efficiency level the trilogy is it's been talked about a thousand times. I've owned 2 Trilogy cars so I know how they operate. And as far as a recommendation goes people recommend things all the time just cuz one person had a bad experience with it. don't mean it's going to happen to all of them! Like I stated previously my Trilogy is in great shape had it apart a month ago.

musclemerc
06-06-2018, 03:00 PM
I missed all those previous discussions about the efficiency of a Trilogy.

I don't remember how much boost I ran on my old Trilogy setup.

Remind me, how many pounds does the compressor loose it's efficiency?

My current TVS2300 is 16-18 lbs

Themarauderguy
06-06-2018, 03:54 PM
I missed all those previous discussions about the efficiency of a Trilogy.

I don't remember how much boost I ran on my old Trilogy setup.

Remind me, how many pounds does the compressor loose it's efficiency?

My current TVS2300 is 16-18 lbs

Look dude I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth anymore last comment to you. if you've been on the form as many years as it says you have you should already know what it is. sorry you missed it. Besides I already got an answer from another member it was nice and gave me the info I was looking for. and I'll be getting a killer Chiller real soon.

musclemerc
07-12-2018, 06:52 PM
My Trilogy blower was professionally ported and it also has the Venom kit which goes in the snout to cool down the temperature. I think "court"who owned this car befor me. New what he was doing when he had it built this way. he had it running even higher levels of boost, and I think everyone knows what the efficiency level the trilogy is it's been talked about a thousand times. I've owned 2 Trilogy cars so I know how they operate. And as far as a recommendation goes people recommend things all the time just cuz one person had a bad experience with it. don't mean it's going to happen to all of them! Like I stated previously my Trilogy is in great shape had it apart a month ago.

What happened? I thought the Trilogy was good?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/d/marauder-trilogy-supercharger/6635262530.html

Themarauderguy
07-12-2018, 07:06 PM
What happened? I thought the Trilogy was good?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/d/marauder-trilogy-supercharger/6635262530.html

Trilogy is good but the Whipples better you know that right! ask a dumb question get a dumb answer

Themarauderguy
07-12-2018, 07:07 PM
Always got to love the sarcasm on this form

musclemerc
07-12-2018, 07:15 PM
Ha...………..

Themarauderguy
07-12-2018, 07:22 PM
just another day in the movie.

decipha
07-12-2018, 09:08 PM
On my harley truck I run meth injection on my whipple spraying in to the throttle body and also have a killer chiller drag kit with the heat exchanger removed, works excellent even when it gets hot here in new orleans ACTs never go above ambient

Ive been spaying meth injection in to the inlet of my eatons on my supercoupes for over 10 years never a problem.

My marauder is getting meth too with the eaton swap. Same kot thats been on the cobra for years that the ngine came out of. Again no issues.

Only bad thing about the kc is that it will make the cab run hotter despite them claiming it doesnt. Not unbareable but it stays on max ac all the time, never gets cool enough to turn it down.