PDA

View Full Version : 06 Taurus

04 Quicksilver
08-16-2018, 04:37 PM
My son drives an '06 Taurus and has a couple of problems. First the door ajar light is on when all are closed and the security system starts to alarm on its own. He has to disconnect the battery when he parks it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

RIP Queen Franklin

SteelQualityMan
08-16-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm willing to bet it is the seatbelt pretensioners in the front seat belt assemblies. My 2003 Mercury Mountaineer has exactly the same problem with one small variation. The only difference is mine doesn't usually set the alarm off until I'm inside a building where it can't be heard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Granddaddy Marq
08-16-2018, 05:28 PM
I'm thinking door switch. Does the dome light stay on? Spray some penetrating oil on the door latch that's usually where the switch for a Ford is located. Work the door open and shut and see if that works. Start with the driver door.

Spectragod
08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Door latch assembly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD MERC
08-16-2018, 05:49 PM
Door pinswitch. My 2006 tells which door is open. It would chime while driving even if all four doors were closed. Mine was the driver door switch. Not too bad to replace but you'll have to take the latch out to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTFsi809Hs

justbob
08-17-2018, 04:40 AM
As mentioned door latch/switch. Very very common on Taurus, Ranger, Edge, Explorer... We have or had all of these models in the family fleet and all worked fine once lubed and exercised. Best to remove and do the actually sticky section and you shouldn’t ever have to repeat then.

Or spend the $80-$90 each. I’m too cheap, especially on the kids beaters...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD MERC
08-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Did you determine which door is the culprit? The driver information center in the cluster will tell you if it thinks the door is open with key on. My 2006 JUST did the same thing. Driving along and chimes "right rear door open". The dome lights won't come on if you're going faster than 15MPH. My driver door door did this years ago but requires a little more effort due to the key cylinder and window regulator. Anywhoooo, I am going to replace my right rear door switch and photograph the process if you need them posted for your son. It's a simple job, my Dorman switch was $9 shipped from eBay with a lifetime warranty.