PDA

View Full Version : Montreal gym bans man who attacked weightlifter for being too loud

Invective
08-10-2018, 11:06 AM
A viral video in recent days out of Montreal, Quebec. Older guy thought the younger guy was making too much noise, physically attacked him, then evicted him. Much commentary on Youtube and Twitter.

As well, a staff member has been suspended in connection with the incident.

A member of a Montreal-area gym who hit another member for making too much noise while powerlifting has been barred from the facility.

As well, a staff member has been suspended in connection with the incident, said Craig Johnson, head of operations for Buzzfit gyms, on Sunday evening.

A video of the incident, posted on a YouTube channel on Thursday evening, received more than 944,000 views by Sunday evening.

Nineteen-year-old Charles-Antoine Lalonde was at the Greenfield Park location of Buzzfit at about 10 p.m. on Aug. 2. He was doing a powerlifting exercise known as deadlifting, in which a bar holding weights is lifted off the ground to hip level, then lowered back down.

Lalonde was midset, lifting 350 pounds, and caught off guard when his assailant approached and, visibly agitated, appeared to kick the barbell out of his hands and shove Lalonde against the wall of the gym, all the while yelling at him to “get out.”

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/montreal-gym-goer-attacked-because-his-weightlifting-was-too-loud

Turbov6Bryan
08-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Reminds me of a YouTube video I watched yesterday about a black tenant at an apartment building chilling out at the pool and a off duty cop starts giving him the business and the manager comes out knows the guy because he lives there at the apartment complex.

The manager on duty takes side with the off-duty cop trying to give this young man the business about being poolside with the key in hand.

Irritates me to watch videos of incompetent people in power ****ing morons

So the manager was fired and the cop who is not on duty still works for the department

Cop never asked any other person there if they live there, this cop she was on a power trip never had an encounter with a person before hand

Invective
08-10-2018, 11:50 PM
Reminds me of a YouTube video I watched yesterday about a black tenant at an apartment building chilling out at the pool and a off duty cop starts giving him the business and the manager comes out knows the guy because he lives there at the apartment complex.

While I'm not familiar with the case you've mentioned, I could greatly expound on the subject matter, becoming the racial and political subject it sadly is.

In the case I brought to the forum; bullying and/or 'roid rage' are the obvious factors with management correctly handling the situation (whew!).

Much speculation on who the bully is but no clear ID has been released at this point as doxxing would become a new art form. Speculation in these matters can be dangerous/unwarranted for the innocent.

sailsmen
08-11-2018, 09:38 AM
We rented a Condo at the beach. Every time we asked the Manager a question his answer was "You are a renter".

I noticed every morning first thing he swept the pool. Few people were using it because the beach and ocean were great.

On our last day I slipped a Baby Ruth bar in the pool and mused while he went ballistic.;)

CBT
08-12-2018, 06:24 AM
We rented a Condo at the beach. Every time we asked the Manager a question his answer was "You are a renter".

I noticed every morning first thing he swept the pool. Few people were using it because the beach and ocean were great.

On our last day I slipped a Baby Ruth bar in the pool and mused while he went ballistic.;)
This reminds me of the time I worked as a pool cleaner and a renter slipped a Babe Ruth candy bar into the pool thier last day there. Hey wait a minute...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Phrog_gunner
08-12-2018, 06:29 AM
This reminds me of the time I worked as a pool cleaner and a renter slipped a Babe Ruth candy bar into the pool thier last day there. Hey wait a minute...

HEY SAILOR!

CBT
08-12-2018, 06:31 AM
HEY SAILOR!
Sup, homie! You still flying the friendly skies n stuff?

Phrog_gunner
08-12-2018, 06:32 AM
Sup, homie! You still flying the friendly skies n stuff?

You know it.

Warning to mods......Shenannigans......en gaged

CBT
08-12-2018, 06:35 AM
You know it.

Warning to mods......Shenannigans......en gaged
Right on. Blue sits in the garage, dusty. I bought a replacement ride.

Phrog_gunner
08-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Right on. Blue sits in the garage, dusty. I bought a replacement ride.

Mine isnt a DD anymore either. What'd you get?

CBT
08-12-2018, 06:48 AM
Mine isnt a DD anymore either. What'd you get?
My daily now is a 2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8. One of 1,999 sold in the U.S. that year. I bought it in February with 34 thousand miles on it. 470 hp, 470 tq, no mods yet. It is insanely fun.

Joe Walsh
08-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Slipped a 'Baby Ruth bar' into....

where!?

:eek:

Now I've got to Urban Dictionary 'Baby Ruth bar'

justbob
08-12-2018, 02:29 PM
My daily now is a 2012 Chrysler 300C SRT8. One of 1,999 sold in the U.S. that year. I bought it in February with 34 thousand miles on it. 470 hp, 470 tq, no mods yet. It is insanely fun.

Nice! I’ve got a soft spot for 300’s and of course a hard spot for SRT/8 versions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBT
08-12-2018, 04:25 PM
Nice! I’ve got a soft spot for 300’s and of course a hard spot for SRT/8 versions..

Whaddap, Bob! Man grab one if you are so inclined. I love it.

justbob
08-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Whaddap, Bob! Man grab one if you are so inclined. I love it.

I just did!

Oh you mean the car.. [emoji6]

Spectragod
08-14-2018, 09:07 AM
I just did!

Oh you mean the car.. [emoji6]

HEY.... what did you just touch? It was dreamy.......

CBT
08-14-2018, 09:36 AM
HEY.... what did you just touch? It was dreamy.......
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180814/f3f273e1650fbe62479183e000937e 05.jpg