PDA

View Full Version : Marauder noise..

frosst421
06-10-2018, 02:06 PM
https://youtu.be/W_fSvJfJnjs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frosst421
06-10-2018, 02:09 PM
Now this noise just started since ive been trying to get i road worthy again.. it never had this noise before and it seems to go away some of the time.. could it be a tensioner.. im not really liking the fact that idk what it is and am praying that its nothing too serious. And if so does anyone know a reputable shop in the lehigh/fort myers area? I dont have enough experience with this perticular noise to diagnose it myself..

Gerry24
06-10-2018, 03:00 PM
PM sent...

88grandmarq
06-11-2018, 08:09 AM
sounds like valve train and/or timing chain noise.

since the car has been sitting, you might try changing the oil and using a half a bottle of lucas oil treatment.

other than that... rip the valve covers and and see whats going on.

frosst421
06-11-2018, 08:22 AM
Well i found a video on youtube and thw noise sounds almost identical. The guys issue there was a chain tensioner. My question now is that i want to get the car up to my workplace so i can work on it there its about a 12 minute drive.. an i going to severly damage anything by driving the car a short distance?

Invective
06-11-2018, 09:24 AM
Geeesh...I'm paranoid now!

My car makes an assortment of noises upon startup but is very quiet fully warm except for the occasional light 'ticking' I notice at idle when standing outside of the car. Car runs fine and seems to run better with each new driving cycle. Just wish the tranny didn't shift so soon under light throttle. Currently averaging 350 miles before the 'low fuel' lamp comes on. 41k miles and still completely stock at the moment. E0 93 gasoline.