PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Ideas in Upstate NYC, VT, NH, Southern ME?

WhatsUpDOHC
07-19-2018, 05:10 AM
Good Morning, Marauder Peeps!
My family would like to find vacation spots in Upstate NY, VT, NH and Southern ME and I wondered if you had any suggestions and places to stay.
We're looking for Mom&Pop Motels and rustic/natural locations.
In mid-August (for 2 weeks), we'll be going from Ithaca, eastbound and will be stopping in Clayton, NY for the Wood Boat museum and headed East from there - Traveling in an eastward/southern route back to Southern NJ.
I'll also be looking for something in the Ticonderoga/Lake George areas.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks!
Mark

Ambitious1
07-19-2018, 05:19 AM
Yes, Lake George, the Adirondacks and Saratoga are all beautiful places to go to during the summer months.

https://www.thesagamore.com/

https://www.iloveny.com/places-to-go/adirondacks/spotlight-lake-george/

camelgrundle
07-19-2018, 06:29 AM
Keene valley which is the heart of the adirondacks is very nice and lake George is nice too. The Adirondack museum is great and blue mountain lake which is very close is gorgeous with small cabins and motels around, lake placid is also very nice. Just a couple ideas for ya.

Mr. Man
07-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Fort Ticonderoga of course since your there. Baseball Hall of Fame is up there somewhere. Vanderbilt's or Rockefellers had "Camps" up that way. Keep an eye out for Bigfoot and don't hit New England's one and only moose it could kill you.

Don't you have Google?:P ;)

Invective
07-19-2018, 07:04 PM
I have a soft spot for Plattsburgh, NY and Lake Champlain. Never there on vacation but stayed in the area often on business and passing through to Montreal and points north/east. A ride across Hwy 2 into Vermont and down HWY 7 were memorable. Hoping to repeat most, if not all of my business trips as a retiree at some point! I could go on and on about New England and Atlantic Canada...spent much time in both.

jsignorelli
07-19-2018, 07:14 PM
My favorite NY vacation is a canoe trip on Lake George to the Dollar islands.
My family has done it many times. Your own island, swimming all day when not in a canoe.
Tent camping.....pass the fire wood!

If a canoe is not your thing, rent a power boat, but do the island camping.

Mr. Man
07-20-2018, 12:19 AM
My favorite NY vacation is a canoe trip on Lake George to the Dollar islands.
My family has done it many times. Your own island, swimming all day when not in a canoe.
Tent camping.....pass the fire wood!

If a canoe is not your thing, rent a power boat, but do the island camping.How do you rent the island w/o the homicidal maniac that always seems to come with the rental?

Bluerauder
07-20-2018, 03:55 AM
We spent a week in Rockland, ME in 2015 for the Maine Lobster Festival. Rented a 3-Bedroom house overlooking the Rockland Harbor and the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse near the Samosett Resort. Had a great time !!